SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Manitoba legalizes same-sex marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Manitoba legalizes same-sex marriage

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Manitoba has become the fifth jurisdiction in Canada to legalize same-sex marriage.

Court of Queen's Bench Justice Douglas Yard ruled Thursday morning that the current definition of marriage in provincial law is unconstitutional.

"The traditional definition of marriage in Manitoba is reformulated to mean a voluntary union for life of two persons at the exclusion of all others," Justice Yard said in his decision.

Gay rights groups say they expect the first same-sex wedding to be performed in the province by the end of the week.

The case was brought forward by three same-sex couples who argued for the right to marry.

2004/9/17 14:19Profile
PastorEdP

Clinch Mountain, Virginia

Re: Manitoba legalizes same-sex marriage

It is also considered a hate crime in parts of Canada to speak out against homosexuality by quoting Scripture.

I pray we can do something about the mess in America before it goes much further. But, I think, there is very little WE CAN do except to pray and trust God. After all, He IS in control. His will be done.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus. Come quickly.

2004/9/17 15:48Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Yes god is in control and every now and then he will raise up a warrior to lead in his battle. thank you oh Lord God for your mercy and grace, that you sit on your throne and are Lord of heaven and of earth. thank you that you hear our cry and while we yet speak you are answering our prayer god of heaven and of Earth your will be done in JESUS name; name above all names

2004/9/17 16:47Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It is also considered a hate crime in parts of Canada to speak out against homosexuality by quoting Scripture.

Yes this is quite sad! I am in Toronto, Canada, and I haven't really street preached or handed out tracts in a long time but I sense the need of this type of ministry. But it would be shutdown quite quickly by authorties using these new laws. Yes, indeed we need to pray.

2004/9/17 22:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy