SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God gave me a dream...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JoanM

Re: "and he awoke"

This is a wonderful thread underscoring the need for revival. The picture of the Circus of Death is powerful.

For some time my prayer for revival has included that believers wake out of their sleep and their grogginess. Last week a weekly email from Daniel Lapin has made an adjustment in my prayer. Here is the related portion of that email which I would forward in whole to anyone who sends a pm with their email.

“.... wisdom is revealed through a Hebrew word that means “and he awoke.”

“To get a clear understanding of this, let’s look at the following two verses.…She (Delilah) said, “The Philistines are upon you, Samson,” and he awoke from his sleep… (Judges 16: 14). She said, “The Philistines are upon you, Samson,” and he awoke from his sleep…(Judges 16:20).

“The verses seem to say the same thing, don’t they? In the first verse [verse 16], the word for ‘and he awoke’ (VaYiKaTZ) is spelled with five Hebrew letters. In verse 20, only four of the letters are used. As you can see, in the second example one of the little letters, called a Yud, is missing. What is the difference? Ancient Jewish wisdom emphasizes that whenever an extra letter Yud appears it connotes a dose of God’s spiritual power.

“Looking at the verses in context we see that initially Samson possessed his unique, God-given strength. He could prevail over his enemies. By the second verse, Delilah has ordered his hair cut in contradiction to God’s command, and Samson has lost his power. In Samson’s case, the missing letter lets us know that this isn’t a simple awakening; his entire reality has shifted for the worse.

“By comparison, when Jacob awakens in Genesis 28:16, the word VaYiKaTZ is spelled with two yuds. When he lay down to sleep, he did so as a fugitive, fleeing his brother Esau’s wrath. However, while he slept God spoke to him. When Jacob awoke he was a man with a destiny. His reality had expanded.

“Sometimes we end our sleep reluctantly and rub our eyes wondering what to do. That is an awaken with only one yud. ...”

Today as my BSF bible study has me in John 1, I am thinking that there are many Nathanaels (John 1: 47 and further) in the Body of Christ, honest (without guile) in their confession of Jesus as the Son of God, but they have not seen revival “And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power.” (Paul's prayer in Eph 1: 19 and surrounding).

2009/10/3 15:13Profile
JoanM

Re: Direction for revival prayer - Indianapolis, Dublin, Loughor ....

OK this is really too much:

[b]October 3rd - The Lord My Portion by Watchman Nee‏[/b]

And what the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to that working of the strength of his might which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead. Ephesians 1:19, 20.

Paul prayed in his day for the saints in Ephesus that they might see the exceeding greatness of the power which God had already given them. Now if we today do not see that the power in us and the power in Christ is one and the same power, we too must pray for seeing. If the power manifested in us is less than the power that was manifested in Christ, we should acknowledge that there are still many things which we have not seen. Let us humbly confess and pray to God to make us see. The power which God works in those who believe is according to the working of the strength of His might which He wrought in Christ. Hallelujah! This is the spiritual fact. Let us ask God to open our eyes that we may truly perceive and understand. We will not ask Him to pour upon us more power from outside; no, we will only ask Him to cause us to discover and to see more that is in us already.

2009/10/3 15:26Profile

Re: God gave me a dream ...

Hi Lysa,

You said

Quote:
we must go forth to our bros and sisters to set them free by the power of the Spirit so they can go forth and set others free.

Can 'we' do this?

2009/10/5 0:10
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: HR PUFNSTUFF

Quote:
by elanham on 2009/10/3 9:04:54:
The character Jimmy almost died. Many who are addicted to entertainment who need to have their souls titillated will likewise be in danger of losing their lives. Amusement means the lack of thinking deeply upon a matter and if there was any hour of history that we as christians should be thinking deeply and clearly it is now. This has surely been the downfall of many unsuspecting christians. May it not be ours. May we along with our King bear the weight of the wretched condition of the world and some of the church and in so doing may we find lasting freedom from the seductive task masters of amusement and entertainment.

I was in Jr. High when that was on and I remember HR Puffnstuff. You are so right about the entertainment. I have prayed about that for myself.

The friends I do jail ministry with have given up TV, they have their VCR and only watch what they want. They don't have Hollywood pumped into their house 24/7. Oh my goodness, they read! LOL

I just wanted to say I for one, believe you hit one of the most important nails in the churches coffin.

God bless,

2009/10/5 6:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy