SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bush clear leader in poll; 13-point lead

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Bush clear leader in poll; 13-point lead

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

WASHINGTON — President Bush has surged to a 13-point lead over Sen. John Kerry among likely voters, a new Gallup Poll shows. The 55%-42% match-up is the first statistically significant edge either candidate has held this year.

Among registered voters, Bush is ahead 52%-44%.

The boost Bush received from the Republican convention has increased rather than dissipated, reshaping a race that for months has been nearly tied. Kerry is facing warnings from Democrats that his campaign is seriously off-track.

With 46 days until the election, analysts say the proposed presidential debates offer Kerry his best chance to change the race.

"It doesn't look like the new consultants and strategies of attacks are the right ones" for Kerry, says Matthew Dowd, chief strategist for the Bush campaign. Kerry in recent weeks added veterans of the Clinton White House to his team and began criticizing Bush more sharply on Iraq and other issues.

Dowd says Kerry at this point would "have to defy history" to defeat a sitting president.

2004/9/17 23:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Bush clear leader in poll; 13-point lead

Quote:
Dowd says Kerry at this point would "have to defy history" to defeat a sitting president.

I really feel spiritually this man George Bush will help slow decay morally than John Kerry, this will not solve any of the problems of america people still need to pray earnestly for revival and for their lives to be salt in the earth once again. But I do think that George Bush is a good Christian witness to this nation and I pray he is burdened with a more zealous sharing of Christ publically. American Christians are obligated to pray for this man, imagine all the prayers that are given FOR him!

I encourage everyone to watch the first 15-20 minutes of this video at least:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4224]The Power of Prayer (video) by Keith Daniel[/url] - [b]Description:[/b] This is a powerful video preached at brother Bill Gothard's church. This is part of Keith Daniel's 13th visit to America and he gives a solemn warning to the Church of Jesus Christ we must pray before its too late. There is a digression in the sermon on the topic of music but its application finds itself in that the church should not use wordly methods to win the world it will not work! The main thrust of the sermon is preached from ephesians 6 and the emphasis is that the church needs to get into warfare on their knees.

2004/9/17 23:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy