SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : prayer for my spiritual condition

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

prayer for my spiritual condition

I need prayer once again, 2 weeks ago i felt as if the lord had given me some faith back in my life , not saving faith but it was some faith but then i fell into sin again this past week with sexual immorality and just being disobedient to Gods voice again and my heart has been hardened again, and i am having a hard time believing my faith that i once had. I am again scared because the lord isn't coming back to help me and my tries to have faith have failed again. I feel if i severely sin one more time that the lord will give me over to a reprobrate mind and never be able to want to cry out to him again for mercy, but totally disbelieve.I hope 2nd peter ch. 2 and hebrews ch. 6 our not coming for real in my life. I know that many our sick of me and my pity party but i am still struggling and i only know the true believers to pray for me until i am either saved or restored by the lord, i don't want to go to hell. Please pray for me.I hate being a burden or anything but i really am struggling. Also i wanted to let everyone know that i do have another name bible1985 but the only reason i am not using it is because my parents computer is down and my password was saved on it and i can't remember it but i remember my old one bible4life, so you know this is john and i am not trying to play mind games i just don't remember my password for the one i usually use. So i am sorry for the confusion.

2009/7/29 2:17
HeartSong

Re: prayer for my spiritual condition

You are not a burden John. I will be praying. If you want the Lord, He will find you - He loves you.

2009/7/29 2:41Profile

Re:

thank you heartsong

2009/7/29 3:11
JesusLoves

Come for prayer as many times as you need. Only request is -'never quit'. Dust yourself by confessing and forsaking -get up and keep going.
Above all to encourage yourself -remember we were purchased with the precious blood of the Lamb of God- Jesus Christ.

Watch this powerful video and life will never be the same again.Listen to him say - "What do you do when you fall down? You get up. But what should I do - if I try 100 times and still cannot and give up do you think I will ever get up....see the rest -He loves Jesus.

Did it touch you -How- Write atleast a line or two -more all the better. Share your views-it will motivate others in different circumstances to get up.

The power of a life surrendered to Chrsit!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agetT6qKpA8

2009/7/29 14:24Profile

I have to say brother that your words are very foolish.

Quote:
"I am scared because the LORD isn't coming back to help me".

Why should He?

He has made the provision, now He expects us to walk in the Spirit.

The promise is this, Draw nigh unto me and I'll draw nigh unto you. Plain and simple isn't? But we want Him to come and take us by the hand and lead us out of our Egypt. Well, the door is open for that, the Red Sea has been parted, Jordan has been dried up.

There is no struggle brother. Two powers are working in your body, the lust that is in your flesh and the holy Spirit and both have their eye on you for ownership, the real struggle is, which will you serve?

I know what your talking about because I have told you before and I will tell you again, I have the same past. But I had to learn the hard way, I had no one to tell me what I am telling you. God is not mocked whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap. If we sow to the flesh we shall reap separation from God, but if we sow to the Spirit we shall have fellowship divine. So which is it?

Your fears are noted concerning a reprobate mind. Now I want to set your fears at rest here concerning this. Your not in danger of falling into that trap. A person who knows the truth, they KNOW the truth (you do not), they have once walked in that truth, they've been where most have not, but something entered their lives where they were unwilling to repent of. God constantly dealing with them their conscience being seared with a hot iron no longer can detect the conviction of the holy Spirit. Your foundation is shaky, you don't even know who you are in Christ Jesus let alone know the truth. That doesn't mean that you go out and sin, God forbid, but don't fret over scripture that doesn't apply to you right now.

Repent again for what you've done, and you may not feel that anything has taken place, but God has a way of dealing with each and every one of us. With you, He needs to deal with you with this feeling of separation, you need to know that because your too flighty, your looking to feel God all the time and that is simply not going to happen. Yes, there are times we do sense His presence, but if your constantly looking for it, be warned the enemy can come in and pull a fast one over you and you'll think that is God.

Now if your afraid of going to hell because of what you've done, GOOD! If you've made vows to the LORD, repent of those as well and don't make them again. I guarantee you, you'll never keep them, no one can. There is a lust that is in your flesh that needs to be dealt with and the Holy Spirit has had 2000 years of practise with men who had problems with removing them out of their lives. Yield to Him.

How do I yield to Him? You yield to Him by stop resisting what He's doing and begin by His grace resist the devil. so that you can witness the promise of God in that he will flee from you. Temptation comes in many ways, thank God for temptation, they'll either make you or break you. And IF you sin again, repent immediately, don't fret, don't allow condemnation or pity parties to set in, unload it immediately, you and I were never meant to carry our sins, only the Christ, Jesus our LORD has that power to overcome this flesh and He will do it in you and through you.

I want you to begin to thank Him for all that He is doing in your life. Thank Him even for the temptations and thank Him for who you are with all your frailty and sin. He is our sin bearer so He has seen it all before nothing is new to Him. Everyday take a walk somewhere and just talk to Him and thank Him, after awhile you'll be amazed as to how these things that your so called struggling with becomes less and less, until we pick it up again, we have that power, but Paul said that he learned to put his body under submission, of course that took quite a long time, nothing is mastered over night.

I mean to be harsh brother, I mean to be firm. You don't need a soft hand and tender words, you need to be taught the elementary things of God so you can grow thereby, so you can know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you belong to Jesus Christ.

He loves you, believe that He does with all your heart.

2009/7/29 18:07
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Brother you seem to be not the only one having this problem.Many many saints of all times had that sort of struggle(I am one of them).What I am about to say to you is from my expierience:He is "the One who is able to keep you from falling,and to cause you to stand, rejoicing, without blemish before his glorious presence."Jude 1:24. I don't know how He does it but HE is able to keep you...and He will!Just as HE is keeping the multitudes of others who put their trust in Him. Now after you confessed it all submit yourself to Him and trust His Word. The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from their trials...2Pe 2:9. The battle is the Lord's my brother.We may have no idea of how to win but HE knows... how to rescue..and how to keep us from falling. I pray that you have faith to fully trust your Heavenly Father with it all.

2009/7/29 20:40Profile

Re:

Thank you guys for being honest and loving and being here for me. My friend robert told me our God is omniscient and knows everything i am going through and that he will not let his children be forsaken.It did encourage me but i need to makesure i am saved, but God bless you guys, i am going to watch that video the brother posted.

2009/7/29 22:38

Re:

oh brother that was unbelievable, thank you so much. your a blessing, i am listening to more of his stuff, it is lifechenging. I have to post this for the brothers and sisters, or one of his videos.

2009/7/30 4:18
JoanM

Re: God loves bible4life

In case you did not notice the thread just above this one tonight (Articles and Sermons-Torrey on answered prayer), This sure seemed relevant to me. Midway through the first post is:

[u]Quote[/u]: Even when I had [b]wandered far from God[/b], and had definitely decided that I would not accept Jesus Christ, I still prayed every night. Even when I had come to a place where I doubted that the Bible was the Word of God, and that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, and even doubted that there was a personal God, nevertheless, I prayed every night. I am glad that I was brought up that way, and that the habit of prayer was so instilled into me that it became permanent, [b]for it was through that habit that I came back out of the darkness of agnosticism into the clear light of an intelligent faith in God and His Word.[/b] Nevertheless, prayer was largely a mere matter of form. There was little real thought of God, and no real approach to God. And even after I was converted, yes, even after I had entered the ministry, prayer was largely a matter of form. But the day came when I realized what real prayer meant, realized that prayer was having an audience with God, actually coming into the presence of God and asking and getting things from Him. And the realization of that fact transformed my prayer life. Before that, prayer had been a mere duty, and sometimes a very irksome duty, but from that time on prayer has been not merely a duty but a privilege, one of the most highly esteemed privileges of life.

Talk about persistent even when blind and wandering far. I'd say Mr. Torrey suggests persistent prayer. Even I have reasons to believe, dear Mr. Bible for [b]Life[/b] :-) God loves you, is close, and reaching out even.

2009/7/30 6:03Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Self-righteousness is not just when we think we are so good that we are saved; it is also when we think we are so bad that we cannot be saved.

Any method of judging ourselves strictly by our works and concluding that we must be either saved or unsaved is a form of self-righteousness. There is only one way of righteousness and that is by the imputed righteousness of God through Jesus Christ:

Rom 3:21 "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."

Do not judge yourself by your works, my friend, but rather judge yourself like this: "Do I believe in the name of the Son of God, Jesus Christ? Do I believe that He has died on the cross for my sins? Do I believe that He rose from the dead? Do I believe that He loves me and gave Himself for me?" The Bible says: "Whosoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God." (1 John 5:1) "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Gal 2:16) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." (John 5:24)

Believe the gospel, John. You are a sinner who deserves hell, but Jesus is the Christ who saves sinners by His death, that all who believe may receive the free gift of eternal life - a gift of grace, which you could never, ever, ever earn!

God bless you,
-Eli

2009/7/30 11:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy