SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Samson Effect

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tincture

The Samson Effect

The Samson Effect

Lethal levels of anesthetic propofol killed Michael Jackson!
“His Doctor had been giving Jackson 50 milligrams of propofol every night using an intravenous line, But Murray told detectives that he feared Jackson was forming an addiction and began trying to wean the pop star off the drugs. He lowered the dosage to 25 milligrams and mixed it with two other sedatives, lorazepam and midazolam. On June 23, two days before Jackson's death, he administered those two medications and withheld the propofol.
On the morning Jackson died, Murray tried to induce sleep without using propofol, according to the affidavit. He said he gave Jackson valium at 1:30 a.m. When that didn't work, he said, he injected lorazepam intravenously at 2 a.m. At 3 a.m., when Jackson was still awake, Murray administered midazolam.
Over the next few hours, Murray said he gave Jackson various drugs. Then at 10:40 a.m., Murray administered 25 milligrams of propofol after Jackson repeatedly demanded the drug, according to the court records.”
This is the stuff they use to put you to sleep to operate on you.
Did you ever wonder how Samson could continue to consort with Deliliah even after so many warnings of betrayal and certain destruction? (Judges 16)
For years I wondered about this and was even blinded by self-righteousness thinking falsely that I would have been smart enough to not fall to the wiles of Delilah. How stupid can you get?
While listening to one of the watchman’s messages I saw my own complicity as my head rested in the lap of Deliliah unaware as her “drug” dripped into my veins putting me into a deep deep sleep.
If you look closely at the story you might see how you too are sleeping in the lap of the enemy with her “propofol” dripping into your veins.
Remember, these stories were written for our admonition upon whom the end of the world has come.
“Then Samson went to Gaza,”
(a city remarkable for its early importance as the chief centre of a great commercial traffic with Egypt and in the book of Acts it is referred to as “the desert road”.)

What an interesting parallel to our times of great commercial trafficking. A time when we are rich and increased with goods but the Lord says we are naked and wretched and miserable and poor and walking on a desert road.
“and Samson saw a prostitue, a harlot, a whore…………and went in unto her!!!”
This world and all it has to offer is a whore in God’s eyes and his children in this hour have followed in Samson’s footsteps. It is not hard to understand, now, how Samson was captured because when you look at the world, “why it’s not all bad…there is actually some good there and I am only spending time with the good”……..Even when God says, “touch it not, the unclean thing….and I will receive you.” (II cor 6:17)
The unclean thing is the flesh and all that is of the flesh. The lust of the eye, The lust of the flesh and the Pride of life. These things that have nothing to do with the Father and they serve to only isolate you from Him.
The picture that comes to my mind is the opium dens that the Chinese would go into to be anesthetized from their sufferings in this world.
Now Samson is so addicted, that even though he still has his strength in the Lord, as time passes he falls in love with Delilah a woman in the Valley of Sorek.
It’s too late for Samson because now he is in love.!!! “LOVE NOT THE WORLD.” This is why he cannot wake up. His love has been misplaced and this is the danger the church is in.
Sorek means a torrent- bed. Now he is way over his head and does not realize he has graduated from opium to Heroin with a needle that never left his arm.
Satan has his needle in the arms of God’s children and it all happened through the disobedience to His warnings he has set forth in His word.
Have I got your attention yet? Are you beginning to wake up to the danger you are in?
“The Philistine tyrants approach Delilah and say to her, “entice and seduce him.””
My imagination can conjure up the minions of Satan devising plans and ways to entice and seduce the children of God. American Idol, So you think you can dance, Dancing with the stars, Lost, Seven, and if that doesn’t work then Desperate Housewives, Big Brother, Survivor, The Kardashians and if that doesn’t work, rag mags and movies. There is a designer drug for every individual.
God was merciful to Samson and sent him warnings but they went unheeded until one day he was cast into great tribulation and it was in great tribulation that he began to gain his strength with God back. It was in great tribulation where he learned his love for the world was a betrayal. Samson was saved, but “yet so as by fire”.
Who wants to wait until you are in great tribulation to cry out to God or to fall in love with Him?
I saw this all this while listening To the Watchman. I saw how the enemy was working the Samson Effect into my life. I saw enough to be able to pull the needle from my arm and turn back to my FIRST LOVE quickly.

2009/10/1 20:31Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: The Samson Effect

The Samson Effect.

There's a lot of it around.

God bless.

2009/10/2 2:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy