SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival Conference at Loughor

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ThePilgrim

Revival Conference at Loughor

I have heard that "Till there was no remedy" by John Rhys Watkins was the message preached at Moriah Chapel 2004 on the 100th hundredth anniversary of the Welsh revival. I have been told that the message was well received though there were quite a few ministers that walked out during the message. Apparently many had gathered for a "Toronto Blessing" and were very disappointed because the message dealt with the true condition of the church in Wales. I hope that the next wave of l meetings will help bring a true revival. We will be praying to this end.

2009/10/3 9:14Profile

Re: Revival Conference at Loughor

Well I know that there will be no "Toronto Blessing," at this gathering. Men of God will share the Truth and prayer warriors will pray that God will step down, to glorify Himself not men............Frank

2009/10/3 12:23
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Apparently many had gathered for a "Toronto Blessing" and were very disappointed because the message dealt with the true condition of the church in Wales.

May it happen again.

And may God's true blessing of His Holy Spirit come upon the gathering.

Oh we are in absolute desperate need, and the problem is we really don't realize it!

2009/10/3 13:02Profile
ThePilgrim

Re:

I have just received an email form some that was at the anniversary who says that there were also a group of women there that demanded people at the conference stop praying for revival!! There were asked to leave but came back to hear the message preached by Pastor Watkins. They left during the message after coming under conviction and may have been witches!

Carter Conlon's last message in Wales was "This is that" preached in Cardiff City Temple. There were women there that also left because they expected the "Toronto Blessing" but only got conviction.

Much of the UK has been heavily deceived by false revival movements, this condition is now compounded with apathy.

Can we commit to praying for this momentous occasion?

2009/10/3 13:29Profile
JoanM

Re: on Awake and See and Nathanael

Greg posted regarding "[b]the true condition of the church[/b] in Wales.":

"May it happen again. And may God's true blessing of His Holy Spirit come upon the gathering. Oh we are in absolute desperate need, and the problem is we really don't realize it!"

There is a concurrent thread running with a powerful picture of the current condition: I think called [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30799&forum=36 ]I had a dream[/url]

I ended up posting there what may be appropriate to this thread. It includes how I am led to pray this week for meetings. My heart is very much for the Nathanaels.

2009/10/3 15:56Profile

Re:

Pilgrim writes.....

"Can we commit to praying for this momentous occasion?"

There is a group of people that have been praying and we gather together on the phone every Tuesday night, its a Prayer conference call and you and others are more than welcome to join us......Frank

2009/10/3 17:27
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Revival Conference at Loughor - Who is John Rhys Watkins?

I just listened to this message today by John Rhys Watkins and it is very good and very clear call to biblical revival.

I have not heard of him before. I see that there are a few of his sermons on SI, but can anyone tell me more about who he is, where he is based (I guess Wales, but which church?). How long has he been in ministry etc. He sounded young, but voices can give wrong impression.
Just interersted as he is a very strong preacher...

Here is the lnk if anyone is interested in listening. https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=12056.
I would recommend in the light of upcoming SI conference in Wales and it's sad to say this is the truth not just in Wales, but in a lot of the UK.

2009/10/6 15:55Profile
ThePilgrim

Re: Who is John Rhys Watkins

John Rhys Watkins is preacher based in Wales.
He was mentored by BH Clenndenen and introduced the School of Christ to the UK. BH Clenndenen preached many times at conferences organised by Pastor Watkins, and stayed with him and his family. I think he also did The Street Preacher Confrences in the UK and Ireland. From his testimony tape, Pastor Watkins was saved out of the Mormon Church at the age of 30 and started planting churches.
Though is messages are not refined, they are certainly messages that can lead individuals to revival.
In America they call him the Rainmaker?

I have found link from another website in the USA that links to Pastor Watkins. [email protected]

They did have a short recording of Evan Roberts preaching in 1904. The quality is not very good and it was in Welsh. This was the language that Evan Roberts preached in.

O Duw Plugyr Y Eglwys ( O God Bend The Church)

If SI can get more of his sermons please let me know.

2009/10/6 16:35Profile

Re:

Yes, he's definitely welsh! :)

Thanks for the link, brother...

Quote:
I would recommend in the light of upcoming SI conference in Wales and it's sad to say this is the truth not just in Wales, but in a lot of the UK.

So true.. but praise God: "God's time for revival is the very darkest hour, when everything seems hopeless. It is always the Lord's way to go to the very worst cases to manifest His glory." (Andrew Gih)
I had often felt hopeless about our spiritual state in the UK, until God gave me a desire to seek Him with a pure heart, and to encourage others in the ways God has made known to me, as He leads. As this has happened, I have come to realise that I am not alone... there are others who have the same desire, and He is slowly working in other's hearts. He is more than able...! Amen!

2009/10/6 16:55
ThePilgrim

Re:

Does SI have the message called The Rainmaker? I would like to have a copy of this or any other Welsh preachers you have hear.

Evan Roberts believed another unknown Welshman would take up the mantle of revivalist. Lets hope he is there in Loughor.

2009/10/7 16:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy