SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : No Money No Passport, but ready to Work anywhere & in His Name & For His Glory

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

No Money No Passport, but ready to Work anywhere & in His Name & For His Glory

Since becoming Christian, I have always wanted to serve on missions overseas. But there are many right here in my own home town that need to hear the Gospel and need my God given abilities, so I never pursued any overseas missions. You see, I know God is real, and I am beyond having faith to having knowledge, just for the simple facts of the many, many changes done within me by the Holy Spirit. At this moment in my life, I am out of work and have no money, but there are lots of jobs here in the Washington DC area where I live. And I am highly skilled and have over 10 years of advance and general office experience, and I am willing to work and do anything like cleaning toilets or working at a fast food restaurant, and I do clean restrooms once a week for extra money, so I am willing and able to do anything, and there are 1000’s of jobs within a 10 mile radius of where I live, but I cannot get one.

I know God is real and in my life, but he has not opened any doors to any of these jobs. And even those that I have applied to or even some how got an interview for, I am so over qualified for the position, they will not hire me, even though I am willing to take the lowliest position or lowest paying job, but I cannot get anything. I have prayed to God, and told Him I am willing to do anything and step out in faith, and from my experience and also from reading Brother Andrew’s (Legendary Missionary) explanation of how to be ready, is to move forward like a big ship with the sails open and God will send His winds to direct you in the path that He wants me to go, which leads me to your door step at the moment.

Thankfully, I still have the peace (THANK GOD) that can only be given and truly obtained by the Holy Spirit. I also know that is better to praise God when things are at there worst, than when they are at there best, that the greater the affliction on the believer, the greater the Glory that God receives. I know that the believer can in the spirit of true resignation pray, “Send me what thou wilt, my God, so long as it comes from thee; never came there an ill portion from thy table to any of thy children.”

So if you know of an opportunity to serve on a mission or anything where no passport is required nor is money necessary from me, please let me know. More background on me, I am truly born again, a constant volunteer, I can never say no to someone in need nor to volunteer requests, I do some street preaching, but I am better at apologetics, and I am a hard worker (working to please God and not man), and indwelled with the mighty power of the Holy Spirit. Please note that I strongly believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, and know that it is a mandatory requirement for conviction of sin before believing in Christ as the sinners one and only Savior, and in addition to the Holy Spirit being required for becoming born again, and that the Holy Spirit is required for continued experiential sanctification; however I do not believe in speaking in angelic tongues nor speaking in any language that cannot be understood by at least one unbeliever.

2009/10/6 10:46Profile
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

Re: No Money No Passport, but ready to Work anywhere & in His Name & For His Glory

Thank you so much for your prayers! And I have looked at applying for work at the local churches in the area, they are struggling during this “difficult economic time.” But I would be more than glad to do so, however, it may not be want God’s me to do at this time, because there are 1000s upon 1000s of jobs here in the Washington DC area. And so with there being so many doors, but God opening none of them for me, it maybe because God wants me to drastically go in another, wholly different, direction.

Therefore, the reason I was posting was not for a job request, nor prayer requests, but nothing more than trying to step out in faith, and go where the winds, as directed by God, would take me.

I still have the peace that only can be received by God and cannot be truly explained, THANK GOD! And I am confident, not because I have faith, but know God is real and is in my life and in my heart. Yes there is some anxiety, but not as much as there would be without having the Holy Spirit of God. Yes there is trouble in my life, but being a sort of man’s man, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger;” I know that saying isn’t in the Bible, but it’s teaching is.

Thanks again for your prayers, and may God fill your cup with Grace and Peace, and Love, until it is overflowing!

Mike ;-)

2009/10/6 12:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Brother,

So sorry you are having this problem...mind if I give you a suggestion?

You said how you are over qualified to do the simplest job. May I suggest that the next time you do an interview do not mention all your qualifications. Downplay them. Employers will think that you will expect a higher wage then they can afford to pay. Understand what I am saying?

We sometimes employ folks in our business but it is seasonal. If we would need someone real bad and they would come in and tell us of all the things they are qualified to to do, I would feel a tad bit intimidated! and would not be disposed to hire such a person. All I am looking for is someone who takes an interest in our business and has a good work ethic.

We have hired people with high IQs and some with low IQs. IQs matter little in our business - a good work ethic does. The person with a very high IQ abused cell phone use and in the process stole time from us!

BTW, have you have considered becoming self-employed? Do you have any marketable skills that can be used to produce a marketable product, or render a service independant of being employed by someone else?

This is my perspective as a sometime employer. Hope it may help you.

God bless..

ginnyrose

2009/10/6 14:52Profile
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

Re: interview suggestion

Will do! Thanks Ginnyrose! But my posting here was in the hopes to serve in the mission field, I would rather be working for Him than myself. How cool would it be to be serving in His Name and for His Glory, and especially in a country that persecutes Christians! But the bills are here and now, so I will heed your great advice and try to see what happens.

Thanks Again!

2009/10/6 15:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy