Discussion Forum : General Topics : labels

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
seekinggod

Fond du Lac, WI

Re:

Quote:
To me this putting off the old man really just equals total and complete abndonment to Christ and letting Him renew your mind/heart.

I agree.

An add to this: not one of us are perfect, so even our "best complete abandonment" falls short, thus without Christ I do not live.

2004/9/11 20:48Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Quote:
without Christ I do not live

Lest I forget, I agree!!!

All that has been done in my life in the past three years is only done by His grace.(oh, I used to hate that word when i though of it as cheap grace ( a license to sin) LOL) Now, I truly now what real grace is.

2004/9/11 20:52Profile
seekinggod

Fond du Lac, WI

Re:

I know I have failed miserably all too often. Praise God for His Grace.

I have a quote by Andrew Murray that falls in line with this discussion:

[url=http://www.seekinggod.org/articles/surrender.html]Absolute Surrender[/url]

Quote:
"Oh, I want to encourage you, and I want you to cast away every fear. Come with that feeble desire; and if there is the fear which says: “Oh, my desire is not strong enough, I am not willing for everything that may come, I do not feel bold enough to say I can conquer everything” — I pray you, learn to know and trust your God now. Say: “My God, I am willing that Thou shouldst make me willing.” If there is anything holding you back, or any sacrifice you are afraid of making, come to God now, and prove how gracious your God is, and be not afraid that He will command from you what He will not bestow.

God comes and offers to work this absolute surrender in you. All these searchings and hungerings and longings that are in your heart, I tell you they are the drawings of the divine magnet, Christ Jesus. He lived a life of absolute surrender, He has possession of you; He is living in your heart by His Holy Spirit. You have hindered and hindered Him terribly, but He desires to help you to get hold of Him entirely. And He comes and draws you now by His message and words. Will you not come and trust God to work in you that absolute surrender to Himself? Yes, blessed be God, He can do it, and He will do it.

God not only claims it and works it, but God accepts it when we bring it to Him."

2004/9/11 21:53Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Where does this term, "besetting sins", come from? Is that Biblical?

No its not.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. (Mat 1:21 KJV)

...all of them... Now that IS biblical.

2004/9/14 5:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy