SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Deceitful matters

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Deceitful matters

"For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against [i]them that are[/i] quiet in the land."

- Psalm 35:22(KJV)

[b]They devise deceitful matters - [/b]

literally, “they think of words of deceit.” That is, they set their hearts on misrepresentation, and they study such misrepresentations as occasions for strife with others. They falsely represent my character; they attribute conduct to me of which I am not guilty; they pervert my words; they state that to be true which never occurred, and thus they attempt to justify their own conduct. Almost all the quarrels in the world, whether pertaining to nations, to neighborhoods, to families, or to individuals, are based on some “misrepresentation” of facts, designed or undesigned, and could have been avoided if men had been willing to look at facts as they are, or perfectly understood each other.

[i]- taken from Albert Barnes' Notes on the Bible(e-sword version)[/i]

2009/9/19 15:47Profile

Re: Deceitful matters

Mat 7:2-5 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

2009/9/22 2:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy