SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pandemic bill allows health authorities to enter homes, detain without warrant

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Pandemic bill allows health authorities to enter homes, detain without warrant

Swine Flu bill in MA passes the senate and now waiting on the house. Allows authorities to detain, isolate without warrant.

[url=http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=108604]WWW.WND.COM[/url]

2009/9/3 15:38
HeartSong

Re: Pandemic bill allows health authorities to enter homes, detain without warrant

Oh my, only our Lord will be able to protect us from such things. It is interesting that the thing that we elected to protect us is the very thing that is trying to do us in. We, the people, are getting that which we have chosen. We must pray for mercy, for this nation has sinned greatly against a great and mighty God.

2009/9/3 16:36Profile
Laviver

Re:

Is wnd.com reliable? I have read their stories from time to time. They almost have a tabloid feel to them, and seem as if they are designed to incite some sort of high emotion (fear, anger, etc). I like the fact they report news a lot of agencies don't touch, but not sure if I like their hyper-slant on said news.

2009/9/3 20:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
Is wnd.com reliable? I have read their stories from time to time. They almost have a tabloid feel to them, and seem as if they are designed to incite some sort of high emotion (fear, anger, etc). I like the fact they report news a lot of agencies don't touch, but not sure if I like their hyper-slant on said news.

That is why I don't read their articles, their information is not entirely correct. You said it right though, it does have a Tabloid feel about it. The best thing to do is to go to your government site and look into the bill itself to see if what World Net Daily is saying is true.

2009/9/3 21:42
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I found this article a few minutes ago.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO123558/
It confirms the article at WorldNetDaily.

My opinion about the feds ability to "authorize forcible entry into private homes, and impose fines or prison sentences on anyone not complying with isolation or quarantine orders" does disturb me. On the other hand there are folks who care nothing about other people's health and will go out into the public spreading contagious diseases knowing there are sick. When one considers OT law about isolating people with contagious diseases one should be able to look on this legislation with a forgiving attitude.

The governments' concern for the public health should be appreciated, even if they have made errors. Back in the early 1950s there was an epidemic of polio. Many were stricken, including my brother/sister-in-law (today the BIL suffers from post polio syndrome). We school children were bused to a central location and were vaccinated and that was with a live virus! But the epidemic was stopped. And when my children were born it did not take me any kind of persuasion to get them immunized. (Of course, by then they were given the vaccine on a sugar cube! Not Fair!;-))

My opinion..

ginnyrose

2009/9/5 7:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy