SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Christian Heresies

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Christian Heresies

Quote:
Leo_Grace wrote:
Because of this unbecoming spirit of pride and ridicule, two brothers have decided to refrain from further contributions, and others have expressed their disgust in earlier posts.

leo,
I know that iron sharpens iron but it's just a shame when one person can detract from a thread.

And yes, Walter, I am speaking of you, hopefully in the love of Christ. I see your giftedness with the Scriptures but brother, it is for naught when it turns you on your brethren in Christ.

I speak this in love... God is gracious but in the majority of your threads, you are not (my point for saying this is that we are to bear the image of the earthy [b]AS WE bear the image of the heavenly[/b]).

And it seems that you are oblivious to the fact that people on SI give you respect when they know that none will be given to them in return.

Walter, I, in no way am trying to run you off; I hope you don't think I am but I truly believe this to be a sad testimony/legacy of someone who says they are baptized in the Holy Spirit and even more so because they say they love the Lord.

God bless you, brother

2009/9/12 9:47Profile

Re:

There are some in Protestant circles who deny that there will be any such conversion. One strand of Protestant thought, which at times has been called "replacement theology," holds that since the Church is the New Israel and the inheritor and fulfillment of many Old Testament prophetic.aspirations, it has replaced the Jewish people as the chosen of God in such a way that they now hold no special place in God’s plans. Since they are just like any other people in every respect, they will play no special role in the end times and will experience no corporate conversion to Christ.

Reacting against replacement theology is the Protestant school of thought known as dispensationalism, which began in the first half of the nineteenth century under the impetus of John Nelson Darby. According to dispensationalism, the Church is in no respect (or virtually no respect) a New Israel.

The Church age is, in the classic dispensationalist way of putting it, a "parenthesis" in God’s plan of the ages, which concerns the Jewish people. At the beginning of the Church age, dispensationalists hold, God turned aside from dealing with the Jewish people in order that a (primarily) Gentile Church might be built up. After the Church is taken out of the picture by the Rapture, God will turn back to dealing with the Jewish people.

They will therefore play a key role in the end times. There are many, detailed prophecies yet to be fulfilled concerning them. And one of these is most definitely a corporate conversion of the Jewish nation to Christ, either involving every single Jewish individual alive at the end or at least a sufficient number that the nation as a body can be regarded as Christian.

The two extremes of replacement theology and dispensationalism within Protestantism (and there are middle, moderate positions) sometimes cause problems. Dispensationalists often regard everybody but themselves as advocates of replacement theology and, consequently, as "spiritualizers" of God’s promises to the Jews who do not take these promises—or God’s word in general—seriously.

That is not the case. The Church regards both Jews and Christians as complimentary and overlapping peoples of God. We are both elect. Those Jewish individuals who are also Christians might be regarded as doubly elect, or elect on two grounds. While the Church is the New Israel, this does not obliterate the identity of the Old Israel, nor deprive it from playing any role in God’s plan of the ages. In particular, it does not remove the prophesied conversion of the Jewish people in the last days.

2009/9/19 2:02
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

waltern wrote:
[color=990000][b]This post is a response to the following posters on this thread (Damnable Heresies):

ChrisJD, ADisciple, Deepthinker, Leo, Clarkforest and any others out there who believe that“Israel” has been replaced by the "Church":[/color][/b]

Brother,

I think you need to take a deep breath, and stop assuming things. I am not a proponent of replacement theology, either. Granted, after reading ADisciple's last post, I don't 100% agree with his views on Israel (mind you, I think it might be more a matter of semantics than anything else), but do when it comes to the 1945 restoration not being the prophesied fulfillment.

This does not mean that I am not a premillenialist, but it also does not mean that I am a pretribulationist. As far as scriptural basis for my views, they are touched on in an article I wrote a few years ago [url=http://theocraticfaith.com/articles/theocracy/list/72-the-cleansing-of-the-sanctuary]The Cleansing of the Sanctuary[/url] (the article is here somewhere as well, but I can't find the search function:-().

Perhaps, rather than making verbose posts, you could try asking questions to make sure you know where the people you are [b]dialoguing with[/b] are coming from. Would save you some energy and Greg some server space. ;-)

2009/9/19 9:27Profile

Re:

Quote from Aaron's article -

[i]"This Confessional Church was pivotal amongst those who aided the Jewish people, during the Holocaust. They understood clearly that when Jesus spoke of the "least of his brethren" that first and foremost, his brethren were the descendants of Israel. Many who aided the Jews ended up in concentration camps alongside those that they tried to protect. There are those amongst eschatological commentators who cite this historical fact when claiming that the "Time of Jacob's Trouble" of the Old Testament and the "Great Tribulation" of the New Testament are interlinked, describing Jewish and Christian perspectives of the same ultimate event. Art Katz has often described dreams that some have had where men with balaclavas drag people out of their houses because they are amongst those who love the Jewish people. Consider a scenario where Israelites will suffer extreme persecution, based purely on their ethnicity. How much more will the suffering who associate themselves with such a people, by choice?"[/i]

Truly appreciating page 8 right now.
Thank you!

Edit: from Article - [i]"Leonard Ravenhill was quoted to say, "The prophet is a tragic figure. He suffers for the people, with the people and by the people." [/i]

2009/9/19 12:41
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Nothing says "Jesus" like bickering...

2009/9/19 12:57Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Scroggins wrote:
Nothing says "Jesus" like bickering...