SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : power of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Ole

power of God

I am a bit tired of living on my own resources, can someone explain to how I get to live by Gods power?

Ole

2009/7/20 9:58Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: power of God

Recognize that HE is AlMighty and Sovereign;
give HIM HIS rightful place as Sovereign
LORD of your heart and life; rely upon HIM
to enable you and empower you to walk and
live in HIS Spirit!

2009/7/20 10:15Profile
Ole

Re:

Thanks

how have you experienced yourself?

found this

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=310&commentView=itemComments

Ole

2009/7/20 10:50Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Ole,

The way I see it is like this:

Everything that was, is or will be is of God. He made it for His Glory and to serve His purpose. The computer you used to post your comment is God's. The Electricity that powers that computer is God's power.

If you acknowledge this and stay aware of it, you will be living in His power. If not for Him you would not be.

All the unsaved people gain the benefit of God's sunshine and rain but they do not give Him the Glory and Praise for it.

Make it your joyful duty to Praise Him for all things as you go throughout the day and you will soon come to see you are living by His power not your own.

Trying to explain it in mere words makes me feel ignorant but just try spending as much time as you can praising God through Jesus and you will feel Him. The closer you move to God the more of Himself He will reveal to you.

Right now, I praise Jesus for the opportunity to try and explain how wonderful it feels to always have a song of praise in my heart. I picked a song, 'Holy, Holy, Holy' and committed it to memory. I wake up with the words of that song in my head. "Early in the morning, my song will rise to Thee." As I prepare meals, I am singing Praise to God. If sad/ ugly thoughts try to fill my mind, I sing Praise to God and they are drowned out. I, also, reject evil thoughts in Jesus name.

Please, try it and let me know what you experience.

Kindest regards,
white stone

2009/7/20 11:14Profile
JoanM

It is a bit difficult to understand your statement and question Ole. ["I am a bit tired of living on my own resources, can someone explain to how I get to live by Gods power?"]

One confusing thing is that on another thread you offer help to others via "seven steps to revival". Does this mean that you took those seven steps and found them ineffective? did you stop at some step? was whatever you were looking for not the "revival" addressed there.

I take it that you know you are part of the all things upheld by the word of His power (Heb. 1:3), so maybe you don't really mean "live by" God's power.

Is it Phil. 3:10, Gal. 2:20 you look for? I am trusting you are not talking "more power for doing your thing."

Many people speak very simply: First you get to die by God's power, then you get to live by His power. I would never use the words "get too". Sometime it seems the death of self is slipped past in the rush for Holy Spirit power of God (like touching a plate on the way around bases to get to home plate). Not recommended. It is not until a testator is dead that there is any power in his testimony, that his goods can be dispersed if you will. Like He told disciples that were already following Him, "Follow me."

It is a difficult time being filled with yourself and pressing to be filled with the Spirit of God. Lots of storms and ups and downs that can exhaust one.

[b]Your turn Oli, what do you mean?[/b]

2009/7/20 16:19Profile

Re:

I like White_Stone and Joan's answers, much wisdom there. I think sister Joan probably dials in to the truth when she talks about the death of the testator. It is all abour brokenness and one cannot produce their own brokenness. One is typically forced to surrender. Vey rarely does one volunteer for the trials and tribulations that lead to brokenness. A lady once said to me "I want what your mother has." I looked at the Lady and the Spirit said within me, "No she does not." My other walks in a peace that surpasses understanding having come through years of trials and tribulations, and most of them she could have gotton out of on a technicality. Yet,she chose to stay within the fire until beckoned out by God. Can you ask this day for your Heavenly Father to do "whatever it takes," to take you to this place? Can you rejoice in your sufferings? Do you understand that He, and He alone is our exceeding great reward and arise every day like White_Stone with a song in your heart. Maybe you can and maybe you have and maybe you are in the midst of it, but that is the only path that I know to walk in the power of God, the path of complete surrender and that is proved by our attitudes in the midst of severe trial............brother Frank

PS If we can smile in the midst of the severest storm, just think how you can walk in the sunshine.

2009/7/20 17:29
Ole

Re:

Concerning Derek Princes message, well, I did not hear it through since my health situation was not as in I could follow through if you understand, was a good beginner, but could not follow through.

about dieing, I have done that for years now, but lack the rest, being raised up. What you have to understand is this, because of my church background, I have almost nothing to stand on, they gave me nothing.

Ole

2009/7/21 0:53Profile
Ole

Re:

if you can do that, then wow, I cant, but I have been broken several times, so I know what that is about

Ole

2009/7/21 0:57Profile

Re:

cry out to God with all your heart and beg Jesus to come and take over all of you. Scream from all your might. It is his grace and his hand that does this , he is their waiting, fall to your face and scream to him he will come. I just recently did this and he did come. I screamed with all my might brother, with all your might, all of you beg him and cry until he comes, and believe he will come most importantly.Also lay aside any of the ideas you have that god is going to do for you and what you want, let him decide how he is going to use you.

2009/7/21 1:06
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Ole,

If you are a child of God, then you are a new creation in Christ Jesus. You are in Christ, and Christ is living in you.

Living on my own resources means that you are living on your own strength. You are living by your will power, your brain power, and self is still very much in control.

As believers in Jesus Christ we have been called to live by the life of Another. Christ is to be our life, and we must see the truth in Galatians 2:20 that it is no longer I that lives, but Christ lives in me. Now the last part of that verse says that I live by the faith of the Son of God. Dying to self, and surrender to God is just half of the equation. Our responsibility is to live by faith in Jesus Christ. Everything that we lack is to be found in Him. He has been made unto us wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. (1Corinthians 1:30). That means that Christ is now my wisdom. He is my righteousness. Jesus Christ is my holiness. He is my redemption. All that He is has been given freely to us by His grace and is to be appropriated by faith.

Mike

2009/7/21 1:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy