SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Faith Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
passerby

Re:

I hope that the higher courts will have a more benevolent treatment of the couple. 25 years is unthinkable, the case is very much more complicated than it appears. I don't know how many children do this couple has, how difficult is the ordeal they are passing right now.

I don't know what is in the minds of the leaders of these groups regarding his case, but I wish that their ranks will be better protected from extrabiblical leaps of faith. I know that this is rather a very complicated belief issue to tackle especially if one perceives that his eternal destiny is at stake.

Perhaps by prayers, patience, kindness, diligent study of related issues, and with sincere efforts we will be able to reach our brethren who are suffering from extremism and from their very weak and oppressive concience.

Basing on medical science, it will take years to repair a pathologically tender conscience if they will ever be, patience is really needed in rehabilitating these people.

2009/8/4 5:52Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

It comes down to personal conviction and/or choice when it comes to the "trust God" (or) go the doctor route( for healing)...Liberty or legalism. As No one can tell others what to do in their situation! It is between them and God! As to Wether they trust God implicitly for Divine heaLING (OR) TRUST TO THE PHYSICIAN. ( King Asa chose to trust the physicians for his own foot ailment and consequently he died) But as for us 21st century folks - and Where we go wrong in this whole schmozzle of God and doctors is we often try to tell people what they should be doing! And thus we interfere with there faith, as such! If a man has FAITH let him have it to HIMSELF ( paul said to the Romans) And IF HE doesn't have faith to trust God implicitly for his ailment. And chooses to go the doctor route instead. That is still there choice, to make! And such people also in no way deserve to be cencored, or belittled for not trusting in God, to heal them! Job said though he slay me, yet will i trust him! Job just resigned himself to God (so to speak) and if God healed him, he healed him! But if not. Then i will still place all of my trust in him. But that was his choice! Without peer pressure or conformity - pressing in on him! (from the crowd or group) so-to-speak!!!!

2009/8/4 6:04Profile
passerby

Re:

In relation to the last post by 'sonofthunder' these verses came to my mind:

Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Rom 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

1Co 8:11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

1Co 8:12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

2009/8/4 6:31Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I agree brother that many have gone to the extreme on this issue, but what I would consider to be extreme is that many Christians are putting their lives in the hands of physicians without praying about it. This definetly is a extreme postion for a Christian because it is trusting in the arm of the flesh.

Whatever we do, as Christians we need to be trusting God in every realm of our lives, and this includes the physical. If Obama and nancy Pelosi get their way with this government run health care plan, the time could come when it might not be so easy to even see a doctor, and you might not have a choice of which doctor you see.

Mike

2009/8/4 7:38Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Faith Healing

Hey everyone,

I do not know what makes a person go to such an extreme but I know that I (we) are not called to hop on the bandwagon of condemnation against these people but to pray for God's will to be done.

I did want to pose a question to some... if Obama's health bill passes we'll all be living by [b]EXTREME[/b] faith. So who is to really say what is extreme now will not be the norm when you can't get anyone to look at you?

Listen to this video, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmmiwHw8bNg]Betsy McCaughey Exposes Obama Healthcare Lies[/url]. This is what I got from it...

They will use "comparative effectiveness research" for denying care. How? The average cost of treatment divided by the number of years the patient is likely to benefit from the treatment. The elderly has a denominator problem = AGE!

There is so much more that they've lied to us about in this bill. Only if you meet strict guidelines can you keep your medical insurance which means, hardly anyone will be able to!

Oh yeah, read page 425 of the bill, cause if this bill passes they will have to erect a statue to Dr. Kevorkian. God help us all.

2009/8/4 13:33Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

HeartSong wrote:

Quote:

I have asked the Lord not to heal me until the vanity issue is resolved. I would rather have a red blotchy face than a dark heart and if I die from it I will have gained everything, for I will then have all of Him.

Praise the Lord. May your heart be set straight. Blessings my friend. :-)

2009/8/4 13:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
For what it is worth, the Lord has gotten me to a place that I do not intend to seek medical help unless He leads me to it.

It's easy to say that about your face, but if you've ever had a kidney stone, you don't wait around for God to do something, you get help immediately. The pain is unbelievably excruciating, and I thank God for pain killers. If someone stabbed you with a knife or shot you in the leg, would you run to your prayer closet and bleed to death while your waiting for God to stop the bleeding?

There have been rare cases that God instantly will intervene, but in most cases He has placed the skill of Doctoring in the world to be used. Where do you think the idea for Penicillin originated from? Do you think the devil would try to help the world by saving some people by offering a formula to a scientist? The devils business is to Rob, Kill and Destroy. He hates humanity in which Christ died for and paid for with His precious blood.
Quote:
9 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearingg seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is lifeh, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

There is a lot of uses you can do with Herbs. Tonics, elixirs, bitters.

We view the Dandelion as a weed, yet we can practically consume the whole plant, even the root. It acts as a natural blood thinner, lowers high blood pressure and gives the sense of overall well being and the flowers are made into an elixir that aids in digestion.

God has given us a pharmacy right in our back yards. There is even an herbal remedy for your condition.

"Whatsoever a woman thinketh so is she"

2009/8/4 16:53
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Always remember in true "biblical times" of old! The people got help for there ailment straight away! ( genereally speaking ) healing was as much an act of mercy as it was ( Having faith in who - Jesus was )
You always have to look at the context of the time the people lived in - and the settting of that day! In order to be scripturally contextual!
For EXAMPLE: JESUS WAS A MINISTER (OF) AND (TO) THE CIRCUMCISION, TO CONFIRM THE PROMISES ORIGINALLY MADE TO THE FATHERS! NOW THAT MAKES LITTLE SENSE UNTIL YOU REALIZE (CONTEXTUALLY SPEAKING) THAT ORIGINALLY Jesus turned down the syrophynecian's request for deliverance of her sick daughter (WHO HAD A Devil) REMEMBERING Jesus was not sent BUT to the lost sheep of the house of Israel ( the circumcision, JEWS ) AND SO Jesus said "No" to her request! AND WHY? he was sent ONLY TO Israel ....aND this by the way jettisons the whole DEBATE OF THE SEPTUAGINT ( YOU SAY WHY, AND HOW SO ) ??

IT IS Easy to answer that: the syrophenician woman was excluded until the gentiles were grafted In. Salvation was of the jews (first) (not Greeks) later the gentiles were to be -- graffed in, as we know, along with the new testament!! So Of what purpose, and to what purpose then is the septaugint to greeks who really didn't care - nor could it help them anyway ( salvation wise ) Salvation came to the WORLD by Jesus christ and his cross( And not before) Therefore playing around with a septuagint, would have been just exactly that, just playing around, as it could not save or avail them, until the gentiles were grafted into the vine!!! For God so loved the WORLD. Now THAT MIGHT SEEM LIKE IM CHASING RABBITS, BUT NONETHELESS IT IS IMPORTANT TO PUT EVERYTHING INTO CONTEXT, aND THIS IS -- WHY I SAID IT!

2009/8/4 20:33Profile
HeartSong

Re:

This morning when I woke up, my face was all but healed. I have been praising the Lord all day long. Thank you, everyone who prayed - may He bless you greatly.

DeepThinker, I do not have all of the answers, all that I know is what the Lord has shown me. After my accident one doctor said that my wrist was crushed - by the time I got to the next doctor all that was necessary was to pull my wrist back into place and put a cast on it. The only pain that I felt was the shot they insisted on giving me for the pain that I did not have and the pain that resulted from my circulation being cut off by the cast.

When I have a charlie horse in my leg or foot I pray and it goes away. When I ask the Lord to show me what the cause is for this, or that, He usually shows me and I make the adjustment.

Quote:
"Whatsoever a woman thinketh so is she"

I do not know what you are saying here, but what I do know is that I love my Lord - and He loves me.

2009/8/5 1:14Profile
robbyk

Madison, WI

Re:

Praise God!

Quote:
This morning when I woke up, my face was all but healed. I have been praising the Lord all day long. Thank you, everyone who prayed - may He bless you greatly.

As I mentioned, I would include a link to my pastor's Sunday sermon when I got it posted [my apologies as I am only slowly learning how to do video]. He talks of fashioning our Fellowship after the Acts model of church as well as a wonderful loving response to the depravity of Madison and finally talks about the healing of one of our saints [Kim announced last Sunday she had a healing: her breast cancer had suddenly disappeared].

Blessings to you all! Robby

Called To Be Saints (2:39) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9vrmS5vhSQ

The Acts Model Of Church (9:16) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhcaocZhcDo

2009/8/5 4:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy