SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Can nonchristians be told about this website

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JesusLoves

Can nonchristians be told about this website

We had a guest the other day- Official- During conversation the topic changed to christ and salvation...

This person is a hindu and had so many questions... From previous experiences with other people I realized it was best to talk less and listen more.

By the grace of GOd we were prompted to put on a dvd - 'How great is our God'. by Louis Giglio
One sentence from this video goes this way
"...still you are marked by Majesty"
After watching this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfNiZrt5FjU&feature=related

and another dvd of Nick Vujicic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LtCrlXdd2E

he was touched in a way that cannot be expressed.

MY query is 'Can he be directed to this website to know more about christ'

MY fear is 'if he comes to this website -sees the controversies we have, will it hinder his search for the true God.

He is still searching, but it looks like he has realized that the God we serve is far greater than man can ever imagine. That davinci code and other theories and questions is NOT THE BIG DEAL IN LIFE.

Meanwhile, let us pray for this soul to yield to christ and not be deceived by the craftiness of the devil

2009/7/29 15:29Profile

Re: Can nonchristians be told about this website

Quote:
MY fear is 'if he comes to this website -sees the controversies we have, will it hinder his search for the true God.

Yes it would!

I wouldn't send him here until he is first grounded in Christ. However, I would send him to [url=http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/home_page.php]Zac Poonen[/url] website. To know another East Indian who came out of Hinduism is encouraging.

However, you are a light to him, continue listening to his questions and by the grace of God I pray that you have an answer for all of them. God Bless.

2009/7/29 15:43
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I wouldn't send him here until he is first grounded in Christ. However, I would send him to Zac Poonen website. To know another East Indian who came out of Hinduism is encouraging.

These are wise words. Someone unaccustomed to our ‘shop talk’ and quirks may misunderstand the Gospel. He needs to learn how it relates to his life perceptions, cultural background, and so forth - not just to our western-isms, and (for us on SI), our discontent with the modern church.

Yet, we can never underestimate the power of God who uses even the most unexpected of contexts.

Thank you for asking this question, JL. It makes me realize that I should be more sensitive to what I write. After all, many are looking over our shoulder – including God!

DT, I think Zac Poonen is an excellent suggestion – especially for someone who is a careful and deep thinker - and welcomes the suggestion.

Perhaps one way you can build trust is to show an interest in his life, his values, etc by allowing him to share without fear of being put down.

Diane

2009/7/29 17:43Profile
JesusLoves

Re:

Thankyou Diane-Thankyou Deep Thinker for the insight. He has gone back to India after a short visit to the USA.

Diane, you said to build trust....I do not know him or be able to keep in touch as he came here for an official visit to my husbands office.Met him by chance- we invited him home for dinner. It was God ordained-
In life's journey someone sows-someone else waters-and God gives the growth.

He did mention he had a bad experience with some christians and conversion. I told him this was not about conversion, but a relationship with the creator of the whole universe.

Deep Thinker, i will try to pass on the website of Zac Poonen to him.

2009/7/30 22:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here are 2 great websites to direct him to:

www.hedied.net

www.readthegospel.com

2009/7/30 22:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy