SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ivan's Coming, 1.2 Million Warned to Leave New Orleans

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Ivan's Coming, 1.2 Million Warned to Leave New Orleans

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

NEW ORLEANS - More than 1.2 million people in metropolitan New Orleans were warned to get out as 140-mph Hurricane Ivan churned toward the Gulf Coast, threatening to submerge this below-sea-level city in what could be the most disastrous storm to hit in nearly 40 years.

Residents streamed inland in bumper-to-bumper traffic in an agonizingly slow exodus Tuesday amid dire warnings that Ivan could overwhelm New Orleans with up to 20 feet of filthy, chemical-polluted water. About three-quarters of a million more people along the coast in Florida, Mississippi and Alabama also were told to evacuate.

Forecasters said Ivan, blamed for at least 68 deaths in the Caribbean, could reach 160 mph and strengthen to Category 5, the highest level, by the time it blows ashore as early as Thursday somewhere along the Gulf Coast.

2004/9/15 10:02Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Ivan's Coming, 1.2 Million Warned to Leave New Orleans

It'a amazing to me that we take these things so lightly, not thinking at all that these natural phenomina are controlled by the hand of the Almighty. I was speaking about this with a friend earlier this week and he agreed with me and talked about the 'Calling of a Solemn Assembly.' This was a repentance called out to the nation by the President of the United states to seek the face of God over a natural disaster or large amounts, etc. But 9/11 has come and past and 3 monsterous hurricanes almost have and there is no alarm. No repentance, no worries. :cry:

Richard Owen Roberts touches on this beautifully in this video: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4163]Corporate Confession and Repentance (video) by Richard Owen Roberts[/url]

2004/9/15 10:06Profile
moreofHim

Re:

The people will go on sleeping. A 9/11 is simply a stirring in the night. Nothing short of invasion or persecution will wake the people up. Everyone prays that the hurricanes and disasters will subside and lessen- and many times they do- making people think that there is no judgement to be had- "hey we have God is the palm of our hands". He has a longsuffering and patience toward this backward people that I can never comprehend.

I want to see hearts turned toward the Lord no matter what it takes. Please Lord turn the hearts of your people to you no matter what the cost. Be glorified in the Earth and in North America.

In His love, Chanin

2004/9/15 10:18Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Greg posted;

Quote;
It's amazing to me that we take these things so lightly, not thinking at all that these natural phenomina are controlled by the hand of the Almighty.

OT

Jer.10
[13] When He uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; He maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of His treasures.

NT

Matt.8
[26] And He saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then He arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
[27] But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

There is weather ... THEN THERE IS WEATHER! ... Hard to get these scriptural points across to those who don't believe in God, or don't believe in God having a hand in such devastating weather .... and for a reason!

So, is it God, or global warming?

2004/9/15 10:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy