SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : prayer for my pastors church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

prayer for my pastors church

My pastor at the first baptist church in willow springs in illinois died monday at the age of 90 or 91. The wake is tommorow and the funeral is friday. He was a true man of God who was not saved till the age of 40, went to clear creek baptist bible college. He pastored at our church for 40 years and he was such ablessing. He was so humble and loving and was always their for me. If you went into the church you probably couldn't even tell he was the pastor because he was so humble and such a true man of God. I saw christ when i was around him. I just can't believe he is gone. Please pray for a pastor for the church and to pray that the church stays strong.

2009/9/24 2:35
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: prayer for my pastors church

Am praying.

God bless

2009/9/24 4:25Profile

Re:

This was the church i got baptized in and was married in. It was my first church. The funeral was today and it was really beautiful. They brought the piano from our church into the funeral home and they played gospel songs like amazing grace, how great thou art, and the one that got me crying was old time preacher. Then finally they had everyone stand up and sing the song that we sing at the beginning f church every sunday called i'll fly away. Here is the lyrics

I'll Fly Away
Words and Music by Alfred E. Brumley
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and
the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together
with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall
we ever be with the Lord."

Some glad morning when this life is o'er, I'll fly away;
To a home on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

Chorus
I'll fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).
When the shadows of this life have gone, I'll fly away;
Like a bird from prison bars has flown, I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

Chorus
I'll fly away, Oh Glory
Just a few more weary days and then, I'll fly away;
To a land where joy shall never end, I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

Chorus
I'll fly away, Oh Glory

It was beautiful and everyone sang it real loud. This man my pastor fred aten touched many many lives. One of the pastors who was their spoke about when pastor spoke sometime last year at a conference and everybody came up to him and asked who my pastor was and they said that they wanted to be like that old man who walked so sweet with jesus, meaning how humble and loving and gentle his spirit was. The pastor after saying that began to weep. Pastor fred aten showed to me and others what complete surrender to God was like and to be given over completely to christ. It hurts so much right now to lose him just thinking about the times spoke to him personally and cried and prayed with him. His entrance in heaven must of been a joyous one for all heaven. He pastored our church 41 years. I just wish i could have been their more often to be around him.

2009/9/26 3:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy