SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Keep public prayers short!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Keep public prayers short!

I believe it was Charles Spurgeon who said those words and continued with "private prayers long."

there is a particular radio pastor who has been around a long time. He is a good teacher. However when he closes with prayer it is long and drawn out and he actualy is "preaching" in the prayer. This is not good.

If you are conducting a prayer meeting the same principle would apply. Each person should be allowed to present 1-3 prayer requests then you can go back around the room and have each pray for those needs as they see fit. However take care to not be the individual who prays out loud Toooo loooong in the group. This can hinder the group meeting.

I learned this from a combination of participating in many home prayer meetings as well as reading from others on prayer, K.P. yohannon, spurgeon, finney, E.M Bounds etc.

Thoughts?

2009/8/12 10:52
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Keep public prayers short!

Just a few words uttered that are Holy Spirit inspired will have a much greater impact on the prayer meeting for accomplishing God's will and purposes than many words coming forth out of the soul of man.

Mike

2009/8/12 11:10Profile

Re:

Depends on the situation for me. There have times when I've been in some intense prayer times with others where the Holy Spirit was moving... and it was effortless.

I have also been in situations where people are publicly praying long winded prayers that also could double for a sermon... and I dozed off.

Krispy

2009/8/17 10:35

Re:

Yep, I agree.

2009/8/17 10:40

Re:

Here is an awesome free resource from K.P. Yohann

Just go to his site and download the prayer teaching!

http://www.gfa.org/pray

2009/8/17 10:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy