SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Will you defend your family against attack or let them be killed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Will you defend your family against attack or let them be killed?

Depending on the circumstances. But I would probably do a spin or a cartwheel and really do some damage. My policy would be to shoot first and ask questions later.

2009/10/12 10:43
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

DeepThinker wrote:
Depending on the circumstances. But I would probably do a spin or a cartwheel and really do some damage. My policy would be to shoot first and ask questions later.

you should really ask first if he is there to kill you as a christian or just a normal killing, if a christian you cant kill him since Jesus told us not to, rather when we are persucuted then we are blessed. But if no then shoot him by all means.

2009/10/12 11:19Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi chapel...

Quote:
Yet we go to war and destroy countless numbers of lives to prevent the possibility of such a thing from ever happening.

What about the lives that are actually [i]saved[/i] by war? I have heard this argument in many of the other threads that present a particular "non-resistant" perspective.

For instance, in regard to the question in this thread, we might lament the potential loss of an attacker who might not have another opportunity to come to Christ. Yet, what about the lives of those who are in the home? Since each person is called to "work out their own salvation with fear and trembling," then those individuals in our home might deserve the same sort of sympathy.

I agree with Krispy that this topic can cause debate. At the same time, it is very similar to those countless "non-resistance" threads that extend a particular view of non-resistance toward these sort of possible scenarios. While this particular question may be hypothetical scenario, it is just as hypothetical as a scenario regarding potential martyrdom. I have yet to meet a physical martyr; although, I have met men and women who have died while working in foreign lands, and even some who have been imprisoned for the work of the Lord. Yet I have met several individuals who have been attacked for reasons other than their faith.

I also agree with Krispy and others that a man has a duty to take care of the needs of his family. I believe that if a man's family is attacked, he should react accordingly -- whether they are attacked by a lion, a bear or an attacker. Of course, I don't think that any believing man will premeditatedly kill an intruder or an attacker. The goal is not to kill, but to stop the attack and protect the lives of those within your care.

2009/10/12 11:59Profile

Re:

I believe the enemy of our souls to be at work in this thread, its an effort to cause division. This subject was completely thrashed out on the other thread. Just a thought and a warning :).........Frank

2009/10/12 12:05

Re:

6,000,000 people were exterminated by the Nazi's in WWII. I guess as good Christians we should have done nothing.

Krispy

2009/10/12 12:35
chapel

Re:

Another opinion in answer to your question,
Can Christians Use Violence to Protect their Family?

This response to is from pages 70-74 of The Kingdom that Turned the World Upside Down © David Bercot. Used by permission.

http://loveyourenemies.wordpress.com/2007/12/24/can-christians-use-violence-to-protect-their-family-2/

2009/10/12 12:59Profile

Re:

Quote:
Another opinion in answer to your question

Yea... thats what we need here... lol

Krispy

2009/10/12 13:12
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
6,000,000 people were exterminated by the Nazi's in WWII. I guess as good Christians we should have done nothing.

Krispy

If i am not mistaken, i may be, did not Hitler offer both Great Brittan and America to take all the jews and he would ship them first class? did not some coutries even send back boats fully loaded with jews back to germany? So yes it could have been avoided even before the extermination, but then again, we have a sovereign God who is in controll. It is he who gives nations and stop wars, gives victories etc. True God may used those who did something, late but better late then never. He may have stirred their hearts of nations leaders or something, i do not know. And in regards to this issue i dont have all the answers, but the cowboy spirit of "ill shot first ask later" is not the spirit of Jesus, Jesus did not walk like that, myself is not perfect, i am not forcing people to adopt my beliefs or convictions either, but to me scripture points me to the Lord Jesus, he is love, he is the one we follow, and if in some area I act or speak in a way unlike Him, i want to repent of that. To live by those heavenly principals he lived by.

I just have a very hard time seeing Jesus shooting someone, let say some robber entered his house when he was young and lived with joseph and mary, would Jesus pick up the carpenter hammer and smash the robbers brain out on the floor, shot first ask later?

I dont see that Jesus in scripture, since i only can speculate i cant give an answer, but maybe he would have said something that the spirit prompted him to say that the robber would have stopped?

maybe that is the answer? not having a loaded gun ready, but having a loaded spirit ready to say what the Lord would have said?

anyway, i may be wrong, but i am glad this lady in this video did not shot first.

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=35545ad0157361011735

2009/10/12 13:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
you should really ask first if he is there to kill you as a christian or just a normal killing, if a christian you cant kill him since Jesus told us not to, rather when we are persecuted then we are blessed. But if no then shoot him by all means.

Years ago my brother found out that his wife had "dealings" with another brother. A fight broke out between them, and I and my sister were a wall between them both to keep them from hitting one another.

I said all that to say this, when necessary I will do everything that I can physically to restrain someone who will do damage to my family. I am not much of a fighter, I use my body as a paper weight so to speak.

But if were talking about the SS coming in or some other government controlled agency arresting us, what can be done? We are sheep led to the slaughter.

If we are talking about going to war and killing people, that is all part and parcel when they signed up to the army. That is what these guys are trained to do. This is the Army Mr Jones.

If I was at war, I know I couldn't lift up arms against anyone. I'd have to be appointed to something else, I just couldn't do it.

2009/10/12 14:07

Re:

Wow! I think that the varying views expressed here prove that this topic is NOT a waste of time.

This was not posted to stir up needless debate.

But it was posted to expose the hypocrisy of a purely 100% pacifist position.

I think a man who wouldn't protect his family is a man who is internally conflicted due to an ideology he has swallowed OR is a man I wouldn't want to trust. (Ladies...I'm a bit old fashioned. But if you are too, you know when I write "man" I'm including you too for the most part)

2009/10/12 15:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy