SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Imputed Righteousness "of Christ"??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi, when I see the blood I will passover you is the perfect picture;as it is meant to be...the death angel never looked inside to see if there were egyptian firstborn in the house where the blood was applied.when the Father sees the blood applied which our advocate will surely point out then He will passover our sinful yet beieving condition.jimp

2009/10/6 13:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
sinful yet beieving

If our faith does not change our moral character, how is our faith any better or different than the faith of devils?

The Bible talks about being sanctified by faith, about a faith that overcomes the world, about a faith that purifies the heart. Have you that life changing faith?

If our faith is not life changing faith, our faith is not saving faith.

2009/10/6 15:05
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
If our faith does not change our moral character, how is our faith any better or different than the faith of devils?

Because the devils want nothing to do with Christ and His righteousness. They see no need to be saved.

The Pharisees believed in God, yet Christ was quick to tell them, "you are of your father the devil" because they wanted nothing to do with Christ. Instead they wanted their own self-righteous ways to somehow be the reason God accepted them(even though they were breaking the Law by seeking to murder Christ).

Quote:
The Bible talks about being sanctified by faith, about a faith that overcomes the world, about a faith that purifies the heart. Have you that life changing faith?

Sanctified mean "set apart", and we are set apart once we are placed in Christ.

Our faith does overcome the world and its ways, we don't live like the world any longer(e.g. self justification and denial of God's Christ).

And yes my heart has been purified by the same faith that was part of the new birth.

Quote:
If our faith is not life changing faith, our faith is not saving faith.

Yes and no. because you are adding onto faith things that are not added in Scripture.

Complete obedience is not faith, nor is it the proof of faith. There are many people who can keep the Law and are not saved. So their life is "changed", but they are lost because they rest in their "goodness".

Faith is as valid as what it is put in. So if I have faith that Christ died for me, then it is true faith. That's it, true faith repents of its ability to do what God commands and rests in what Christ has done.

Wheat and tares grow together and they will all be separated in the end of the age.

2009/10/6 15:49Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, so what you are saying here is 'thank God i am not like this sinner here i have life changing faith and he is saying have mercy upon me Lord for i am a sinner'...does this sound like something you might have read.. if you can boast it is not of God. jimp

2009/10/6 15:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy