SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : L.Ravenhill's statement mentioning D.Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

L.Ravenhill's statement mentioning D.Wilkerson

Each time I hear the "Judgment Seat of Christ" by Ravenhill, I hear him say at the 38 minute mark that "David Wilkerson said when we were talking..."

I'm just wondering if he was saying that 'in a conversation he had' or was he saying that 'when they were on speaking terms' (in that they had a falling out)?

If it is the latter, what happened?

If the former, what was their relationship?

2009/10/13 8:51
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: L.Ravenhill's statement mentioning D.Wilkerson

if i am not mistaken Ravenhill was sort of a spiritual "father" or mentor maybe is preferred to Wilkerson, i think Ravnehill heped Wilkerson with teen challenge and visited them: I once heard wilkerson mention that ravenhill gave him a book and it changed his life when he finally decided to read it. "the christian in complete Armour". So to answer your question i think he means in the sermon he was talking to wilkerson as a conversation between two brothers and friends.

2009/10/13 8:57Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

Ravenhill says that David Wilkerson often visited him in his house, along with Keith Green.

You can hear this on the interview video on this website.

2009/10/13 11:09Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

IWantAnguish wrote:
Ravenhill says that David Wilkerson often visited him in his house, along with Keith Green.

You can hear this on the interview video on this website.

If i am not mistaken they where neighbors for a while

2009/10/13 11:20Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1702]Interview with Ravenhill[/url]

He speaks about how Keith Green would bound into the room full of energy, contrasted to David Wilkerson who had been a pastor for many years by then. I forget at what point in the video this comes up... It's 2 hours long. :-P

2009/10/13 11:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I'm just wondering if he was saying that 'in a conversation he had' or was he saying that 'when they were on speaking terms' (in that they had a falling out)?\

Ravenhill, Wilkerson, Keith Green, Winkie Pratney and others all lived on the same city and street in Lyndale, Texas.

2009/10/13 12:10Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Boy -that would have been cool to live on the same street as Wilkerson, Ravenhill and Keith!!!

Patrick
www.jonahproject.org

2009/10/13 14:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy