Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am going to bury my head in the sand

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

I am going to bury my head in the sand

Hey
I wanted to share something that I felt convicted about. I have shared on a few threads that I do not believe a christian is to be involved with worldly affairs of government and so forth(my personal belief for me) but I have found myself getting caught up in some of the topics here as well in my day to day living on these very things with some family/friends. SO after much prayer I am going to go news free, discussion free, and yes that means I am going to bury my head in the sand. I am not sure for how long, right now I am thinking for at least the next thirty days I am going to be not watching, reading or following any kind of current worldly affairs but devote my time and energy to reading the Bible, seeking the Lord, and caring for others around me as God gives leading.I just really want to pour my energy into the things of His Kingdom! I will continue to pray for others as the Lord gives me leading such as the families and missionaries who just went to help out with the earth quakes. I will also pray for people who have need as posted, but I just really want to walk out what I say I believe so no talk or taking part in or of politics, tea parties, health care, wars, rumors of wars, getting flu vaccines/or not, who hates who republican/democrat ect ect. I know there are many who may not agree with me on this and that is ok. I don't ask that you agree with me, but I do ask that if you feel led to please pray for me, and if you see me give in to temptation and post under a topic on these subjects call me on it ok:-)

with care
rdg

One last thing, I am also going to avoid posting to some of the endless threads that seem to be nothing more then angry debates about doctrine. I am not saying other should not take part but for me I am just not seeing how these threads glorify God at all:-(

2009/10/2 13:08Profile
Leo_Grace

Re: I am going to bury my head in the sand

Dear rdg,

Quote:
I know there are many who may not agree with me on this and that is ok. I don't ask that you agree with me, but I do ask that if you feel led to please pray for me

We are not called to be like the Red Guard with everyone facing in the same direction and moving uniformly. God has a special plan for each one of us and while each may be different from the rest, they will all eventually weave nicely together in a divine tapestry that only God's wisdom can foresee.

I pray that you will be blessed in your walk with God.

Quote:
One last thing, I am also going to avoid posting to some of the endless threads that seem to be nothing more then angry debates about doctrine. I am not saying other should not take part but for me I am just not seeing how these threads glorify God at all

My sentiments exactly :-)

2009/10/2 13:15Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I guess there are many who understand what you mean.

Do use the time to get closer to the Lord.

We all need to.

God bless.

2009/10/2 13:26Profile

Quote:
but devote my time and energy to reading the Bible, seeking the Lord, and caring for others around me as God gives leading

God Bless You dear Sister. I think your doing the right thing. If I may add another suggestion to your devotion. For these 30 days, pack up your computer and shove it away into the closet and keep it there for that duration. Your going to find yourself not missing it. And all that you thought were important in the world, will seem like nothing.

Whatever decision you make, may God richly bless you and that your mind will stay on Him. :-D

2009/10/2 13:43
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Great fasting sister. Remember, all fasting is to be done for a time/season. Do not forsake the assembly.

Blessings to you in the wilderness.

2009/10/2 13:49Profile

Please pray for us all here. There are all kinds of distractions that pull us away from the things God would have us do. Blessings to you!!!!

2009/10/2 14:02

Quote:

rainydaygirl wrote:
Hey
I wanted to share something that I felt convicted about. I have shared on a few threads that I do not believe a christian is to be involved with worldly affairs of government and so forth(my personal belief for me) but I have found myself getting caught up in some of the topics here as well in my day to day living on these very things with some family/friends. SO after much prayer I am going to go news free, discussion free, and yes that means I am going to bury my head in the sand. I am not sure for how long, right now I am thinking for at least the next thirty days I am going to be not watching, reading or following any kind of current worldly affairs but devote my time and energy to reading the Bible, seeking the Lord, and caring for others around me as God gives leading.I just really want to pour my energy into the things of His Kingdom! I will continue to pray for others as the Lord gives me leading such as the families and missionaries who just went to help out with the earth quakes. I will also pray for people who have need as posted, but I just really want to walk out what I say I believe so no talk or taking part in or of politics, tea parties, health care, wars, rumors of wars, getting flu vaccines/or not, who hates who republican/democrat ect ect. I know there are many who may not agree with me on this and that is ok. I don't ask that you agree with me, but I do ask that if you feel led to please pray for me, and if you see me give in to temptation and post under a topic on these subjects call me on it ok:-)

with care
rdg

Beautiful post Sis!!! Amen.

2009/10/2 14:10
IWantAnguish

Ostrich time gogo!

:D

Thoughts and prayers go out to you sister.

2009/10/2 14:35Profile

Re:

Everybody needs a break from this stuff from time to time.

Enjoy your time of rest and refreshment in the Lord!

2009/10/2 14:38
ginnyrose

Mississippi

God bless you rdg. I understand your sentiments.

Quote:
One last thing, I am also going to avoid posting to some of the endless threads that seem to be nothing more then angry debates about doctrine. I am not saying other should not take part but for me I am just not seeing how these threads glorify God at all

Same here. I do not find hair splitting edifying....but some males seem to thrive on it, much like football! :-(

ginnyrose

2009/10/2 15:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy