SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : a question about my christian friend

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

a question about my christian friend

My christian friend has commited a sin in which he slept with an unbeliever and now she is pregnant, and he doesn't know what to do now and he is scared and doesn't want to make a mistake again. He plans on getting an apartment and moving in with her, he wants to marry her but she doesn't want to right now. Also the biggest of all she is staying at his moms house with him in the same bed, and they were habitually committing sexual immorality together for a year.He knows what he did was wrong but now shes pregnant and he is still thinking it is o.k to move in with her. He makes the reasons that because he is partially blind that he needs someone to drive him back and forth and also some of his christian friends would not let him move in with them, he said thats why he didn't leave his moms house even though we told him that she should be leaving his moms house. What should happen here and what can i tell him, he already feels terrible.

2009/7/28 0:03
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: a question about my christian friend

Quote:
bible4life wrote:
He knows what he did was wrong but now shes pregnant and he is still thinking it is o.k to move in with her....
What should happen here and what can i tell him, he already feels terrible.

[i] What should happen here?[/i] What ever your friend wants to happen.
[i] What can I tell him?[/i] Nothing that, I'm sure, you haven't already shared with him.

Who is it that convicts people? That's right, the Holy Spirit. If your friend is saved, then this past year he has felt the convicting power of the Holy Spirit and he decided to give a deaf ear to it.

I'm sure he feels terrible, his sins have been brought to the light. I know what I just said sounds hard hearted but years ago, when I was a young Christian and sleeping with my boyfriend; I felt terrible too especially when half the church found out. God has a way of making us feel terrible when just the day before... we didn't!

Brother, there is nothing you can do for him; feeling terrible isn't the same as repentance. But you [b]ARE[/b] free to pray for him, his child and the child's mother.

2009/7/28 0:27Profile

Re:

Thanks, i just don't want to see him fall into another sin in which he gets worse and falls away even more. The people at Bible study that he and me go to, told him to first find out about this girls faith and then if she says shes a believer than to marry her , then move in with her and committ.

2009/7/29 0:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy