SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for me about starting a prayer meeting at my local fellowship!?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
anonymity

Please pray for me about starting a prayer meeting at my local fellowship!?

I have been seeking God and practicing and training for the ministry ever since I got saved 7 years ago. I have been a public evangelist emphatically for some time and have seen many exploits. I was broken and began to go deep into God in prayer. I have spent almost the last 3 years giving myself to prayer full time. I feel that I may be called and feel that I have a lot to offer the body in this respect. My Church has some prayer meetings early in the morning before work, between service, and a couple time a month. I however would like to start a more full prayer meeting as I believe it. For revival, intercession, intimacy, baptism of the Holy Spirit, the overcoming life in God, and the like. I would maybe like to hold it at a central time like a Friday night and have it to be maybe 4 hours long. I know that the hour is late and I believe that this Church and all Churches really need to go further in this as I have been laboring and taking ground. I really look up to men like Ravenhill, Nee, Taylor, Murray, Tozer, and the like to give you an idea of my thoughts. Though I am Biblically grounded as well. I want to see God do great things and believe that I have the anointing and the faith to be a vessel. I have never stepped into a formal Church ministry and this would be the first as I have been holding off until I felt there were something Apostolic in nature. I know I have used some unique terms here, but I am conservative in the Scriptures and believe everything to be in line with Jesus Christ and true Christian doctrine. So, please pray for me for favor and really actually do. Pray that the enemy will not hinder, that no carnal man would seek to quench in their misunderstanding, or that any confusion or division or other circumstantial division come into play, and that the right people and resources come together to allow this to work. God bless and amen.

2009/8/13 19:23Profile
growingholly

Re: Please pray for me about starting a prayer meeting at my local fellowship!?

wish i could go.
be blessed!

2009/8/13 20:03Profile

Just remember brother that the Lord is in charge of all things. Go as you are led. Let the Lord work out the details as you go, the most important thing is to start and see where the lord would take you. Do not worry about opposition, genuine prayer is awlays opposed. As for four hours, let the Lord work that out too. Let Him determine how long it should last. Better 1 minute before the throne in HIs presence, than a two hour session by men :) Perhaps you could join us from sermonindex on a Tuesday night prayer call, you would be more than welcome............Frank

2009/8/13 21:59
Koheleth

NC

Appreciate your post brother. I want to encourage you to follow the Lord wholeheartedly. We can pray for you. However, as far as advising you, I would pray about it in secret until such time as you are convinced it is from God. Then, you will need to consult no man. Also, rather than extend or limit the time to four hours, ask the Lord how he would direct.

2009/8/13 22:14Profile
anonymity

Re:

Growingholy,

Yeah I wish I could go to. It is definitely not a sure thing yet and so I am seeking an open door in the will of God and favor against the wiles of the enemy. You can be with me in spirit and prayer thanks.

2009/8/14 2:00Profile
anonymity

Re:

Appolus,

yes both council and prayer are appreciated for in the multitude of counselors is wisdom.

I am just taking this step by step here to see. At the same time I want to in the will of God do my part.

That is an interesting statement that genuine prayer is always opposed. It is not just missions or righteousness in politics, but even more warring in the heavenlies is greatly opposed. I WILL need great favor then and it will truly have to be a work and grace of God.

Thanks you I will consider the prayer with SI. You know I think I heard of it before, but forget because I don't think it is posted anywhere visible?

2009/8/14 2:04Profile
anonymity

Re:

Koheleth,

yes I will consider your words. It is often hard some times to go on prophetic words alone. Sometimes I throw out fleeces or do something and see if God blesses it. All in all though I will keep that at the front of my mind.

I also have been seeking the Lord much as I have said and it just may be time. We will see sometime the will of God is revealed to us progressively step by step.

Yes, there are many things that are very flexible right now. It is only in the idea stage though I have a pretty firm grasp on my burden for how it should be. One way of being is obviously to be lead of God. As for the 4 hour thing it was only a thought.

What I mean is that often prayer meetings are an hour or so. Or services are tons of preaching and only 20 minutes of prayer or something. So 4 hours was only the beginning because I am not sure that by practicality I could do it longer quite yet at this stage. Unless of course the Lord steps in in that realm.

My idea is that it will not be just intercession it will be all forms of prayer. Revival, baptism of the Spirit in power, intercession, fasting, worship, intimacy, the overcoming life ect. So it will have some times of worship and music which may help the weak flesh and heart to continue.

2009/8/14 2:10Profile
anonymity

Re:

I feel as if prayer in the Churches is greatly lacking both in practice and in understanding. The Church first needs to understand it both doctrinally and revelationally and then the practice will come. Again God is His wisdom has placed prayer as an object that brings in the wisdom of God like the cross in which no man can boast but must rely.

I think it would maybe be good to have it on a Friday night so that there will be an alternative to the worlds Friday nights. The problem with many saints is that they do not know how to enjoy God and so find their satisfaction in filth. They do not understand how to be being filled with the Spirit and then don't understand no matter how hard they try they cant conquer sin.

Prayer I believe is something that needs to be replaced in the Christian life. If a saint knows how to pray they can then be men and women of God who do not need to be needy saints always dragging everyone down but can learn to come to God and find sustenance. If a saint knew how to pray the spiritual realm would be flipped upside down and the victorious Christian life in Christ would manifest on the earth in great life. ect.

2009/8/14 2:15Profile
anonymity

Re:

Please keep praying Church.

2009/8/16 15:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy