SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The beginning of Voice of the Martyrs ~ Extreme Devotion

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The beginning of Voice of the Martyrs ~ Extreme Devotion

On a beautiful autumn day in 1967, the couple sat before their old typewriter on the tiny kitchen table in their new home—the United States. It wasn’t that long ago that Pastor Richard Wurmbrand had sat in a cold, dark Romanian prison cell for his work in the underground church. His wife, Sabina, had been sentenced to forced labor in a prison camp.

The couple now pondered the message that God had given them. They wanted to share the trials and triumphs facing persecuted Christians in Communist countries worldwide. The couple had been threatened by the Romanian secret police not to speak against Communism, but the intimidation could not stop them. They were compelled to raise the voice of Christ’s suffering body—a voice that had been overlooked and forgotten by many in the free world.

The words flowed easily onto the pages, and before long they had their first edition of The Voice of the Martyrs newsletter. They began with only one hundred dollars and a few hundred names and addresses from Christians who were interested in how they could help.

The vision that was birthed in a solitary prison cell has now grown into a worldwide organization dedicated to serving the persecuted church. Millions of subsequent The Voice of the Martyrs newsletters have been distributed around the globe in more than a dozen languages.

[i]Start somewhere. That’s where good ideas in God’s service always begin—somewhere. Serving Christ means it doesn’t matter where you start or when or how—as long as you start. Many keep delaying their dreams instead of beginning somewhere. We tell ourselves we will serve Christ someday: when the kids are grown up and out of the house; when we finally get the bills paid off and are able to tithe. Each time we say that we will start serving Christ after we finish something else, we have missed the point of our calling. What is God calling you to do? Not when is he calling you to do it, what is it he wants done? What are you doing now to begin fulfilling his call?[/i]

http://www.persecution.com/

2009/8/12 10:16
iampnuma

Coral Springs, FL

Re: The beginning of Voice of the Martyrs ~ Extreme Devotion

I love VOM I get their monthly newsletter and greatly recommend it to others.

2009/8/12 19:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy