SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Am I saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

As probably the least knowledgeable member here, I hesitate to give you an answer, but I'll tell you what I experienced.

The first step was the repentance of my sins, and then the turning away from the sinful practices I enjoyed, or most of them as it turned out. The Spirit draws you, but we must make the first physical move. Ezekiel 36: 25-27 shows the three actions of regeneration, the washing, a new heart, and then the indwelling of His Spirit. God's work begins after our sincere repentance. In my case, I "felt" better, perhaps the washing, or maybe I felt better because of the step of repentance. But the filthiness and idols were still there.

I continued seeking and praying to the Lord, and for a hard two weeks I fought. Ignorant me, I thought I was saved. Maybe I was, but buffeted by all the forces around, and to a breaking point, I told God that no matter what, I wouldn't go back to what I was. And then He gave me the new heart and His Spirit. And He really started showing me my problem areas!

This past seven months have had enormous highs and very deep lows. I've learned that no matter my feelings, I am a servant of the Lord. And I judge myself by the fruit of the Spirit I see in my life, and by the deeds of the flesh that are always lurking, waiting for a chance to be given room to fester in my heart by my natural man.

I learned that my adversary is quick to accuse, and try to convince me I was never born again. But when I look at the old me and the new creature in Christ, I know who I am and Who I belong to.

I hope this helps. It's probably full of doctrinal flaws, but it's what Christ has taught me so far. God's blessings to you. Don

2009/7/30 20:20Profile

Re:

Nowhining that is a great testimony, i encourage you to speak more, we all were without knowledge without christ so you have as much right as anyone.From all the testimonies i have truly heard it seems that taken in the context of scripture that when the unconverted comes to his end and with all of himself surrenders his life to christ and believes on him for salvation he will be saved. True and all out surrender and repentance towards christ and believe on jesus until he saves you. I believe that you will know that your saved, if you don't know then how should we ever know. Does God instantly save us when we believe the gospel, according to his word if you believe you will be saved, but we must remember the context of scripture a life must be wanting of turning away from his old lifestyle. Christ can save you just as you our right now but if you still want to be apart of the world and hold onto your sins i do not know if he can save us like that, but read scripture and like the fellow said earlier believe the promises.

2009/7/31 1:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy