SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Revival

Just a thought up for discussion: Revival is not a mystical experience, rather, it's a way of life patterned after the life of the Lord and His apostles.

2009/9/13 15:12Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Revival

i think ou are right in a way, we could say revival is when one or several who should already be in the process of being patterned into the Lord but have stopped or slowed down the process gets back into the mold and awakes and let God have his way in our lives.

2009/9/13 15:22Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I've grown more and more concerned over the years that we have thought of revival too often as some sort of esoteric experience or spark. Biblically speaking, I'm not so sure we can make an argument for such.

2009/9/13 15:54Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
i think ou are right in a way, we could say revival is when one or several who should already be in the process of being patterned into the Lord but have stopped or slowed down the process gets back into the mold and awakes and let God have his way in our lives.

I agree. Revival is a work of the Holy spirit in response to prayer by believer(s) to reawaken and revitalize their lives in Christ. It normally leads to a deepening of one's faith, and sudden growth or expansion in spreading the gospel of God. It is a work that I believe must necessarily begin within the hearts of those praying for revival, expanding outward as those who have been revived obey the Holy Spirit.

2009/9/13 15:57Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Good thoughts.

2009/9/13 20:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy