SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Imputed Righteousness "of Christ"??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

roaringlamb wrote:
So let's get back to the text you seem to be avoiding-

"He made Him sin who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" 2 Corinthians 5:21

Sin was imputed to Christ without Him being sinful, AND we are made righteous without really being righteous.

And if you want, I can copy/paste a bunch of others who come from a non-Pelagian Governmental view, but that doesn't change what is being said in that passage.

truefaithsav,

You have heard it from roaringlamb, now take it from a baa-ing lion:

We are not saved by faith, but by having the correct definition of faith. The Lord imputes righteousness to us, not as a legal abstraction, but in the form of Correct Dogma. Theology saves. That is why these tedious, arid, barren theological polemics are necessary for your salvation. You will perish eternally if your definition of "imputed righteousness" is incorrect.

2009/10/1 19:28

Re:

1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

2009/10/1 19:33

Re:

Quote:

Jesus-is-GOD wrote:

1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever holdeth correct opinions about him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

2009/10/1 19:45

Re:

It's Scripturally Impossible to seperate 'The Truth' from Him Who is Love. He is Both.

Back to topic - if we could ever get the personal and other nonsense out of these threads.

2009/10/1 19:51
Logic

Re:

Quote:
roaringlamb wrote:
Quote:
this is where we need the Greek.

Funny I used that exact thing on the other thread and got asked if I read the Bible in reality :-)

No, I asked if your ever interpret the Bible accourding to reality.
One must keep their interpretation in line with reality.
You shouldn't have a theology which doesn't make any sense.

2009/10/1 22:45Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

LoinGirder wrote:

Quote:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever holdeth correct opinions about him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Your spirit is not of God. Do you not fear the Lord?

2009/10/1 22:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
A believer breaks the Law EVERY day, as NO ONE loves God above everything else and loves their neighbor as themselves.

You are saying that everyone is an idolater? Everyone loves something more than God? That would mean that everyone is going to hell according to 1 Cor. 6:9-10. This passage was written to a Church of believers by the way.

The Bible doesn't say that we break the law of God every day. It says, "we keep his commandments" (1 John 3:22)

It says that the test of whether you know God or not is whether you keep His commandments or not (1 John 2:3-4).

Either you serve sin or you serve God. If you serve sin (sin every day) you are not born again and you are not saved. We are saved from servitude towards sin and have become servants of righteousness, we are servants of God.

Of course our obedience cannot save us. We are saved by grace and mercy. But our disobedience can damn us. Jesus is the offer of eternal salvation to all them that obey Him (Heb. 5:9).

Those who have been born again have new hearts. A new heart is an obedient heart. If a person sins, it is because they have a disobedient heart. And if they have a disobedient heart it is because they do not have a new heart. The "new man" is one who loves and obeys God. The "old man" is one who loves and obeys sin. You cannot be both an old man and a new man, you cannot serve two masters, you cannot obey sin and follow Jesus.

2009/10/1 23:04
ceedub

Canada

Re:

What about self-righteousness and spiritual pride, do they count as daily sins? How about poor doctrine? And what about lording so-called truths over others online in a fashion that I guarantee you wouldn't try in person?

Do these count as sins that those that are truly saved never do?

I'm just thinking about the Pharisees and how they held a high outward standard, spoke much of their righteousness, spoke often against others for not meeting their standard. How they would try and intimidate others and put burdens on them they themselves wouldn't carry. How they talked much of God and righteousness buy denied Christ's righteousness loving their own much more.

Do these sins count?

I mean, when I look at how Jesus dealt with the humble who hated their ways (proof of new cov't experience at the end of Ez 36) compared to how he dealt with the spiritually proud, I'm just wondering if these sins count.

Wait, I know the answer. You need not reply.

2009/10/1 23:28Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
you are not born again and you are not saved

Ok, I'm not saved or born again because i am humble enough to admit that I sin.

Please tell me how to be saved, what is the Good News that I am to believe! oh wait your Good Advice is that Christ only loves those who are perfectly obedient, and IF I am perfectly obedient, then I can be saved.

If I have misrepresented your view let me know.

2009/10/1 23:52Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Re: Reply Quote: twayneb wrote: So this brings up a question in my mind. If imputed righteousness is synonymous with forgiveness of past sins, what happens if I sin after righteousness is imputed unto me? I am not saying God does not see nor recognize that we have sinned. His knowledge is not my problem, it is His reaction that is the issue. Do I have to be forgiven for each individual sin after it is committed to be considered righteous? Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. 1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Continuous action again.

So again, if I fail to do the good I know to do, what then? My question comes from the realization that if imputed righteousness means only that my past sins are forgiven, but I must receive new forgiveness for every future sin, what if I forget one??? What part of me was made righteous? My body? My mind? My emotions? Or, is it my spirit that is perfected forever (Hebrews 10-:14). (By the way, I am not implying that a saved person cannot lose their salvation). I am only saying that imputed righteousness is way more powerful than just dealing with past sins. I don't lose my righteousness standing in God's eyes each time I miss the mark. If I did, I could never have any hope of salvation. What if I forgot to confess a sin???

2009/10/1 23:56Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy