SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Prophets and Scribes - Tozer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Prophets and Scribes - Tozer

This has challenged me, I hope it will challenge you...

Hearts that are “fit to break” with love for the Godhead are those who have been in the Presence and have looked with opened eye upon the majesty of Deity. Men of the breaking hearts had a quality about them not known to or understood by common men. They habitually spoke with spiritual authority. They had been in the Presence of God and they reported what they saw there. They were prophets, not scribes: for the scribe tells us what he has read, and the prophet tells us what he has seen.
The distinction is not an imaginary one. Between the scribe who has read and the prophet who has seen, there is a difference as wide as the sea. We are today overrun with orthodox scribes; but the prophets, where are they? The hard voice of the scribe sounds over evangelicalism, but the Church waits for the tender voice of the saint who has penetrated the veil and has gazed with inward eye upon the Wonder that is God.

-from [i]The Pursuit of God[/i] by A.W. Tozer

2009/9/27 17:40Profile

Re: Prophets and Scribes - Tozer

Yes amen. A brother who has been down trodden in our city is one of those men, my prayer is that he stand up once again and declare what he has seen. Thank you Light for sharing that.

2009/9/27 17:57
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Prophets and Scribes - Tozer

Amen. I believe in Jeremiah 23, the prophet Jeremiah talks about hearing and "seeing" the word of the Lord.

2009/9/27 22:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy