SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : "The Meal of Glory" ~Extreme Devotion

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

"The Meal of Glory" ~Extreme Devotion

Carpus was nailed to the stake, and as the flames took hold of him, he joyfully prayed, “Praise be to thee, O Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, that thou didst deem me, a sinner, also worthy to die a martyr as you did!” Then he gave up his soul to heaven.

As Carpus prayed, Agathonica saw the glory of God roll out before him. The heavens opened up to reveal the wedding feast of the Lamb of God, with sumptuous tables spread out before her and Jesus himself standing at its head. Her heart leapt, and she recognized a call from heaven.

She sprang to her feet and shouted, “This meal has also been prepared for me. I must receive the meal of glory.”

A cry came from the stands, “Have pity on your child, your son!”

“He has God to take care of him,” Agathonica responded, “for God is the provider for all. As for me, I will go and be with him.”

She jumped into the amphitheater, threw off her outer robe, and jubilantly allowed herself to be nailed to the stake.

Those standing by burst into tears. They cried, “This sentence is cruel and unjust!”

In the flames, she cried out, “Lord, Lord, Lord, help me, for I flee unto Thee!” Then she gave up her soul and joined her Lord. It was the year A.D. 165.

[i]Chain reaction. It’s that unexpected effect one life has on another—something inexplicable and unplanned. It began with Carpus, who showed the way of courage to Papylus, as both were tortured for their faith. Then an observer, inspired by the incredible results of their martyrdom, flung herself toward faith by willingly dying at the stake. Today, we see the chain reaction of faith in church revivals and on college campuses. We see it in villages, townships, and communities across several continents where one life spurs another, and yet another, onto greater commitment. How long has it been since you experienced a chain reaction of commitment in your church or community? Pray for revival to start with you—the most important link in the chain.[/i]

2009/8/25 20:19

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy