SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Who are your favorite teachers and why?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
anonymity

Who are your favorite teachers and why?

I would like to hear who your favorite teachers are and why and maybe even a description of them if you want. I think it would be beneficial. There are many good teachers around today that I have not heard of I am sure and in history. There are even many teachers on this site, but I am sure that there are many I do not know of as well. And I guess this wouldn't be limited to those who mainly teach, but also missionaries, revivalists, ect. You can also double post a teacher if you are so inclined.

2009/9/5 2:55Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Who are your favorite teachers and why?

There are many for me, i cant mention all here, but i will list a few that has inspired me, encouraged me and convicted me throughout my sojourn.

Zac Poonen for one, I dont think I ever heard a sermon from him that in some way stirred me to seek the Lord somehow.

T.A Sparks, I think Sparks is one of the greatest gifts to the church in the last hundred years, I cant explain in words, you have to listen for yourselves.

Ravenhill, I think Ravenhill is the one that has inspired me the most to "live all out for God" so to speak.

Tozer for his radical and just plain truth preaching.

And Art Katz, for his preaching pierces through all that is false and fleshly and get right to the inner most thing, often realizing how little i have done or how little my any effort to live for Christ really is and leaves me with a sense that anything but the absolute surrendered life to the Lord is rubbish.

some others worth looking into are Keith Daniel, Paul Washer, Charles Leiter, Dean Taylor, Denny Kenaston , major Ian Thomas, Allan Redpath, Erlo Stegen, Wilkerson, Carter Conlon and Richard Wurmbrand

To name a few from the last century and still living

before that i could name a much longer list :-)

but one thing i have learned, is no amount of good teaching, however true it is, can substitute the Holy Spirits teaching, and even more important, nothing the Holy Spirit teaches you or shows you will be beneficial unless you live it in your daily life in obedience to God.

I find it is very easy for my flesh to substitute obedience for with the excuse "I listen to sound teaching, i have sound doctrine", those two are vital, but if not coupled with obedience they matter little.

2009/9/5 3:19Profile

Re:

To me, no one is worth to say they were my teacher other than Martin Luther.

2009/9/5 4:44
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Quote:
There are many for me, i cant mention all here, but i will list a few that has inspired me, encouraged me and convicted me throughout my sojourn. Zac Poonen for one, I dont think I ever heard a sermon from him that in some way stirred me to seek the Lord somehow. T.A Sparks, I think Sparks is one of the greatest gifts to the church in the last hundred years, I cant explain in words, you have to listen for yourselves. Ravenhill, I think Ravenhill is the one that has inspired me the most to "live all out for God" so to speak. Tozer for his radical and just plain truth preaching. And Art Katz, for his preaching pierces through all that is false and fleshly and get right to the inner most thing, often realizing how little i have done or how little my any effort to live for Christ really is and leaves me with a sense that anything but the absolute surrendered life to the Lord is rubbish. some others worth looking into are Keith Daniel, Paul Washer, Charles Leiter, Dean Taylor, Denny Kenaston , major Ian Thomas, Allan Redpath, Erlo Stegen, Wilkerson, Carter Conlon and Richard Wurmbrand

Hehehe HmmHmm you stole my thunder, I wanted to name these guys first, did you wire tap my brain? :D

2009/9/5 7:32Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

narrowpath wrote:

Hehehe HmmHmm you stole my thunder, I wanted to name these guys first, did you wire tap my brain? :D

hello :-) no i dont wiretap folks brains, but its probably we tap into the same source for spiritual food and he (the Holy Spirit)can use many different servants to minister to us, although i am most grateful for what these men have showed me, currently i am more concerned why God has not revealed things to me first hand, i needed to hear them by another man, it is true God uses men to minister and reveal his light to us, but i feel a pressing need to hear from God himself now days, not just fill my mind with ahs and ohs over how much other men heard from God. May God get me to the place of seeing and hearing through his spirit.

2009/9/7 2:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy