SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : prayer for hardened heart again

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

prayer for hardened heart again

I really do not know what is going on at all, my heart has become so hard, it seems the more i pray the harder it gets. I mean look at all the saints on here who have prayed with me but my heart is getting hard, i have tried to figure out what i am doing wrong and nothing really seems serious at all except that i am married to an unbeliever and stopped going to church on sundays. I still go to bible studies on fridays, home bible studies twice a week but when i go to church on sundays i usually feel worst and don't know why i bother, i can study and worship at home, which i don't worship and i only study. I stopped hanging out with my 24/7 christian friend because he is the real deal and i feel so uncomfortable around him because he is joyous and he asks me how is your walk with the lord today and all i can say is not good , i don't even know if the lord is with me at all. He asks me what i read in scripture but most of the time i read small amount of scripture. He reaads an epistle a day and just loves the lord so much. But i decided to stop hanging out with him because i was being fake around him and i knew it. My heart was hard around him to, so it wasn't that. I dids ask if he wasn't going to take me back then to just let me go and that is what he is doing, so maybe i am done with. I am desperate, if anybody gets a revelation from the holy spirit for me tell me please. If you know deliverance of evil spirits that would help too because i might have them. I know for sure i have a spirit of lust, a lying spirit, a spirit of unbelief and a spirit of depression.Please pray for me.

2009/9/3 3:14

Re: prayer for hardened heart again

Dear brother,

Your suffering is hard, I hear it in your posts. I share very much of the same suffering as you. Although we're not afflicted physically with outward torture like the martyr's, the inward affliction can sometimes be worst because it seems like it will never end. I pray for you brother. I wish the Lord would save you from your sufferings.

Jesus asked for his suffering to be removed but the Lord didn't remove it. My brother, maybe it's like the apostle Paul wrote, that this affliction you suffer works an eternal weight of glory. Like the Lord Jesus, when He died, his suffering was over and who can imagine the relief He felt? He entered into paradise.

You too, share in His sufferings. If the Lord doesn't take away your sufferings in this life, what if He'll take them away in the next? God will allow you to go through death possibly before ever finding relief (as did the Lord Jesus). Brother, have faith in Him. Just know that when you die, your relief has come. This is the greatest thing to ever believe! He loves you so much! He won't let you perish my dear friend. Believe this. The gospel is that Christ was punished for you. Believe this. God won't deceive you. He'll take care of your soul.

Though reason, people, the devil, even Scripture itself, say that your damned and there's no hope, or you must do such and such to find relief, don't believe them! Tell them, "You liars! Deceivers of my soul! I will hope in my God who caused His Son to be slain for me." Believe this with all your heart. When Scripture says that with the heart a man believes, it says that, not to show you how to believe but rather to show you the fight, that it must take all of your strength to hope beyond what you see around you. You must believe deep down within your soul that despite your sins in this world, the ones you did today and the ones you'll do tomorrow, Christ is punished for them.

2009/9/3 3:58
enid

Nottingham, England

Ephesians 6v16,"Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one."

The enemy doesn't have to do much other than to get us to doubt and mistrust what the word of God says.

And it works, which is why he uses it.

You speak of having several evil spirits. How do you know you have evil spirits? What makes you believe that?

You say prayer is getting harder. It was never meant to be easy. Prayer is work. However, we are not to pray according to our emotions, but trust in God and His word in spite of our emotions.

I don't always 'feel' like God has heard me, but I know He has. He said so.

James 4v8, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you, Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

If God says He will draw near to us, then He will.

He did not say we will feel, see or hear anything, but He is near.

Separating yourself from other believer isn't going to help either. It will only weaken you, and you know it.

In the book of Acts we see that the early church met on a regular basis. So don't neglect being with other believers.

You seem to be looking for an easy way out. Seem to be, I don't know.

But all this deliverance and evil spirits business seems a bit extreme. It can happen, but I don't think this is the case with you.

But, whatever you do, keep praying and reading the word. God knows.

God bless.

2009/9/3 4:46Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Was just wondering, how are things going?

2009/9/4 9:11Profile

Re:

I have been trying to seek God for mercy and i feel like i am having a battlefied in my mind trying to believe the gospel, i know i need his spirit and grace, i want to be saved. I listened to the sermon by charles leiter called supersticious faith, it hit my heart strongly but still i am not saved so i will seek again.

2009/9/5 20:41
HeartSong

Re:

Have you listened to this series of sermons by A.W. Tozer?

Attributes of God (Series 2): Introduction[i] by A.W. Tozer[/i]

2009/9/6 1:16Profile

Quote:
i am having a battlefied in my mind trying to believe the gospel,

Brother, I had a battle in my mind for over three decades. Don't quit yet!

2009/9/7 9:26

Re:

No i haven't listened the tozer sermons, our they good?
I have been quite desperate as of late when it comes to my salvation or lack there of so I decided to call Charles Leiter who is located in Missouri. It was a great privilege to talk to him. He is very humble and kind and understanding and he went through my testimony and broke it down right through the main parts and asked me specific questions. It was definitely good in helping me find out if i was saved or not. I think i am not after the talk not because he said i wasn't but going through scripture and putting my salvation experience and growth compared to real ones i would very much assume that i am not. It was just a blessing to talk to him and here from someone who knows scripture very much. I need to seek after christ. I finally understand the gospel so i need to cry out for mercy, if i am saved God will let me know.

2009/9/7 21:25

Re:

Why has salvation become so hard? I can understand finding a balance between it being easy and it being hard. We've made it so easy that almost every is saved it seems but on the same token, we've made it extremely difficult that it's almost impossible to know your saved unless your some super saint or something.

What ever happen to the thief of the cross? He simply asked the Lord to remember him and the Lord gave Him a word to believe. If the Lord let that wicked man into heaven, why wouldn't He let me or you? Yes there will be many that say Lord Lord but who told you that you'd be one of them? If you believe in Christ, why will you perish? For your sins that you haven't repented of? Oh, comon! If we can't gain heaven by our works, neither can we lose it by them.

I've tried with all my heart to be saved but it hasn't ever happened. The only thing I can do now is trust in the Lord with all my heart. All I can do is believe that I'll be saved like the thief on the cross. If I don't figure it out before I come to die, my only hope will be a death bed salvation. At least I can be saved on my death bed, if not in this life. At least the thief on the cross was. Anyone that wants to take that passage away from providing comfort or salvation to anyone, you should go tie a rock around your ankles and jump into the sea.

2009/9/8 4:15

Re:

Seriously, explain to my why the thief on the cross is going is saved but you aren't? EXPLAIN THAT PLEASE, I BEG YOU!

Honestly, do you think JEsus said, "Today you'll be with me in paradise" ONLY to the thief on the cross? That word is for you man! Tell me why you won't believe it? TEll me what you think that word is for? Just that poor old sinner hanging on the cross? Just to let you hear a nice story that has no relation to you? God would let you drown in death and then into hell even though you have the thief hanging their perishing? Comon

2009/9/8 4:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy