SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Helping elderly mother deal with fear (changed thread title)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Re:

Praying and giving thanks can be such an awesome time in the Lord. Just really walking and talking through all the wonderful things He has done for us:-)I know that my mother feels that since she is coming to the Lord late in life that she has wasted so much of her life living for self and not for the Lord, she regrets that. I know that as she is getting older(and been sick) this is on her heart. I have shared with her that is makes no difference that she has come to know Jesus as her Savior late in life, that her past is forgiven and what she needs to focus on is moving forward in Him no matter how much time she may or may not have left. Fear is just one tool the enemy tries to use against us, to cause us to take our focus off of Jesus and on to self or things happening around us. I have shared with her that when her friends become fearful to share with them about the Lord and what He has done for her. What an opportunity she has before her. I think she is beginning to see that to

thanks again
rdg

2009/8/3 18:26Profile

Re:

I apologize. I was rambling in my last posting.

The only answer I can give is that you pray earnestly for your Mother that God would comfort her heart and settle her spirit down. Right now, she may not be able to hear anything that you have to say regarding God because she is worried. When someone worries all that your speaking is like water rolled off a ducks back. Fix the worry and then speak to her. It's like trying to preach the gospel to a person who is starving to death. Nourishment is what they need then feed them the living word. Your prayers will be more effective than anything that you can say. But if you feel in your spirit that God wants you to speak to her then by all means do what is asked of you.

2009/8/3 21:15
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Been following this thread and have not seen anyone who has said they have read the bill that has upset the Mother. I read highlights of it and have to say, if it was not for my faith (which my God freely gives me each day) I would be in terror of it. Every action of this current administration is aimed at enslaving the population. Now I try and stay aware of what they are doing but not let it terrorize me. I pray and worship God through His Son Jesus and read the Word.

What I mean is, I live on this planet and just as I appreciate weather reports to allow me to prepare for coming storms, paying attention to the actions of our leaders is also a way to prepare for storms of a different kind.

It may have more effect when speaking with the mother to know what it is she is upset over before telling her to live by Faith. Not to say living by Faith is not to be desired. I know I am not putting this clear enough but I hope someone might see what I am saying.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/8/4 20:57Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

White_Stone: Yes I have read the large portions of the bill and while I do not agree with much of what is in the bill I do believe that pointing my mother back to Jesus in all things is the best answer. I have talked with my mother for many hours and I do understand why she is afraid but still feel that sharing Jesus with her and encouraging her to seek Him in this is the best thing.

with care in Him
rdg

2009/8/4 21:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy