SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : King Nebuchadnezzar a "type" of Antichrist - to come!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

King Nebuchadnezzar a "type" of Antichrist - to come!

Brethren let me open todays discussion by saying I am not a big believer in "types" and "shadows" (per-say) and MAINLY because Some are SO "given" to this thing THAT almost everything in scripture becomes a shadow or type (to them)! In other words they see a "type" in almost every passage they come across in there daily devotional studies!! And some can't seem to spin out of it - or break the trend ( as it were )

In a sense: It is a bit of a veritable merry-go-round like a dog that spins round and round chasing it's tail - Or akin to the proverbial heresy-hunter and/or "witchhunts" for error! As the person of (which i now speak) simply cant enjoy the preaching of the word. And why? Because the preacher made an error at some point during his message! and accordingly they stumble and get upset and even mad! And FROM THAT POINT ONWARDS They simply cant remember anything else the preacher had to say. Because of the one or two supossed alleged errors. And likewise when reading someone's book if the author gives out stated opinions about something or speaks in just generalities (the gainsayers) cant get past the fact his opinion didn't line up with the word - and so likewise they cant enjoy anything else about the book. (it's called stumbling) I once fellowshipped with a man who upon disagreement with the authors comments over bible translation -became increasingly agitated and uncomfortable as the night went on ... so much so ... his spirit was greatly troubled and soured! And the visage of his countenance changed ... becoming disrespectful and hostile accordingly. Needless to say the ensuing conversation ended abruptly and that was the end of the nights communion. (How sad)

But people get off onto hobby horses and get sidetracked! and get all bogged down on what are (incidentals) - and side issues.

But these things are simply not worth breaking fellowship over - and dissembling over (as was the case in the afore mentioned incident above)

Dissembling with dissimulation is not permitted by scripture and in scripture according to the book of Galations ...Dont make doctrine a divisive thing or use doctrine to make war with each other ....take the real fight to where it belongs and where it really IS? ... in the heavenly places! For we wrestle NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD!!! And as SOMEONE SO APTLY WORDED IT -- "We seem to be the only army that turns it guns (on each other) " No other army does this - to each other !!!!!!

But just coming back to this thing of "over-spiritualizing" and getting "spiritually spookie"

Who cares why David selected 5 stones to slay Goliath?? People can search for some hidden deeper spiritual meaning in these things all day long and all they want. Or speculate that goliath might have had (4) brothers to slay. And we can do this with tumultous debate until we are "blue in the face" and totally spent! ( but where does it get you )? how does it edify ? how does it seek to excell to the edifying of the body? people ask how did philip know that the ethopian on the chariot was reading from the book of Isaiah?? But Is that really the lesson?? or is the lesson one of implicit obedience to the voice and command of the angel?? And like Philip we are to "be" vessels at God's immediate disposal! And when we join ourselves to the chariot then he will occassion ourselves (to find out) why! And that the purpose was an opportunity to witness for Christ! I tend to think it's the latter myself! ( I really do )

But types and shadows can go on forever in a day: And so can "over spiritualizing" that which is meant to be solely "literal" in God's word.

JUST FOR INSTANCE AND FOR EXAMPLE:

~~ Joseph is a type of Christ
~~ Davids 5 stones equates to something mystical
~~ The red sea crossing represents coming out of the world (eygpt) and the dry land equated to the promised inheritance of salvation - in Christ
~~ Noahs ark has had a trillion and one types...
~~ As has the outer court, the inner court, and the most holy place.
~~ Aaron's priestly clothing items (the holy garments) represent something in shadows & types
~~ And lest we forget the vail being rent from top to bottom which has had a myriad and one different interpetations placed upon it...

So am i against these things?? I trough not! Of course not! Neither is that which was just said -said in criticism (per say) but just for us to be careful of excessive "typing" and "shadowing" And rabbit chasing and the like! And if you think i am wrong or out of place for addressing this! or perhaps you think it's storm in a tea cup! then consider paul's words in 1 timothy 6:20-21 Avoiding oppositions of science falsely dubbed - and so-called! And this from 1 tim 1:4-6 "not giving heed to fables and ENDLESS GENEALOGIES ...WHICH MINISTER QUESTIONS... AND NOT EDIFICATION. For if we swerve too far the one way, or the other! we are prone to err and to be given over to vain jangling. (one to avoid)

One particular ministry which originated from the USA and distributed many books (for free) was almost totally given to this thing of making everything in scripture into a type and shadow, that in the end, it became superflous.

Other hobby horses have seen people go from so promoting and advocating (divine healing) in the atonement to the point that all medical help and assistance is scorned and frowned upon! And the people who go that route are people percieved as weak in faith. And they are accordingly reproached for being weak. (That is for turning to the physicians for help)

And finally just touching on this thing of "over spiritualizing" everything - the other hazard we face and meet head on - is this: We may spiritualize that which is meant to be "literal" and hence...scripture loses its potentcy and effectuality. As it were.

Jesus warned against camel swallowing to the point we "pick-the-eyes" out of everything we happen across and place our energies and focus in all the wrong areas!!

WHAT IS THE OLD SAYING?? ISN'T IT MAJORING ON MINORS AND MINORING ON MAJORS ... NOW THAT'S CAMEL SWALLOWING - AND VAIN JANGLING. (no)? And did not Jesus say the scribes and pharisees were guilty of omitting the weightier matters of the law?? These ought you to have done, but not leave the other undone!

But i said all that: by the way: As Now we come to that which "heads up" our artricle! and that is king nebuchednezzar as being a type of Antichrist to come! As allegories when they are not "over-cooked" can certainly be a very powerful tool of communicating biblical truth (NO)? Why look at paul's allegories regarding abraham and sarah in both Galations and the book of Romans ( powerful stuff ) Indeed They are a great learning enviroment when used skillfully and not over-baked. Again i say these things not in criticism but that we might exercise them moderately in the right proportion...

And so today we seek to leverage from the book of Daniel some parallels and types which will clearly and plainly show the link between modern times and that which occured thousands of years ago in ancient Babylon. And I trust what you are about to read will resonate with your spirit and bear witness to the truth of God - and of the end times to come ...

Parallel no 1.

( NEBUCHADNEZZAR SETS UP AND DEDICATES A GOLDEN IMAGE TO THE PEOPLE )

And commands: That the people of all nations, and languages under his power and authority "fall down" and "worship" his golden image.

Now look at the comparitive and co-relation in modern times and mystery babylon - to come

( THE FALSE PROPHET OF REVELATION SETS UP AN IMAGE TO THE BEAST ) Rev 13:14

Saying to them that dwell upon the earth, that they should make an IMAGE - to the beast! And he had power to give life to the image of the beast.

PARALLEL NO 2.

( NEBUCHADNEZZAR ISSUES A COMMAND REGARDING THEM WHO DO "NOT" FALL DOWN AND WORSHIP HIS IMAGE)

This is the consequence that follows the edict...

And whoso falleth not down and worships shall the same hour be cast into a burning fiery furnace.

Now watch very closely the co-relation between this and the prophecies of the book of revelation:

THE SCRIPTURAL RESEMBLANCE IS UNCANNY!!

And he caused that as many as would NOT worship the image to the beast - to be killed.

No mercy - no exceptions - no questions asked!

And i saw the souls of them that were (beheaded) for the witness of Jesus - and for the Word of God, and which had "NOT" worshipped the beast, NEITHER his IMAGE.

PARALLEL NO 3.

( KING NEBUCHADNEZZAR'S RISE TO POWER )

This king OF OLDEN TIME rose to be a man of great stature and great prominence upon the earth so much so - that there was no king QUITE like him!

Listen to Daniel: and these intriguing words which he spake on this wise of One king nebuchadnezzar: " Thou, o king, art a king of kings: For the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, and power, and strength, and glory "
and he hath made thee ruler (over them all) which dwell upon the earth.

And again: It is thou o king, that art grown and become strong: for thy GREATNESS is grown and reacheth unto heaven, and thy dominion to the ends of the earth.

And listen to this passage: O thou king, the most high God gave nebuchadnezzar your father a kingdom, and majesty, glory and honour: And for the majesty that he gave him, ALL PEOPLE, NATIONS, AND LANGUAGES TREMBLED AND FEARED BEFORE HIM:

LISTEN TO THE KINGS OWN WORDS REGARDING HIS EMPIRE AND OF THE KINGDOM OF BABYLON IN WHICH HE RULED: " Nebuchadnezzar the king unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth Dan 4:1 Twelve months later after that he walks into the palace of the kingdom of babylon and says " is not this great babylon that i have built for the house of the kingdom - by the might of my power? and for the honour of my majesty?

Now change gears with me and lets cross over to the book of revelataion and there we find a similiar scenario just as we read in the book of Daniel.

And all the world wondered after the beast:

And power was given him over ALL kindreds, and tongues, and nations (Rev 13:7)

And all that dwell upon the earth shall WORSHIP HIM (REV 13:8)

lOOK AT THIS FROM REVELATION CHAPTER 17:17 For God has put it into there hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give there KINGDOM to - the beast !!!

Now Go with me if you still with us back to the book of daniel and chapter seven and verse 23-24 and it reads: The fourth beast shall be the 4th kingdom in the earth ... which shall be diverse from all other kingdoms (gone before it) and shall devour (ALL) the earth!

Now look at this incredible resemblance from paul @ thessalonica 2Thess 2:4

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above ALL that is called God ( if you are a church, a synagogue, a known place of worship, a religious affiliated group, an ecclessiastical order, a world religion, a denomination, and/or independant, or simply "called God" ) then you will be opposed by the man-of-sin who will exalt his worship above YOURS, and everything that is worshipped: So that he as god - sits in the temple of God - shewing himself to the world - that he is God !!! Now This is that strong delusion and lie that the world will embrace for failing to recieve the love of the truth -- so instead a lie will be sent to them - Of God.

PARALLEL NO 4.

( Daniel AND HIS 3 FRIENDS REFUSE TO BOW DOWN )

AND NEBUCHADNEZZAR SPAKE ON THIS WISE: Saying: Is it true? tell me, is it true O Shadrech, Meshach and Abed-nego, that ye do NOT serve my gods, nor worship the image??

THE RESPONSE FROM THE 3 HEBREW BOYS HOWEVER: IS ONE OF UNYIELDING AND UNCOMPROMISING (and you have just gotta love there response and retort)- MAN I DO " We are not careful to answer thee in this matter " O King (full stop/period) (end-of-story)

" If it be so - our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, but if not, be it known unto thee o king, that we will not serve your gods nor the image which you have built AND SET-UP ...we simply refuse to bow down to you and your image (idol).

( A SEA OF GLASS MINGLED WITH FIRE... )

And i saw: Them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his mark and over the number of his name.

For God has not appointed us unto wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ (1 thess 5:9)

" And to the woman was given (2) great wings of an eagle that she might fly into the wilderness, INTO HER PLACE, FOR A TIME, AND A TIMES , AND A HALF A TIME , from the face of the SERPENT. WHERE SHE IS BOTH NURTURED AND NOURISHED!

Revelation 12:14

Again let me underscore and hightlight to all and sundry within the sound of my voice and my keyboard - i am not attacking types and shadows because when used sparingly and in proportion they are most effectual... (Indeed)

Amen and Amen

Thank you for enduring the posting

Brethren: May Grace and peace be multiplied in manifold measure ... pressed down, shaken together, and running over!!!! ( Selah )

S.O.T

:-? :-( :-o

2009/9/20 9:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy