SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Just Walk Away

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Just Walk Away

Greetings

There have been times in my walk that some particular sin or another will come up, a sin that I thought I had died to. It will raise its ugly head with a thought or a prodding to give into self in that area once again and I find myself just wanting to grab hold of it and strangle it. This came up a few times yesterday as I was going through out my day, so this morning as I was seeking the Lord I happened on this wonderful letter that was shared among some brothers and sisters awhile ago and it just really spoke to my heart. What a wonderful thought that I can just lay my sin at His feet and leave it there. I can trust that He alone is capable and I can rest in that.

Just a thought to consider for any who have had this same issue in their own walk:-)

God Bless
maryjane

Just Walk Away
Just a Quiet Thought for the Day

So many truly desire, with every fiber of their being, to put away a particular sin that harasses them, steals their peace and beats them down. Some things were easily put aside. Others were more difficult, but eventually subdued. Other sins do not respond well to direct confrontation, because the very thought of them in the attempt to rid ourselves of them..... only seems to feed the sin and give it strength. Longing for human love, unforgiveness, fear..... there are a number of these types of sins that just don’t always “go away” when we try to beat them down. Though there are no “excuses” for sins, and “there’s always a way out,” it’s also true that Father wants us to learn of Him in the circumstances that are difficult, when our hearts are TRULY not to hold on to, or excuse, or blame..... just to let go and love on Him, no strings attached. Still, some “giants” are more difficult than others.

Maybe that isn’t you, and you don’t have any such challenges. Perhaps you won’t quite see what I’m saying, and that’s okay. No problem. But, if you can relate to any of that and haven’t found many “answers” in your Journey towards love and purity for Jesus, then maybe you’ll appreciate a thought that has helped me very much in dealing with some of these “other” kinds of sins: the kinds of sin that we desperately want to rid ourselves of, we KNOW are sins and are inexcusable, but do not “go away” when we attempt to try to beat them down for His sake.

For some kinds of sin, it is better to just gracefully lay them at the foot of the cross, and walk away. Don’t reason with it, don’t beat on it, don’t get emotional and have some big extravagant session of exorcising it from your life. No grandiose promises or resolutions or vows. Not this time.

Just walk away, quietly. And don’t look back. Do NOT look back. Just leave it. No lingering, no longing, no remembering. Just walk away, quietly.

These words have meant much to me, personally, and I remind myself of them often when the hurt is greater than I can bear.....

For the saints of God, and for the Lamb.....

“Put it on a raft and let it drift away on the ocean waves until it disappears.”

For Him. For them. He is sufficient.

7/5/2003

2009/10/9 12:09Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Just Walk Away

My sin--O the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin- not in part but the whole;
is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, O my soul!!

2009/10/9 13:34Profile
daniel-

Germany

Re: Just Walk Away

Hi MaryJane,

thats tremendous. I have had the same experience in recent weeks. Often, satan will try to torment us with sinful thoughts and feelings and wants us to fight against them, to drive them out, to make handstands, to strive and strive. But in this way, the sinful thoughts seem only to become stronger and stronger. This is a striving in the flesh. The best thing then to do is to simply let it go and look to Jesus and allow Him to love you. Amen.

Daniel

2009/10/9 15:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy