SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christianity & Republicanism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
anonymity

Re:

Ginny,

Yeah, I have a very hard time trusting politicians and man in general. Not only do I have a problem with being suspicious, but I have a problem even finding much reason to believe them other then words and a smile most the time. It's a hard thing to study a person especially many and would be more then a full time job to figure out. I guess though as we grow as Christians our discernment strengthens as you mentioned with the mud slinging sign. Also, we might learn in part by their voting record or their "actions". I will say though that I tend to trust Huckabee and Palin. A lot of this time though it is not hard for bible believing Christians to tell who is a legit Christian since often the politicians throwing out a Christian label are aiming at the nominal Christians and very rarely do you see a politicians who holds strong Christian views.

2009/7/22 9:13Profile
anonymity

Re:

Taylor,

Well are there rules to how much the government can tax? Or I mean we function as a whole. For instance if one state suffers like with Katrina the other states help out. So also if one person suffers then the others help. I do believe that much stronger restrictions should be placed on those who receive welfare and what not to sift the true from the false. Or think of the early Church who held all things in common. I'm not fully advocating equality, but I am asking is it not just to take care of the poor is this not a law. It was written in Leviticus to do so not as a free will but a command. Or I have heard it said why take from the rich who work for it and give to the lazy poor. But, are there not rich who have gotten there unjustly and also just sit luxuriously on the money and never give and poor who labor continuously and get nowhere. Even many will say of homeless people they are there because they want to be, but many are there because of mental or health or other problems. Will we as Christians be found less merciful, compassionate, and understanding then liberals?

2009/7/22 9:18Profile
anonymity

Re:

AlivetoGod,

so I think you are referencing the NWO things and a change in the lack of liberties being a move toward it and in order to understand that this is going on we have to hear from God. Is this what you are saying?

One thought I do have with changes in government even some amendments to how things were in the past is that we are living in many ways a different world then we were back then. We have so many metropolitan areas and higher populations ect and so greater measures have to be taken to secure things. It is not like there are just some small towns and pistols. There are now bombs and toxic chemicals and our enemies live within our borders it is not like we live in gated kingdoms. Think of how easy it is for a man to place a bomb anonymously in some densely populated events, or think of how easy it is for human traffickers to abduct sex slaves into their basements, or a number of things. I am not saying to take all our liberty away, but I also think there are reasonable advances that need to be undertook. Bigger government and internationalization does not mean necessarily that it is the anti Christ this can also be a natural thing that man seeks to undertake within rational boundaries.

2009/7/22 9:26Profile
anonymity

Re:

Thingsabove,

yes I think I have heard Levin on the radio before and really liked a lot that he had to say. I will also say in light of that that I think many republicans, constitutionalists, or libertarians to have extremes just like many theological parties do and am trying to sift between them in what is right and what is extreme.

2009/7/22 9:27Profile

Re:

Glad to hear it. Now will you read his book? And if and when you do please pm me and let me know what you think of the information in the book. Thanks, John

2009/7/22 10:40
all4Christ

Re:

Quote:

Alive-to-God wrote:
Quote:
He does not take an oath to protect the American people? I am pretty sure that the Constitution's purpose is to protect the American people.

The Constitution was suspended in 1933. Have you ever watched Aaron Russo's [i]America - Freedom to Fascism[/i]? I would highly reccomend it as well as any info from www.hopeforamerica.info
Hope for America Ministries
P.O. Box 11960
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
1-800-959-1991
and www.warnthepeople.org.

2009/7/22 12:16Profile
anonymity

Re:

Thingsabove,

I probably wont read something as extensive as a book nor do I think I want to pay for it. I have studied somewhat of a good amount already. I just had a couple specific questions as I have posted. If there is an article or something for free I may check it out.

2009/7/22 12:27Profile
anonymity

Re:

AllforChrist,

Yeah I've seen it.

2009/7/22 12:28Profile

Re:

"extensive as a book",....Do you know how that sounds? Also I am sure you can borrow it from a friend or get it at a library.

Anyhow, if we read the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, And go to the library and read the Federalists papers this will be sufficient to give all of us a strong understanding of the original intent of the founders.

2009/7/22 14:09
anonymity

Re:

Thingsabove,

In saying extensive as a book it was in context to I have already studied somewhat well on the subject and only had a few specific questions. Not to say that books are so extensive in and of themselves but that I didn't want to read some "as" extensive as a book do to motivational factors.

As for the library thing that is a good idea I didn't think of that and actually may check it out since I was in one today and will soon be again and let you know if so.

2009/7/23 0:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy