SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : brothers and sisters i need encouragement

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Koheleth

NC

Re: brothers and sisters i need encouragement

bible4life, Thanks for sharing your request and need. I have a story that sounds quite like yours and I can make my long story short so you just get the essentials. I just started obeying the gospel. That is not a theological statement, so don't try to analyze it. I just mean that I sought to obey the greatest commandment, to love God with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength (and then of course it will follow to love your neighbor as yourself). I knew the Lord was holy, so if I wanted to go with the Lord, I also had to go the way of holiness. If you feel broken and ready, there can be no obstacle for you. If you are not there yet, get desperate. Time is short. It's as simple as that. All the best.

2009/8/18 16:28Profile
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

To my great shame, I walked away from my Lord over money. I didn't knowingly forsake Him, but as He taught in Matthew 6, you can't serve two masters. And the love of money became my master. I walked in sin almost 20 years.

Last January, I wanted to return to the Lord. I missed His presence, His voice. So I repented of my sins, and put away everything sinful in my life, started back to church, the whole nine yards. But my walk with Him has been radically different. Where before I knew the joy of hearing His voice, and His teaching me from the Bible would literally burn in my soul, now I hear nothing. Many days I feel nothing. I fight pitched battles and sometimes feel overwhelming despair not knowing if I've sinned against Him, or perhaps I've been fooled and am a tare rather than wheat. Other Christians talk of the peace and joy of serving God, but I want to scream, " There is no peace! Where is the joy?" But I remember my disobedience, my betrayal, and then I cry out to God, that if I'm thrown into hell, I'll still love Him and serve Him with all I know. And I keep fighting. Then the victory, sweet victory comes. My enemy is beaten back again, for a short while.

Don't quit. Fight harder! Be a good and faithful slave for Christ. God's blessings to you.

2009/8/18 19:16Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

thank you all for your great love and prayers. I have been stronger as of late, oh but do i desire him more.

2009/9/29 4:49Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Hello, Bible4life!
I know all the feelings you've talked about, and can identify with a lot of it... and the thing that
God used to bring me into real fellowship with Him was Proverbs 3:5-6

Quote:
"Trust in the LORD with ALL thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge HIM and HE shall direct thy paths."

For years I was leaning on my own understanding and "feelings". I would pray and ask for forgiveness, feel good for awhile, but then when the "good feelings" went, so did my ability to stand. I didn't "feel" forgiven, so I'd get discouraged and dive into my sin yet again. But God showed me those verses, and then showed me Romans 10:9-10
Quote:
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD JESUS (hallellujah!) and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised HIM from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

So I decided that I would stand up at church the next Sunday and proclaim to ALL my faith in Christ (even though I'd been a believer, although seemingly, possibly unregenerate... certainly lacking power over sin, anyway) and then I saw that I needed to stake my faith in what the Bible said... not in what I felt. And from then on I had total victory! It was in coming to that point of faith in what God says that I found power over sin and assurance of salvation. Now, it still takes deliberate standing on fait... sometimes I still don't "feel" like a Christian. I don't "feel" like God is with me... but I go to prayer with God's word in front of me and read it to God and I have found that "they that wait upon the Lord SHALL renew their strength"! It's faith dear friend! The Just shall live by faith! God bless! I hope this is helpful to you! PM me if you want anymore information about my testimony, I'd love to share more details.

Edit:
one thing I forgot to mention... as far as the condemnation that comes from the church... Jesus said "he that comes to me I will in no wise cast out!"... God loves you, and that is all that matters. You know your own sincerity before God and God sees that, and that's all that matters. I too had to come to the realization that "people are going to misunderstand me and misjudge me in life, and that's ok. I know my standing before God and that's all I need to be concerned about." So don't worry about what others think... God loves you! And that's what counts.

2009/9/29 6:46Profile

Re: brothers and sisters i need encouragement

Psalm 51:17 (New International Version)

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, YOU WILL NOT DESPISE

From your posts it sounds like you qualify. Hallelujia!!!! Receive these promises by faith and be patient.

Blessings.

cc-

2009/9/29 7:17

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy