SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Fishers of Men

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Fishers of Men

I got this in an email and it spoke to me..hope it will inspire someone as well..

ginnyrose

Fishers Of Men by Charles H. Spurgeon

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." {Matthew 4:19}
When Christ calls us by his grace we ought to think of what he can make us. It is "Follow me, and I will make you." It is not "Follow me, because of what you are already." It is not "Follow me, because you may make something of yourselves," but "Follow me, because of what I will make you."
It did not seem a likely thing that lowly fishermen would develop into apostles, that men so handy with the net would be quite as much at home in preaching sermons and in instructing converts. One would have said, "How can these things be? You cannot make founders of churches out of peasants of Galilee." But that is exactly what Christ did!
We cannot be fishers of men if we remain in the same element with them. Fish will not be fishers. The sinner will not convert the sinner. The ungodly man will not convert the ungodly man. And what is more to the point, the worldly Christian will not convert the world.

2009/7/11 16:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy