SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Will you defend your family against attack or let them be killed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Talked about and covered much.......
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30531&forum=36

2009/10/12 16:48
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

appolus wrote:
Talked about and covered much.......
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30531&forum=36

...which has also been talked about and covered much.

2009/10/12 20:15Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Hey Chapel,
Hey everyone posting to this thread:-)

I wanted to say thank you Chapel for posting this article and providing the link. It gave me a lot to think about. I actually have found myself in the kind of situation where someone broke into my home its a very terrifying thing to wake up and see a strange man standing in your room, especially when your a fourteen year old girl. God is good though and faithful, He was with me then and I pray and trust that He will be always. I have also found myself in another situation that was equally as frightening to me. After I first got married my husband worked a night shift and I found myself home alone often. Because of my prior experience I was not really ever comfortable being by myself. There had been some criminal activity in the neighborhood not for from us so I had my dads hand gun in the house. One night I found myself being woken up to the sounds of someone rattling around the back door of my house. I looked at the clock it was still hours before my husband was due home from work. I was panicked and I grabbed the gun, put my finger on the trigger ready to shoot whoever was trying to get through my door. I left the lights off, but I could see a figure through the back window of the door and I remember shaking and crying because I was so afraid and I did not want anything bad to happen. I remember yelling at the person on the other side of the door to just go away or I would shoot them. I heard more noise like something being knocked over so I began praying out to God and asking Him to help me. I prayed and prayed that the person would just go away. In that moment the Lord just gave me this overwhelming since to not fire the gun. He just gave me the strongest feeling of calm and peace in that moment to put the gun down. I placed the gun on the counter and just stood there listening and waiting. A few moments later I heard my husbands voice calling out to me, he had gotten off of work early and did not have his keys to let himself in the house. He had gone to the back door because he had been knocking at the front door of the house for over 15 minutes for me to let him in, he thought that I would hear him better since our room was not far from the back door. It had been storming out that night and I did not hear him knocking at all. I had almost shot my own husband because I had allowed fear to rule me. We do not have a gun in the house any longer, and unless the Lord shows me differently I probably never will. I don't pretend to have all the answers to all the "what if" questions that are thought up and posted about, all I can say is that no matter what I want to follow Jesus(as I am sure all of you do as well). I trust that in the moment no matter what is happening He is going to be there with me and my family and that is really all I need to know:-)

with care in Him
rdg

after thought: I just want to say that I do not have a problem with people who own guns for hunting or sport shooting, this was just me sharing my personal experience:-)

after after thought:-) Just one very last thing to share. This is my last post, I am leaving the forums for good. Its been on my heart to for awhile now. So I pray for you all the best.

2009/10/12 20:44Profile

Re:

Quote:
I had almost shot my own husband because I had allowed fear to rule me.

Praise the Lord for sparing you this grief. What a wonderful miracle.

I do not believe fear of man should be part of our lives either.

Thanks for sharing.

God bless you.

2009/10/13 15:33
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
We do not have a gun in the house any longer, and unless the Lord shows me differently I probably never will.

I am glad God spoke to you, i dont know how many shootings and killings happened in America under a year, but i know it is many thousands, compared to other countries america is many 100% higher. So many lives could be spared if there where no guns, although as you say it is fear that makes us get guns and weapons, we feel afraid and not in control and want to feel power and security.

The Gun can provide a false sense and feeling of power and security, but i thank God he is my shield, as he was Daniels in the lions den surrounded by hungry bloodthirsty lions God protected him, how much more his children!

Praise God for helping you and your family

2009/10/13 16:46Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

John 2:14-16 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when [b]he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple[/b], and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

Does this passage describe a non-resistance Jesus. No this describes Jesus planning to go to the temple and clean it up. Can you see Jesus sitting down making his whip. Going into the temple forcing everyone, man and beast to leave the temple.

2009/10/13 17:27Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

murrcolr wrote:
John 2:14-16 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when [b]he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple[ and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

Does this passage describe a non-resistance Jesus. No this describes Jesus planning to go to the temple and clean it up. Can you see Jesus sitting down making his whip. Going into the temple forcing everyone, man and beast to leave the temple.

its true he did that, but he dident do that when they attacked him personally, when they whipped him, hung him on a cross he did not attack them, but when they defiled Gods house he rose up, we often do the opposite, if [b]I[/b] and [b]my[/b] interest are threatened i react, but when Gods house is not in order, when people making money in Gods name in his house i dont drive them out. Se Jesus never defended himself when they did something to him personally, he did rebuke and drive people out, but that was in relationship with God for Gods interest, not his own comfort and security. There is a difference....

2009/10/13 17:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
I am glad God spoke to you, i dont know how many shootings and killings happened in America under a year, but i know it is many thousands, compared to other countries america is many 100% higher. So many lives could be spared if there where no guns

Let's all take a moment and thank God that hmmhmm is not in political power in America.

Please consider the following:

It is not individuals who privately own guns that are responsible for massacres throughout history. It is tyrannical governments who do not fear the people but run rough shod over them and annihilate opposition.

I'm with Thomas Jefferson on this one:

"When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

You think Colombine was bad...you should have been in Cambodia with Pol Pot. You might as well be begging for a Russia under Stalin.

Anyway...it was Darwinism that was partially responsible for Colombine, not gun ownership.

I like the bumper sticker that says "Blaming guns for Colombine is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnell being fat."

2009/10/13 18:19

Re:

Quote:
but when they defiled Gods house he rose up, we often do the opposite,

Yeah...and do you also believe that He would do what He said to whosoever shall offend one of these little ones?

How can you say that Jesus was a pacifist in every situation?

Who are you looking for to come the second time?

Would it be a Man coming to rule the nations with a rod of iron?

2009/10/13 18:23
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

orthodox wrote:
Quote:
but when they defiled Gods house he rose up, we often do the opposite,

Yeah...and do you also believe that He would do what He said to whosoever shall offend one of these little ones?

How can you say that Jesus was a pacifist in every situation?

Who are you looking for to come the second time?

Would it be a Man coming to rule the nations with a rod of iron?

I did not say he was a pacifist in every situation, i just said he never murdered any one, not even in self defense, not even when they killed him. And i know how he is coming back, but i am not called to follow that Christ, i am called to follow him as he walked on earth, not as God taking vengeance and killing all the wicked sinners and pronounce judgment upon them and cast them in hell, I am not called to that. That is His job and i trust he will do that, i am more focused on following him as he walked on earth.

2009/10/13 18:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy