SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Our van passes away...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Our van passes away...

The other day I posted about how God has provided a huge contract for my business... Praise His Name!

Then... last night our van, w/ over 200,000 miles on it, passed away. It is simply not worth sinking $2000 into it. And I dont have $2000 right now to sink into it.

I hate the idea of going back into debt since we've been debt free for awhile now, but I dont see any other option... we need a van. But we've taken enough of a hit over the last 8 months because of the economy... I'm not sure I can even get a loan right now.

I am excited because I know that God is really going to give me a testimony to share with others once He resolves this situation... and I know that I know that He will.

I just want you all to be in prayer over this.

I know that soon and very soon I'll be posting a praise report!

Krispy

2009/8/2 7:08

Re: Our van passes away...

Krispy, Whatever you do, don't get a loan or borrow any money from anyone. If you truly believe that God has given you a contract, then it's only obvious that He can give you the van. But whatever you do, don't get a loan.

"LORD I need a van so I can continue providing for my family. If I don't provide for my family, I am worse than an infidel and I have denied the faith. But I thank you Jesus that I am not an infidel and I have not denied the faith and you have not stopped providing for your own and you have given me this great contract, and I am believing that you will furnish me the needs to get my work done. I am trusting that you will provide, I am trusting that you are my welfare, my caregiver and my God. In Jesus name."

Be still and stand and don't fret. Don't make any rash moves. God who has parted the seas and sent quail to feed a bunch of murmuring people, He will MUCH more do to us who love Him for who He is. So ask, trust and wait, He knows our frame, He knows what we have need of and He knows that you need this van right away, so the wait won't be long.

But He may ask you to do something that is against your will to do, don't hesitate, obey and all will be well.

2009/8/2 13:44

Re: Our van passes away...

Quote:
I am excited because I know that God is really going to give me a testimony to share with others once He resolves this situation... and I know that I know that He will.

Quote:
I know that soon and very soon I'll be posting a praise report!

Nothing is impossible when we walk with God and come to Him with faith to supply a need. When we look back, we see how our loving heavenly Father has ALWAYS provided for us and it's been lovely to read of your praise reports in the past. I'll be praying, brother!

2009/8/2 17:27

Re:

Quote:
Whatever you do, don't get a loan or borrow any money from anyone. If you truly believe that God has given you a contract, then it's only obvious that He can give you the van. But whatever you do, don't get a loan.

I know there are those who preach against getting loans. For the most part I agree. Especially in today's American society... where people are in debt way over their means to pay it back.

In our situation a minimal car loan is certainly not a back breaker for us. I only hate that we have to do it because we were fortunate enough to declare ourselves debt free a few years ago. If this had happened last year I could have paid cash for a van... but at that time we didnt need to. Good thing because a year ago who could have predicted the economy would go down so quickly?

Now that things are starting to pick back up... we now need a van. Thats God's timing. We needed the money we could have spent a year ago on a van to support ourselves thru the slow down. Now that cash flow seems to be improving... I can afford to take on a payment at least until I can accumulate enough cash to pay it off early. We usually pay off any loans we get in half the time.

We simply need a van with a family as large as ours, there is no way around it.

Krispy

2009/8/3 13:29
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Prayed for you Krispy, God will provide for our needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

2009/8/3 15:49Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Krispy...

Don't forget about the "Cash for Clunkers" program that is currently available (but might not be for long). You might qualify for $4500 toward the purchase of a new vehicle (including a gas efficient SUV or minivan). You might want to hurry, however, as this program is quickly running out of money.

:-)

2009/8/3 17:32Profile

Re:

I have witness God's provision. I have seen Him move upon people to give money, cars and land free of charge. Even though these are just fleeting things, but we live in this world and we need them, God don't need them, but we do. I am not preaching against getting a loan, I am simply saying brother give God a chance. I know my advice will be trampled under foot, I know that. But at least I had the chance to say it anyway. God bless and I bless your business in Jesus name. 8-)

2009/8/3 21:02

Re: Cash for Clunkers ? NEVER!

Everyone should look at the video!

I saw this on the Glen Beck show. What exactly is the "Cash for Clunkers Program"?

It is a Government scam to gain access to your computer, 24/7 into perpetuity!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqfuZ7hiap0]The Glen Beck Show, Fox News[/url]

Sincerely,

Walter

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi Krispy...

Don't forget about the "Cash for Clunkers" program that is currently available (but might not be for long). You might qualify for $4500 toward the purchase of a new vehicle (including a gas efficient SUV or minivan). You might want to hurry, however, as this program is quickly running out of money.

:-)

2009/8/3 23:35

Re:

I wont have anything to do with Cash for Clunkers... and the trade in has to be drivable in order to qualify anyway.

We're gonna spend the $1200 to fix the transmission... get a year warrenty on it. Then in the spring we'll have a legitimate trade-in vehicle (tho it wont fetch much... but will probably recoup the $1200) ... and then casually shop around for a good deal on a used van instead of buying one now under pressure.

We'll be in a much better position financially in the spring than we are right now, God willing.

Thats the decision God has led us to.

Krispy

2009/8/4 9:50

Re:

Quote:
That is the decision God has led us to.

And a good decision it is! I was thinking about you fixing up the van if it were possible and a $1200 dollar investment is pretty good investment, even if it is just till Spring.

I am glad that you brought this to the forum Brother. It makes our lives real to one another. That our burdens as trivial as they may be should be important to all of us. Apart of our caring for one another is also helping one another not just in the spiritual aspects of life, but also of the things we need to survive. We so need one another.

Thank you for that praise report brother.

2009/8/4 12:45

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy