SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : " AN AWFUL STORM IS ON IT'S WAY " !!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

" AN AWFUL STORM IS ON IT'S WAY " !!!

Let it be said and catorgorically understood and known that i am not a prophet, neither the Son of a prophet! But what you are about to read has a "prophetic tone" and "urgent ring" about it! God by his spirit some time ago began to birth and burn a message - into my spirit! And now i feel the time is ripe and rife to release it, and share it with all and sundry - being a word in season to the body of Christ. Therefore: To him that has ears to hear, let him hear what THE spirit - is saying to the churches...

THE MIDNIGHT HOUR IS APPROACHING, THE NIGHT IS FAR SPENT, THE DAY IS AT HAND, AND EVERYTHING THAT CAN BE SHAKEN ...WILL BE SHAKEN " Yet once more more i shake not only earth, but heaven also! On that day friend: The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give of her light... and the stars of heaven will tumble to the ground as a fig tree which casts of her premature figs ... when she is shaken of a mighty wind! The title of the message today is "An awful storm is on the way"

It's approaching and nigh at the door! WITH THE PROPHET JOEL HAVING THE FIRST SAY: BLOOD, FIRE AND PILLARS OF SMOKE: THE POWERS OF THE HEAVENS SHALL BE SHAKEN (ON THAT DAY) Therefore: See that you refuse not him that speaketh! For if they escaped not him that spoke from earth, how much the more shall we not escape HIM that spake from heaven ( Jesus said: My doctrine is NOT MY Own, BUT HIS, THAT SENT ME ) We are talking (DIRECT REVELATION FROM HEAVEN) AND FROM THE very heart beat and centre of God's throne, when Jesus thus spoke on the earth !! So it is in our best interests therefore to listen and heed the words and commands of the doctrine of Christ

Biblical history records that on the day of pentecost a sound came from heaven as of a mighty gushing wind - and when it came (it filled all the house) where they were sitting...
But on that day that lies ahead: A wind is coming of a different sort: A wind which will seperate tares and wheat, sheep from goats, saints from sinners, players from sayers, pretenders from contenders, mouth confessors from heart possessors ... and wise virgins from foolish ones

At the end of the day: There were only 5 wise virgins that went into the bridechamber! having had sufficienct oil in there lamps! 5 were ready and 5 were left knocking at the door (to let them in) The end time parable records that when the midnight hour did come and the trumpet sounded - the foolish simply weren't ready and HAd empty lamps (how foolish) The parable goes on to say (that the door was then SHUT)! Watch therefore, for in a day, and an hour, that you think NOT - THE SON OF MAN COMETH...

With that in mind: it brings US full circle to the topic upon which we lay the foundation to todays word of exhortation. You see the people of Noah's generation and of Lot's generation, knew not, that is they knew NOT until the event was upon them, but BY then, it took them all away ( the gist of it being - TOO LATE) ! And it took them all away...

It would be now: Back in the year of 2006 that i predicted by the Holy Ghost that America was about to be hit by a string and series of awful storms and undergo various kinds of judgments! And so with great trepidation and apprehension i went to the computer in my office and sent e-mail out (of what i saw coming) to a rather large platform ministry: However I got no response or re-action to the warning and needless to say it probably fell on deaf ears at the time. But nonetheless and notwithstanding i stood my ground and was convinced that i had heard from God! And that trouble and calamity was on the way. Indeed an awful oncoming storm was indeed on it's way...

SO I ACTED IN FAITH AND HELD FAST TO IT: AND LAUNCHED THIS MY E-MAIL WARNING: Well it would have been the better part of ONLY a few months after sending OUT thIS e-mail that an awful storm hit America and surrounding cities! New orleans WAS SIMPLY BASHED AND SMASHED - AND JUST ESCAPED perishing (from off the map) ( as it were ) Indeed Parts of that city could well have perished under a tidal wave of gushing swelling waters that compassed and engulfed her on that eventful historical day ( in fact: declared to be America's worse natural disaster ever on record) Indeed The story of the lost city of Atlantis was almost superceded with a news headline that read " NEW ORLEANS IS GONE, FINISHED, NO MORE" !!

Furthermore to this: Florida and other south eastern states were besieged, battered and bruised by one furious storm after another! Even to the point that the governor of Florida stood up and remarked on national television " Its relentless " there is no rest " one storm after another" Indeed: a state of emergency and national crisis was declared and ( SES ) state emergency crews and volunteers were having to work 24/7 around the clock to clean and mop up its ensuing mess! Which was left in the ruins and aftermath of her wake. The cost to insurance companies and taxppayers was up in the billions. Such was the propensity and the force of these huurricanes and tornadoes ... As wave upon wave... just kept rolling in ....upon her shores...

The disciple Luke said it well: When he said "The sea and the waves roaring...

Which brings us full loop yet again: To the people of Noah's generation also known to some as "the anti-Deluvian age" This was indeed an ontoward generation that bought, sold, ate, drank, divorced, made merry, partied hard and lived like the devil! that is until the day that noah entered the ark - and the flood came and took them all away! Noah was a preacher of righteousness who issued warning of an oncoming storm. But to the critics and cynics of that present time it was all but a fairy tale of mass proportion: Because Bearing in mind: It had never rained before upon the earth. So Noah's warnings fell on deaf ears! and veritably speaking he was laughed to scorn, and all warnings went (unheeded)

Jesus warned of a time also: known as "the beginning of sorrows" and of a time called "the great tribulation" he said it would be a time when "men's hearts would fail them for fear" - and for "looking out for those things coming on the earth" Therefore beloved Let us not sleep as do others, nor allow others to put us to sleep...

Scripture says: God did not spare the OLD world but condemned them with massive overthrows !! Even the angels that sinned were cast down to HELL and [placed in chains of darkness] to be reserved until the day of judgment. Only one man and his family escaped the fury of an oncoming storm - and all of the rest perished.
( His name was Noah, and he was a preacher of what?) a preacher of righteousness...

Only Noah found grace in the eyes of God and God saw righteousness in him, And spared him! And in fact, started an entire new race of people through his generations! Wow! AWESOME...

Verily, verily: The fact is: God Gave that entire generation ample time to repent, to turn from evil, to turn from vain imaginationS, to turn from the violence and the polyagamus nature of multipling in wives to themselves. Scripture records that they took wives of all that - they chose. They basically gave themselves over to the lusts and desires of the flesh, and of the mind.

Simply put: God looked down from heaven and said ENOUGH: enough is enough. I will destroy man from upon the face of the earth: As It grieved him at his heart! (I regret) that i made man now: That is how sorry that human race (made God to feel) about it all ( if i can phrase it that way )

Indeed: A tragedy and travestry of a world with (absolutely No justice) a world that had gone madly after sin !! Therefore God having no choice simply destroyed man! Because Man had become so corrupted! and so polluted! But doesn't that all seem a bit to severe and drastic? to put an end to all of mankind?? I mean: To wipe out everyone from the face of the map ...bar 1 man and his family?

Yes it was extreme - extreme justice is what it was: But its always justified when the potter tells the clay what the Divine verdict will be and what he intends to do. Bear in mind also: that we are talking in numbers of people that perished: (probably well in the vacinity of millions) that died -- just wiped out in an instant. Now I do not report these things with glee or with relish. As it was tracic loss of life in wholescale numbers - but God issued the divine sentence and ultimatum on that day...

But just harking back to that previous point where God was longsuffering and gave them between 100 and 120 years to change there minds and take up a vantage point somewhere within the ark and to climb up - on aboard! With the animals
( Genesis 5:32 and Gen 7:6 ) bears this out...

( Noah throws out a divine life-line )

And the animals begin to respond and walk up that old gang plank (TWO-BY TWO) AND ENTER INTO THE THE safe harbinger of the ARK. And It's like someone once aptly said: even the animals had sense enought to listen and to heed noah's Word OF CAUTION!!! ( AND SAVE THEMSELVES )

The window of opportunity and time span allocated to that generation of souls was more than gracious and merciful BY GOD. The accepted time for them was NOW! And there day of salvation was there - for the taking.

( NOAH IS INSTRUCTED TO BUILD AN ARK OF SAFETY )

Can you imagine or envisage? God tells a man to build a boat and yet for all intents and purposes it has never rained before upon the earth?! But Noah just acts in faith and trusts in his God - and his infallible Word! AND BEGINS TO BUILD AND TO ASSEMBLE THIS HUGE BOAT ( NOTHING DOUBTING )

Now that's faith...

And As construction gets underway and all building materials are brought forth to start this massive project - - so too come the scorners the knockers, the cynics, the critics, and the skeptics, AND OF COURSE THOSE THAT SEEM TO HAVE NO OTHER EXISTENCE IN LIFE THAN TO PULL ALL OTHERS DOWN TO THERE LEVEL ( MISERY LOVES COMPANY ) JUST ASK JOB! In fact all of them came down to have a snicker and a BO-PEEP at this massive boat taking shape and under-going construction. And There would have been the pro-verbial (devils advocates) among the gossipping milling crowd that swelled around Noah! But let's cast our minds back for a brief moment and journey on back through time and (listen on in) to some of these cynics of Noah's day...
( shall we )

" A wayfaring marauding milling swelling crowd passes on by noah's boat and see's him hammering away at those nails into gang planks and the sweat pouring of his brow in the heat of the day - and comment among themselves " Why look at the old man of 5oo years old why i think he is really suffering from old age or something similiar - why he says there is coming a flood! and when it comes it will destroy all of mankind" ( why sort of fancy yarn is this - he's spinning)???

" Why i think he has been out in the sun to long if you ask me, and is suffering from heat stroke! He says its going to rain and the storm clouds will roll in one day and flood all the earth - when the truth is: It's never rained before " Why I think he's gone don lost his marbles" another critic replies ... "i think this is sheer madness and hysteria ...fear mongering is what it is, if you ask me! and just - plom loco" and nutso stuff...

" Yes: I agree just another one of those howling and warning preachers who have nothing better to to do with there time than to warn of judgment and trying to scare "the bar-devil" and (HELL) OUT OF PEOPLE. "IM NOT LISTENING TO THAT OLD MAN ANYWAY - ANOTHER CRITIC CRIES OUT"!!!

" Yes: We can ALL do without those types among us: AND BESIDES ITS GETTING LATE: Whose coming down to THE bar for another pint of GOOD OLE lager"? It's WAY too hot out here - in this sun!! and besides im not standing here all day watching some guy hammer nails into an old gang plank! By the way guys ... whose shout is it at the local??

Yeh: C'mon ive had enough of this noah guy trying to scare everyone out of there wits and put the fear of God into people! About some alleged oncoming storm ...Yeh don't listen to the alarmist and radicals. Always Warning of calamity and birth pains ( blah, blah ) Heard it all before!!! Ad-infinitum "why when my dad was around they talked about Jesus coming then, and yet all things continue the same as they ever were! " Why if you ask me? and my opinion? They are nothing but 2-bit alarmists and extemists "types" that i think we all can do without" " Always blowing some trumpet and sounding alarms" (sssshhheeesssshhhhh)

These onlookers, scoffers and observers would no doubt have laughed, scorned , mocked, and derided noahs warnings as construction of the boat was well underway, and the oncoming storm lingered but yet - was well on its way...

( The final world stage )

In closing: If this is the eleventh hour and many voices are saying it is! And the mystery of iniquity is well at work! Then the clock must surely be reading (five minutes to midnight)! The parable of the fig tree and her leaves being ready to spring forth and bud is as relevant today (as it was) when Christ first spoke it and told it - to his twelve apostles! The question is and the question remains? Just how tender are those leaves? And How close is summer?

Many believe today and with good reason: That time is short! And that time is of the essence and utmost. And that things will begin to accelerate at a colossal rate soon and spin out of control in a world that (recieved not the love of the truth)...

But we have an ark of safety in spite of tribulation in the world: His name is Jesus (Glory): So take heart and Rejoice for Jesus has overcome the world! and all oncoming storms (NICE)

Just how close is it? Nobody knows! So We stay alert and watch for the closing out signs of his near coming. And continue to be ultra vigilant, with lamps both burning and blazing brightly! You see: Many today believe the church of Jesus Christ is at a crossroads! It's reached A fork in the road! so-to-speak! We have reached an impasse as it were ... where both compromise and apostasy have reached eperdemic proportion. But having said that: It's all predicted in the bible and in word of God For any scholar both to read and see for himself. ( 2 thessalonians 2:1-4)

( There is no excuse to be - asleep ) not really!

As the message reaches its ultimate conclusion today the one thing i wish to highlight and re-iterate more than anything else is simply this: The people of lot's generation and of noah's generation did not know what hit them, until it did hit them, and by then it was too late!!!

THE FLOOD CAME AND TOOK THEM ALL AWAY: Jesus predicted a similiar outcome if we do not discern the times we live in and/or are not watching steadfast unto the end! Or we begin to say in our hearts, alas, my Lord doth delay his coming
And we begin to eat and to be drunken with the drunken...

FOR AS A SNARE WILL IT COME UPON THE WHOLE WORLD, AND WHEN THEY SHALL SAY: ALAS PEACE AND SAFETY, THEN COMETH SUDDEN DESTRUCTION! AS WHEN TRAVAIL COMES UPON A WOMAN WITH CHILD AND THERE SHALL BE NO ESCAPE...

( HOW CLOSE: IS IT THEN ) ???

That is the return of OUR LORD Jesus Christ? AND the great tribulation, and the beginning of sorrows, And the kingdom being restored back to israel?? Ecet.

Of course the father has put such things into his own hands and so to some degree we are without knowledge! But by the same token if the goodman of the house had known in (what watch) the thief cometh, he would not have suffered his house to be broken into! ( correct)?? Let it be said THEN brethren: The people of this age and of this present world ... live like the world is never going to end! and the world will always be there for them and for their offspring alike! they will wake up tommorow just like they did today and all things will continue the same as thay always have for them. Hmmm. But ye beloved are not in darkness as though that DAY should overtake you as a thief...but are children of the day and of the light. We are not of the night, brethren!

( CHILLS AND HOLY CHILLS )

Finally beloved and i will close: I can remember vividly and like it happened only yeserday: I was driving home from work and caught in thick, congested traffick. And I said to the Lord in prayer as i waited " it's close, isn't it Lord" All of a sudden i got chills, cold chills all over me ...it really dawned on me at that moment in time how things are rapidly accelerating in the world! Indeed its much closer than we all think! And that This thing can't go on, forever - you know! Soon God will begin to wind things up and pull down the curtain and flick all switches! and time as we know it (today) - will be no more. To make way and ready for " Behold i make all things new! Behold "new heavens and new earth" As one famous preacher boy once said: "It's all gonna burn one day" "Go up in fire and smoke" And if you permit me to say it: When that happens: Then time is up! And brother when that time does arrive " then the last sermon has just been preached, the last download completed, the last salvation tract handed out in the mall, the last e-mail sent, the last SMS messaage sent, the last government policy formed! The last baby born into our maternity wards .... as God's curtain of time reaches its ultimate and final climatic finish! And the revelation of Jesus christ is unveiled to a wayfaring and ontoward generation...

( HE COMETH WITH TEN THOUSANDS OF HIS SAINTS )

And may i end: With the same words of the apostle (peter) when he uttered this sentence some 2000 years ago ( but how relevant for today) " And with many other words did he testify and exhort saying - save yourselves from this ontoward generation"

How appropriate: Especially when you consider that iniquity is just going to abound in the last days and that the love of many - will wax cold?!

There is a storm approaching! Are you ready? Is your lamp trimmed and filled with oil? Are you continuing instant in prayer? John the baptist gave this advice "that we should flee the wrath to come"

( Good advice John ) !!!

DO YOU SEE THE STORM APPROACHING ?? It's on the horizon? OR DO YOU THINK THIS WORD that has been delivered today ...IS MERE FABLE AND IDLE TALES?

AND ON THAT NOTE WE END, BELOVED...

2009/8/4 23:32Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: " AN AWFUL STORM IS ON IT'S WAY " !!!

Matthew 16:17-18 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

This is the revelation; Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Noah built his sanctuary. Christ is building His and we are the building fitly framed together, His Body the Body of Christ, His Church.

The Rock is the revelation, The Church Building is our ark, it is fitly framed together for an habitation of God, like Noah's habitation in the ark.

Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The ark earthly habitation.

The Holy Temple in the Lord, our heavenly place, where we are already seated with reservations to our spiritual building which Christ is building.

John 14:1-4 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

"Let not your heart be troubled:"

"Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

In Christ the foundation corner stone of our Rock, this is the foundation of our Heavenly place.

Phillip

2009/8/6 0:22Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

I have always said and maintained, for the record that the house God is builing is christ's body, the many members of the body of christ and that WE are the builing and habitation of God's spirit! paul and stephen went on record to declare that God does not dwell in temples made with mans hands! ( i full understand this principle) and have written on it - many times in this very forum!!! the post you read by me in no way detracts or diminishes from those vital new testament truths...it is spoken by way of allegory and by way of illustration and thats all. The ark of safety in new testament times - is truly to be (in) and (abide) in christ. (full stop)!!! i do believe this was borne out in various instances through out the post...

Yes the story of noah is a very old one. But clearly many new testament writers spoke of those days.... Peter did and so did the author of hebrews! Jude often refers back to korah and olden times. The good scribe out of the good treasure of his heart will bring forth tresures both OLD and new

2009/8/6 1:52Profile

Quote:
Let it be said and categorically understood and known that I am not a prophet, neither the Son of a prophet!

It's a good thing your not because what your preaching is dispensationalism and this was not birthed in you but birthed in Darby, Scofield and many others. What your speaking of us is what you heard and are repeating it.

You quoted from Joel of what Peter said, which the Holy Spirit was drawing the Jewish peoples attention that the days THEY were living in were the last days. "In the last days I shall pour out my Spirit upon all flesh". That happened on Pentecost. What followed is the lack of understanding concerning HOW Christ came.

Now, what you said about a Storm coming, you are 100% correct. A storm is coming and we need to be ready for what lies ahead. Some people believe that the recession is over, it's far from over, we've only just begun. It may be levelling off, but it will take years before anyone will be able to hold down a half decent job and survive. We need what is coming, it will either make us or break us. The world needs Jesus Christ, they need to know that there is an answer to their miserable existence. We are Christ on this earth, we are His body in the earth, and we are a light to this world. It's on rare occasions that the LORD reveals Himself to individuals, but most times it's just you and me they will see and let us pray that what they see is Christ in us the hope of glory.

Now just because hard times are coming doesn't mean we need to grapple for scriptures to press it into our mode of thinking. Put on the mind of Christ, obtain from that mind a new way of thinking and hear what the Spirit is saying to the Church.

Truly if we believe that the Sun will literally turn black and the Moon will turn to blood. Then we should literally cut off our hands if our hands should sin. Or literally pluck out our eyes. Or we should literally hate our Mother and Father when God said, Honour them.

But then we say, "Oh He didn't literally mean to cut of our hands". To which I would say, "If we can interpret that to mean something else other than what has been spoken, then how come we can't do the same for the other?" The reason why we can't is because nothing else will fit into our reasoning concerning it. Yet there is a much better interpretation that AGREES with the law and the prophets and not with Scofield.

Forsaking carnal understanding is far better than holding unto it. "for to be carnally minded is death, but to be Spiritually minded is life and peace".
Interpret the scriptures in the light of the scriptures and put on the mind of Christ.

I know what everyone is going to say, let me say it for you. "We didn't get this revelation from Scofield, we got it from God". Here is another line, "We got our revelation from studying the scriptures".

Does your studying the scriptures and the conclusions that you have arrived with make your studying conclusive? I've heard people say, "I've done a study on that" and they stop there as if that is the final word on the matter. So what if a study was conducted, the admonition is still given, "Prove all things".

Why do we always put the blame on God whenever we want to solidify our claims? [b]No one can prove something that they consider to be still in the future.[/b]We can talk about it, even prophesy about it, but if it hasn't manifested it can't be proven. Oh yes, we have faith to believe it. There is a long list of people that have spoken that on such a such a date Christ would come, they have been proven to be false. When Christ came He was proven to be true, because the prophets testified that He should come. The prophets were then proven to be true. If the thing that they prophesied never came to pass, they would have been proven to be false.

Rahman and Ironman who seem to have dropped off the face of the earth both spoken on this forum that certain catastrophic events were going to take place at the beginning of this year which never transpired. They have been proven to be false. However, if they had of spoken it and didn't place dates on it they still would have been believing that God was going to vindicate their words. I don't believe for a moment that these two men are not true believers, they either jumped the gun or were still too wet behind the ears. But I am glad that they did say it, it means that they will dig in their heels and really seek God for the absolute truth concerning TRUE prophesy. God did show them visions, no doubt in my mind, but it wasn't the time to reveal such things to the general assembly.

2009/8/6 8:49
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I don't understand why people have such a problem with a dispensation.

1 Corinthians 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Ephesians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

oikonomia oikonomia oy-kon-om-ee'-ah
from 3623; administration (of a household or estate); specially, a (religious) "economy":--dispensation, stewardship.

Strong's Greek Dictionary
3623. oikonomos
Search for G3623 in KJVSL
oikonomoV oikonomos oy-kon-om'-os
from 3624 and the base of 3551; a house-distributor (i.e. manager), or overseer, i.e. an employee in that capacity; by extension, a fiscal agent (treasurer); figuratively, a preacher (of the Gospel):--chamberlain, governor, steward.

3624. oikos
Search for G3624 in KJVSL
oikoV oikos oy'-kos
of uncertain affinity; a dwelling (more or less extensive, literal or figurative); by implication, a family (more or less related, literally or figuratively):--home, house(-hold), temple.

3551. nomos
Search for G3551 in KJVSL
nomoV nomos nom'-os
from a primary nemo (to parcel out, especially food or grazing to animals); law (through the idea of prescriptive usage), genitive case (regulation), specially, (of Moses (including the volume); also of the Gospel), or figuratively (a principle):--law.

We are not under Moses any longer. We are under Christ. We must admit there is a difference and that difference is in the dispensations.

In Christ: Phillip

2009/8/6 11:52Profile

Re:

Deepthinker posted:

Quote:
[b]It's a good thing your not because what your preaching is dispensationalism and this was not birthed in you but birthed in Darby, Scofield and many others. What your speaking of us is what you heard and are repeating it.

You quoted from Joel of what Peter said, which the Holy Spirit was drawing the Jewish peoples attention that the days THEY were living in were the last days. "In the last days I shall pour out my Spirit upon all flesh". That happened on Pentecost. What followed is the lack of understanding concerning HOW Christ came

[/b]

Walters reply:

As usual, you are dead wrong on the issue of dispensationalism.

It is taught throughout the New Testament, in God's Word, for those who take the time to study it, and can be found specifically in the Doctrine taught by Paul. Why mainly Paul and not throughout the Gospels-Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? Paul made it very clear that “his Doctrine” should be taught.

Paul was taught Bible Doctrine and Truth face to face by the Resurrected Jesus Christ for 3 years before he talked to any Apostle--first in the desert of Arabia, and then in Damascus

(Galatians 1:12-18)
For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.[color=990000][b] But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,[u] To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.[/color][/b][/u]

Paul has had his enemies and detractors down through the ages. Some even today question whether Paul's doctrine is true[color=990000][b] (Deepthinker being one of them).[/color][/b] There is a view that Pauline theology is his own invention and differs from the teachings of Christ.

Lets take the time to call witnesses to testify as to the veracity of Paul's teachings in the epistles that Paul wrote.

1st Witness - Paul Himself
In Galatians chapter 1, Paul makes a strong case under oath in his own defense. He he says, "In what I am writing to you, I assure you before God that I am not lying" (Gal 1:20).

In this defense Paul claims that he got his gospel directly from Christ and from no one else. "For I would have you know brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man, for I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ"
(Gal 1:11-12).

Paul claims that he wrote the same things as the other apostles and prophets taught, and that they all received the same revelation
(Eph 2:1-5).

2nd Witness - The Council at Jerusalem
An eminent council in Jerusalem decided on the issue of whether Paul's doctrine differed from theirs (Acts 15) and found themselves in full agreement with Paul. The issue which led to this judgment was whether the law of Moses should be bound upon Christians as necessary to salvation. That issue was debated, and the Council got right behind Paul and his preaching.

Two of the principal speakers in the debate were [b]Peter and James.[/b] We will call Peter as a witness in a moment. However, is worth noting first that James taught the same principle for which Paul is famous, namely that we are saved and justified by grace through faith
(James chapter 2).

James does point out that we are not saved by faith only, but by faith perfected by works . This is not a disagreement with Paul, who often points out that we are not saved by works only, but require faith in Christ crucified. Paul certainly believes in "the obedience of faith" (Rom 1:5 and 16:26). Paul and James are teaching and agreeing upon the same principle of faith and obedience.]

3rd Witness - The Apostle Peter
We now call as witness the apostle Peter. In 2Peter 3:15-16 the apostle commends Paul's teaching in the strongest terms.
1. Refers to Paul as "our beloved brother"
2. Commends "the wisdom given to Paul"
3. [color=990000][b]Peter's only criticism of Paul (if indeed it is a criticism) is that Paul "says some things which are hard to understand".

4. Claims Paul's teaching has been twisted by the untaught and unstable.

5. Lays "all letters" written by Paul alongside "the rest of the scriptures".[/color][/b]

Here Peter makes it plain that he regarded all Paul's letters as belonging to the scriptures.

That last point is so strong a testimony in favour of Paul, from such an eminent and trustworthy witness, that there I rest my case.

Sincerely,

Walter

2009/8/6 13:02

Re: The coming storm; the end of the American dream; then judgment.

Over fifteen years I have received bits and pieces of the coming storm. The Lord has shown me in visions and audible words some of the things that are imminent, and terrible, coming upon America. On the link below, you will find one of them, given to me in 2003, where the Lord showed me His financial judgment upon us, centered around a "mortgage greed crisis". I sent this letter to some leaders around the country then.

I have also seen a "gift" from the Lord to His church at every level of judgment; like a corresponding increase of light and glory given to the church equal to His justice; even in Wrath.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=29256&forum=48&post_id=&refresh=Go

If you want to call this dispensational, that is your right, but I saw it, and Heard it from the mouth of the Lord. It will come to pass, and if it doesn't, mark me. Another posted this on S.I. without my knowledge.

Furthermore; I have compiled the rest of the prophesies, that I will release this weekend on the internet. You may PM me for the site, if you are interested. I will ask Greg Gordon if he deems it appropriate here, and submit to his direction.

I must say this about prophesy, though. It must be judged; and it is very unhealthy if we do not. Is it controlling? Is it self promoting? Most of what the Lord has shown me for the body, is for the sake of preparation [ as with this brother.. ]. Remember that there were foolish virgins, and that lack of oil that condemned them seems to be connected with understanding the times we are in, and preparing....PREPARING....your heart by faith..

We must know our Master, for the days will soon be here in America that men's hearts will fail for fear; terrible events that are unimaginable in soft and pastoral America. This is not dispensationalism, it is guaranteed bible prophesy, and our brother is right. We must get ready, and be ready. Watch, and Pray, and pray always that you would be counted worthy to stand before the Son of Man ...IN THAT DAY!

2009/8/6 14:12
patricks916

Re:

We say the storm is coming, but it is already been here. I am not preparing for anything to come, because God will provide for it. Today is the day of salvation, we are pointing at events to happen, when we should be pointing at Christ. What if he came before all these events that people say will come, would you be that wise virgin? Did not people prophesy during world war 2, Vietnam, Cold War, and nothing happen. The Bible says that Proverbs 5:6, you can not know her ways. False religion, always moves, that is why these prophecies always change. People did not abandon the faith in this last century. They had in Johns time, read 3 John. Paul was opposed when he was alive, he warned of wolves to come in after his departure. Even in Luthers time, he murdered Christians, Calvin did as well. Plus the whole body of Christ has been divided into schisms of Baptist, Southern Baptist, Ana Baptist, Lutheran, Calvinist, and so on. Which one of the abominations before God is division. What we must do, is get our physical eyes off these events and put our spiritual eyes on Christ. He is coming at the last trump, which will come soon. At the twinkling of an eye. You must be ready now, not tomorrow, NOW! False religion always gives another time than now. Now is the day. May the Lord Bless you, if you are in any way yielding your self to any sin, you must repent, and confess, and turn to Christ with your whole heart. Not prepare food, or places to hide, but your hearts. Run to the mountains, when you see the abomination. Get in mount Zion, the true Church of the Living God!

2009/8/6 16:39Profile
sonofthunder

Re:

Wether one tags me, or brands me with darby, or schofield, or for that matter whoever! ( I CARE NOT, AND IN ONE SENSE OF THE WORD, AND I SAY THIS RESPECTFULLY ...I FIND THAT RATHER AMUSING ) to say the least. Truth is: I follow no man and adhere to none of those men and there teachings! And Just for the record. I have no desire or interest in debating scripture or arguing scripture with anyone. Frankly i find it all a waste of time and a waste of spiritual energy! And i dont say that as a matter of beligerance to anyone either (Okay)

Truth is i haven't followed any ministry or theologian For many years now! And for the last 6 years i have totally shut myself up to God and to his Divine Word. And this has been my pattern now over a span of 6 years -- and my routine for some time now has been to devote myself to around (50) to (60) hours a week of both study and to the doctrine of his word. ( As well as holding down a full-time Job in the secular world ) During these last 6 yrs I have not for the most part and in the main confered with flesh and blood during this space of time! Nor have i consulted, cross-checked, or sought understanding of the word from man! from this man or from that man! Or with this pastor or with that pastor. It would be fair to say then - i am not the product of anyone elses' teaching over the duration of this perid of time! Having said that though: I am and have been: the product of full-time bible studies in the past and at one stage i sat under a man whose theological books have been honoured and esteemed by the baptist association of america and are still admired to this very day. I sat under this theologian for many many years and listened to his tapes and read his books literally 24/7 around the clock and would go to bed at night falling asleep with one of his tapes in my ears and in the background. But from what i can see and what ive observed I think we tend to "lock down" way to much on both (terms and terminologies) just to give you one example the age old arguments of "pre -milleniel" "post millenial" and now "pan-milliniel" (those who say everything will just pan out) that is to say scripture will fulfil itself regardless of our beliefs. And further to that: We also have pre, mid, and post rapture theories, opinions and views. We have calvanism and arminianism, and pre-dispensationism! and the pre-dispensationalists and all the other (isms) and (ists) alike that follow after. But moving away from that now: Let me now touch on another point! why does any of this end-time stuff really matter ( anyway )?? Why If it didn't matter? why then did Jesus deliver to us all of matthew chapter 24?? I ask? and all of the parables that followed after matthew 24 about his glorious return. Ecetera.

Why Give the beloved John on (the isle of patmos) "the revelation of Jesus christ" and the things that are to shortly come??? And say those who read it and heed it will be blessed immeasurably so? If it doesnt matter ...Why did he say there were 5 foolish virgins at his coming? Why does he say tares will be weeded out at his coming?? Why then did he say watch and pray that your accounted (worthy) to (escape) all these things that shall come to pass - and to stand before the son of man?? And if it doesnt matter? And will all just pan out ( the who cares society among us ) and mind set !!! Why did he say when i return will i find faith on the earth?? According to the parable of the virgins some were asleep and not ready (or) prepared for it!

And finally: if doesn't really matter how or what happens (that is prophecy dont matter ) having understanding of it doesnt matter...what you believe regarding it doesnt matter....then consider the following passages from 2 thess 2 that many will fall away, many will be turned to fables, many will not endure sound doctrine ( saying: he is too hard on us with the word ...you should tone it down you know brother ) many will turn away there ears from the truth having itching ears, many will accumulate teachers who thrill and entertain....and consider this from Christ also " And i say to you, that MANY will come from east and west and shall sit down with abraham and with isaac and with jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the KINGDOM will shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gashing of teeth. You see: I believe when an anointed word is given and goes forth by anyone (for that matter) truly anointed of the Lord...then that selfsame word seperates, it asks questions of us!!! God's word is a seperator ....

Jesus told the scribes and pharisees (Jews) that they did NOT discern (THIS TIME) (AND WHO IT WAS) THAT STOOD BEFORE THEM!! YET THEY COULD DISCERN THE FACE OF THE SKY AND PREDICT THE WEATHER PATTERNS ....HE CALLED THEM HYPOCRITES OVER THAT SELFSAME ISSUE...

My main goal like paul is to know and learn the revelation of Jesus christ and to have God's son revealed in me ( to sit at Christs feet ) and learn of him...and not follow this one or that one .... yes i still read books and download from time to time ....as i like to keep abreast of things happening....But the goal and the aim is "that i might know him and the power of his resurrection" !!!!

2009/8/7 5:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I will not dispute that the days are bad and that judgment may be soon upon us because of sin. Or, that Jesus coming is close. We look around and are dismayed with the apostasy rampant in 'churches'. (I have a Catholic friend who informed me that the trends that trouble Protestant churches are at work at her church as well!) We have been conditioned to believe that anyone who claims the name of the LORD is indeed a blood washed saint. Not so. And since this has become evident, we are becoming distressed with its evidence.

The past two weeks I had the privilege of perusing my brothers' "Ante-Nicene Fathers" writings. Those old men wrote of issues that troubled the church back then, most of which could easily apply today. If the style of writing would not be so cumbersome, you would think they were modern writers! The point is the devil has been at work for thousands of years and he does not change his tactics nor are people any wiser, just as stupid as ever, refusing to learn. And that consequences will always come.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/8/11 7:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy