SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Romans 6, 7 & 8

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Here's another thing. I'll keep it a little basic so people can actually understand what I'm saying. Why in the world would the Apostle go from Chapters 5 & 6 (dealing with the believer)to chapter 7 (dealing with the unbeliever) then back to chapter 8 (dealing once more with the believer)? Is it because he forgot what he wanted to say to them so he had to bring it back up? Why in the world? That's a whole lot of nonsense. But the way I see it is, you're missing one of the main points of the New Covenant and also a great blessing by believing that this chapter was dealing with the non-believer. Are there not Christian people who are struggling with sin? Yes, there are. And I don't say this from a harsh spirit, I say it out of concern that the reason for it is that they are believing the same lie that you are. Romans 6, 7, & 8 cannot be separated. It's trying to cross a bridge with no middle. It's tring to build a home with no roof. It has leaks and they're coming from somewhere, but where? Exactly my point. Romans 7 is for the believer. If they throw it out, they'll continue to have the same old problems with sin because they are still under the Law of Moses. I know what it is to stumble and get up stumble and get up. But now I'm knowing freedom in the New Covenant and NOT the Old Law. His Blood Still Sets Men Free!!!

The Evangelist

2004/10/5 14:42Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Quote:
Can you explain?

Just a little humor. In other words, don't think to hard. You'll blow a few brain cells.

2004/10/5 14:44Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Just a little humor. In other words, don't think to hard. You'll blow a few brain cells.

Philologos is a lover of the Word not a thinker about it. When you love something or someone you always give it your best attention.

2004/10/5 14:50Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Quote:
Philologos is a lover of the Word not a thinker about it. When you love something or someone you always give it your best attention.

Yes, I'm sure you are. I'm glad to hear that.

2004/10/5 14:54Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

theevangelist wrote:
In other words, don't think to hard. You'll blow a few brain cells.

I would rather be out of my mind, living in eternity than battling with carnal ideas of God and his ways. :-P

2004/10/5 14:54Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Quote:

Yes I'm sure you are. Thanks for sharing that with me brother. Now lets get back to Romans 6, 7, 8. Thanks

2004/10/5 14:55Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Quote:
:-P I would rather be out of my mind, living in eternity than battling with carnal ideas of God and his ways.

Yes I'm sure you would. That's why you'd take the time out to stick your tongue out at me. Now let's get back to Romans 6, 7, & 8. I appreciate it.

2004/10/5 14:56Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Bless you friend.

2004/10/5 14:59Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Yes I'm sure you are as well. That's why you'd take the time out to stick your tongue out at me. Now let's get back to Romans 6, 7, & 8. I appreciate it.

Now hold on guys. This may be the way we behave out in the street but were not on the street corner here we are in a family, or so I thought.

2004/10/5 15:01Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Now hold on guys. This may be the way we behave out in the street but were not on the street corner here we are in a family, or so I thought.

It is all right, a grand piano also needs to be tuned so do people, besides have you seen kids at a dinner table.;-)

p.s. An afterthought, unruelly kids at that!

2004/10/5 15:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy