SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What Great Man Said About the Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
glaubemann

Germany ( Erlangen)

What Great Man Said About the Bible

What Great Man Said About the Bible

1.George Washington (1st President of the USA)
«It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.»

2.Thomas Jefferson (3rd President of the USA)
«A studious persual of the sacred volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands.»

3.Andrew Jackson (7th President of the USA)
«That Book, Sir, is the rock on which our republic rests.»

4.Woodrow Wilson (28th President of the USA)
«You will know the Bible is the Word of God when you read it: for in it you will find the key to your own heart, your own happiness, and your success. I beg of you that you read it, and find this out for your selves... A man has deprived himself of the best there is in the world who has deprived himself of this (the knowledge of the Bible).»

5.Herbert Hoover (31st President of the USA)
«There is no other book so various as the Bible, nor one so full of concentrated wisdom.»

6.Ulysses S. Grant (18th President of the USA)
«To the influence of this book we are indebted to the progress made in civilization, and to this we must look es our guide in the future.»

7.Napoleon Bonaparte (Famous French general)
«The Bible is more than a book; it is a living being with an action; a power which invades everything that opposes its extension.»

8.Alexander Cruden (Compiled the Cruden´s Concordance)
«All other books are of little importance in comparison with the Holy Scriptures.»

9.800 Scientists of Great Britian, recorded in the Bodelian Library, Oxford
«We, the undersigned, students of the natural sciences, desire to express our sincere regret that researches into scientific truth are perverted by some in our own times into occasion for casting doubt into the truth and authenticity of the holy scriptures, to contradict one another...
Physical science is not complete, but is only in a condition of progress. Signed by all 800 scientists.»

10.Daniel Webster (US statesman and orator)
«The Bible is the book of faith, and a book of doctrine, and a book of morals, and a book of religion, of special revelation from God; but it is also a book which teaches man his responsibility, his own dignity, and his equality with his fellow man.»
«...If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instructions and authority, no man can bury our glory in profound obscurity.»

11.Abraham Lincoln (16th President of the USA)
«In regard to this great book, I have but to say, I believe the Bible is the best gift God has given to man. All the good Saviour gave to the world was communicated through this book. But for this book we could not know right from wrong. All things most desirable for this book we could not know right from wrong. All things most desirable for man´s welfare, here and hereafter, are to be found portrayed in it.»

12.Winston Churchill (British Prime Minister during World War II)
«We rest with assurance upon the impregnable rock of holy Scripture.»

13.General Douglas MacArthur (A US military genius, and general commander of allied forces in SW Pacific during World War II)
«Belive me Sir, never a nigth goes by, be I ever so tired, but I read the Word of God before I go to bed.»

14.John Quincy Adams (6th President of the USA)
«I speak as a man of the world to men of the world; and I say to you, search the scriptures! The Bible is the book of all others, to be read at all ages, and in all conditions of human life; not to be read once or twice or thrice through, and then laid aside but to be read in small portions of one or two chapters everyday, and never to be intermitted, unless ba some overruling necessity.»

15.Sir Issay Newton (English philosopher and mathematician; formulator of the law of gravitation)
«We account the scriptures of God to be the most sublime philisophy. I find more sure marks of authority in the Bible than in any profane history wathever.»

Let me conclude with the words of Charles Dickens, the great English novelist and author of «David Copperfield»; «Great Expectations» and «Oliver Twist»:

«IT IS THE BEST BOOK THAT EVER WAS OR EVER WILL BE IN THE WORLD!»

2009/10/13 16:26Profile
Leo_Grace

Re: What Great Man Said About the Bible

Very interesting. Thank you for this post.

2009/10/14 1:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy