SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Religion Vs Spirituality

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sscr01

Religion Vs Spirituality

In Psalm 119, the word, "Word," is used interchangeably with, "law," "commandments," "judgments," "precepts," "statutes," "testimonies."

GOD'S WORD IS HIS LAW.

"A NEW HEART also will I give you, and A NEW SPIRIT will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, and CAUSE YOU to walk in My Statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments and do them." Ezek 36:26,27. When His Spirit is within us, we are empowered by His Spirit to obey His Word/His law.

Jesus said, "Not everyone that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.

MANY will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity. (lawlessness) Matt 7:21-23.

"And hereby we do know that we know Him, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. He that saith, I KNOW HIM and keepeth not His commandments is a liar, and the Truth is not in him. BUT WHOSO KEEPETH HIS WORD, IN HIM VERILY IS THE LOVE OF GOD PERFECTED: hereby we do know that we are in Him." 1 John 2:3-5.

Jesus said, "My sheep hear My Voice (God's Word), and I KNOW THEM and they follow Me." John 10:27.

Jesus said, "He that rejecteth Me and receiveth not My Words, hath one that judgeth him, THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN, THE SAME SHALL JUDGE HIM IN THE LAST DAY. " John 12:48.

The Apostle John wrote, "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: FOR SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW." 1 John 3:4.

The Apostle Paul wrote, "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: AND AS MANY AS HAVE SINNED IN THE LAW SHALL BE JUDGED BY THE LAW; For not the hearers of the law are just before God, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED." Rom 2:12,13.

Jesus answered and said unto him, (Nicodemus) Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God...Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit...Marvel not that I said unto thee, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN." John 3:3-7.

Religion is going to church, performing the traditions, and thinking that you have eternal life. When you invite His Spirit to live within you, you will have eternal life - because He is eternal life.

"But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers, only, deceiving yourselves." Ja 1:22.

2009/7/31 19:17Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Religion Vs Spirituality

Jesus answered and said unto him, (Nicodemus) Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God...Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit...Marvel not that I said unto thee, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN." John 3:3-7.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again , not of corruptible seed , but of incorruptible , by ((((((the Word))))), Logos, of God , which liveth and abideth for ever .

Notice by whom we are born again, "the Logos of God".

Who is the Logos?

John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God , and the Word was God . The same was in the beginning with God . All things were made by him ; and without him was not any thing made that was made . In him was life ; and the life was the light of men .

Three times in the first verse, "Logos".

We are born again by the Christ of God, The Word Himself.

That is; "Christ in you the hope of Glory".

Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily.

How are we perfect? By who's working in us?

In Christ, the Mystery: Phillip

2009/7/31 21:43Profile
sscr01

Re:

Amen!!!

2009/7/31 21:57Profile
JoanM

Re: Who is working in us.

And amen again, Christinyou!

I had just posted something similar on the thread [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=29975&forum=45]Why is God relational?[/url]. It is packed with verses related to your focus here.

Oh that we would know Who is in us! And know Him more. The mystery of the fullness of God, three in one. I rarely read or hear people speak focused on the whole Truth of this. Clarity on this could help stop the current abuse of the Holy Spirit and of course much else. Both Jesus, the Son of man, and the disciples related differently to the Holy Spirit than we do in these days.

I always pay attention whether logos has been used in the Greek scripture, when the English translation is "word." Rev.12: 11 is truly awesome, for example.

2009/7/31 22:31Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Rejoice and again I say rejoice, for we have a new person in us. Jesus Christ is now our life and we live it by His Faith that is in us, rejoice God has put His Son in all believers. "Christ in you the Hope of Glory, "Christ life is the life we now live, by the power of God in Christ Jesus and Him in us.
What a glory, "Christ in a person", His Spirit overwhelming our spirit that our minds might be conformed to the Image of Christ while we are still on this earth and beyond, ever learning by the Holy Spirit Teacher Jesus Asked of the Father and The Father has sent Him into our hearts to speak the things Christ wants us to hear by our comforter Parakleet, Teacher, who will show all things that Christ has said for our upbuilding and the full embodiment of The Church His body. In whom we are all baptized in One Spirit, the Spirit of Christ in us.

What a glorious thought the greatest blessing any believer could have, even the desire of His own heart that we don't understand, that desire is to love Christ and the Father and believe and let the Holy Spirit lead us into greater and greater things of God, now and through eternity.

Lead us into love and righteousness and sanctification and wisdom and redemption to the fullest. For God in Christ Jesus has made us to be all these things.

A new life in us, a new Brother and heir of God with Christ Jesus and can even call The Father of Jesus Christ our Father. What a special and peculiar family to be in. Born again of the Spirit, getting our minds renewed to the Mind of Christ and God the Holy Spirit sealing us into our position as son's of God in Christ Jesus

What Grace, what truth, what unfathomable riches and truth of who God in Christ has become to the believer lead by the Holy Spirit. "I and the Father are One and I am in Him and He is in me, I in you and even the Father as One with the Son, the Father is in us too and a Fathers nature can only come by Him birthing that child, which he has done in all believers who are called. Truly It is, "Christ in you the hope of Glory" and us in Him and the Father and the Holy Spirit, what a miracle salvation truly is, and how blessed we are to be in Christ.

It is endless what God in Christ Jesus has done and is doing in us that are his son's and daughters.

How can words describe the pure glory and wonderfulness of our salvation. Father give us words to speak that we might show the world this great salvation, called of the Father. The Holy Spirit can only reveal this kind of living Logos, Spirit filled living Word coming from Gods Children to the lost world.

There just is not enough words to articulate this great Love and Salvation and Christ and God the Father and the Holy Spirit being given to us forever, who are called Christ-ones, Christians, that is not enough either. Oh, God help us, help us, I become less and less and you become more and more until that day.

Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM.

In Christ: Phillip

2009/8/1 3:01Profile
sscr01

Re:

And, someday soon He will come for us and take us home.

Did you know that God is pouring out His Spirit all over the world? In Nigeria there are Christian meetings of 2 million strong, in China they do not have enough pastors, in Israel there are over 180 Messianic congregations, in Iran, Muslims are having dreams and visions of Christ and are coming to Him, in Cuba God is pouring out His Spirit, and in South America.

2009/8/1 8:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy