SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : can anyone help my friend Angelika who lives in Canada

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

can anyone help my friend Angelika who lives in Canada

I had posted months back about her having problems, but as you see the problems have got worse, i have tol her to go to her church and tell them your situation and see if someone can let her live with them or someone could help her find a place. She i not healthy , does not much money so please understand her situation, i already have told her to get out, but no one can help it seems and her finances our bad, here is what she wrote on prayway.com, she wanted me to read this and respond, so i did but i can't help her not having money and living in illinois, so if anyone can recommend her to someone i will leave her email, i believe she lives in hamilton Ontario.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PrayWay Global Prayer Community > Prayer Requests & Prayers for Others > Spiritual & Emotional Needs

PLEASE STAND IN THE GAP FOR MY DESPERATE SITUATION., THE STRIFE IN MY HOME IS AT A FEVER PITCH! Options

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic Download this topic Subscribe to this forum Display Modes Switch to: Outline Standard Switch to: Linear+
Angelika Yesterday, 08:51 AM Post #1

PrayWay Prayer Warrior

Group: Members2
Member No.: 6042

In my home the arguing and verbal abuse from my roommate is at a fever pitch. Just when I think that it's stopped, it starts all over again. His constant threats to move out on me, leaving me to pay the rent that I can't afford and the fact that I may end up homeless is just too much to bare. He knows exactly what buttons to push to control me when he wants his way. He's completely taken over the apartment and left me with very little rights in my apartment. My apartment has become my jail and he is my jailer, and I have no peace in that regard and my nerves are shot. All of this is ellivating my blood sugar and causing me such depression and heartache. This has become a daily event and I have no where to go to get away from him.

I have a walker on wheels now to help me get around and I can't get to the grocery store in the rain so I'm stuck here and the food is running out and he won't lift a finger to help me out, yet he helps out everyone else when they need him. He is also determined to have his transexual future lover come and visit and stay here for 4 days at the end of this month (October) and demanded his privacy or else, so I'm staying at my friends house for those 4 days. He wants to engage in a sexual relationship with him and he believes that the Lord is bringing them together. IT'S UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!

I have repeatedly told him that what he pursuing is a sin, but he's deaf to the fact and says that he and his friend are one of Gods' 'unique people', and that having sex with such a person is ok with God. He says he's in love with this guy, and wants to spend the rest of his life with him. It make's me sick and I feel so helpless. So I gave it all to the Lord, into His hands to take control of it all, and that's the best thing that I can do. It's not my job to change my friend, but rather it's Gods job to do what He see's fit to do in this situation and in His time frame. So I'm confident that the Lord has everything under control even if it doesn't look that way to me, and I'm at peace with knowing that.

In the meantime I've applied for subsidised housing and I'm at the top of the list because of the abuse, so it's a matter of when an apartment will become vacant, and who knows when that will be. Until then, I'm stuck here with a man that is so demonized that he is no longer in his right mind, and he is not capable of seeing it himself, and he thinks that he's just fine and dandy. He says that I'm the cause of his anger and strife, all because I stand my ground and set bounderies. My bounderies are pushed down with his constant threats to control me and it's working. I'm living in constant overwhelming fear, and I can't seem to shake it, and so I'm becoming an emotional wreck. I need a break and go on a long vacation to destress, and I wish that I could afford it.

The good news in all of this is that I don't hold anything against him, and I'm not bitter or angry with him because I know that his behaviour is the result of his bipolar sickness and demons. He needs people to intercede and pray for him. He refuses to get set free, because the enemy has such a hold on him and won't allow him to see that he needs intervention. Nothing would make me happier than to see him set free and move on with the Lord, and I know it will be only a matter of time when that will happen. I would like to see it happen sooner than later, and like I said before, it's up to the Lord when and where that will happen, so it's out of my hands and in Gods' hands.

I've just started going to a home church and they have no idea what's going on here, and I'm hesitant in sharing it with them because people can be so codependant and tell me what I should be doing when I already know what to do. I have a couple of people that are giving me unsolicited advice and it's overwhelming me so much that I shut down, and that's not what I need right now. There are so many things on my plate at the moment that I have to address and that's overwhelming enough. I know that they mean well, but I would rather they pray for me and not fix me, only God can do that.

The doctors is making an appointment for me to get an MRI done asap on my brain to find out what's causing my inbalance and spacing out. I also have an appointment to see a neurologist next month and I am curious about what he wants to do. Am I worried? No way! If the Lord heals me, He heals me, if He wants to take me home, I'm ok with that, no more death and taxes, LOL! Right!? I'm feeling so tired and weary that I would rather take a permanent vacation in heaven, and don't worry I'm not suicidal. If God isn't finished with me yet and still has plans for me, that's great and I would really love that, absolutely. I love working for the BIG GUY, LOL!

I'm sorry that I don't have much good news to share with you all, and it is, what it is, and I would appreciate your prayers for my friend and me. Thank you for praying for us, it means a lot to me, and it let's me know that someone cares about me and that I'm not alone. I would appreciate your words of encouragement very much.

God bless ya.

[email protected]

here is the link to the site she goes on and posted this.

http://www.prayway.com/prayer/index.php?showtopic=68143

2009/10/5 4:34Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: can anyone help my friend Angelika who lives in Canada

God help her.

And her roomate and 'friend'.

God bless.

2009/10/5 5:25Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

For situations like this I strongly encourage the local church to be the solution. ie the church she would attend or be around in hamilton. That way also it is verified as a genuine problem etc.

2009/10/5 8:12Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

yah i told her to tell her church but she says she doesn't know them enough. I personally think it is her own problem if she doesn't. I know many people including myself where the blame is us and not others, we don't want to ever listen, we want to be rebellious. Thats our own problem. She says she is waiting on an apartment to open up but if it doesn't she stays with this man. It angers me because she just won't jump out on faith and tell these church members.

2009/10/5 16:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

What on earth - a female is living with a male and now wants folks to pray for her well-being!!! And she does not want people preaching to her!!! It just might help her situation if she would quit her pity party and listen to other folks who are giving her 'unsolicited advice'. If she owns the lease on her apartment she could get a restraining order on the fellow...

bible4life, sometimes the best thing one can do in a situation like this is stand back and allow things to run its course. Too many times we want to make the pigpen comfortable for the prodigals that reside there.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/10/7 1:19Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Ginnyrose,
You echoed my thoughts entirely. Which is why I gave the lame response that I did.

It doesn't even sound right.

She just needs to get saved first.

As you said, maybe the situation just needs to run it's course.

For my part, I'd rather be homeless than live like this.

2009/10/7 9:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Enid,

I know my advice sounded rough, even to me.

We have been so conditioned to think 'psychologically' in knowing how to deal with problems that we have strayed so far from God's methods. And God's methods are too blunt and harsh for our soft minds.

Have you ever considered how much of philanthropy is used to make the prodigals' pigpen comfortable? How much of it encourages sloth?

Many today are wanting the Christian's prayers to help them cope but are not interested in doing things God's way. If they would they would likely not find themselves in the mess they are... they must love their mess too much..uugghh!

ginnyrose

2009/10/7 10:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy