SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Lord My Portion - Watchman Nee

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Friedrick

Nicaragua

The Lord My Portion - Watchman Nee

And the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6.17.

There are many believers who regard themselves as knowing a great deal. They think they can be more than conquerors by knowing many truths. Yet they are defeated again and again in their lives. Though they try with every effort to grasp these truths, they still find themselves helpless. For in the time of battle, the truths they know so well turn out to be like weapons of straw. They weep and shed many tears. Can the truths of God be wrong, or is there something else wrong? Oh, God wants them to see that the Holy Spirit alone can wield the Sword of the Spirit (which is the word and truth of God). For the flesh to use the Sword of the Spirit is like David trying to wear Saul’s armor that was totally unfit for battling Goliath. Although they may well know the truth in their head, these people have not depended on the Holy Spirit to make such their life.

CFP Newsletter & Daily Devotional

2009/7/11 11:42Profile
JoanM

Re: The Lord My Portion - Watchman Nee

I love Nee's daily devotional readings.

In this verse [Eph. 6:17], following salvation, there is a wonderful balance and union of Spirit and Truth.

The Holy Spirit does not wield Himself, or wield miracles, wield fire, wield riches, etc. It is the Word that pierces (if wielded by the Spirit, Word anointed by the Spirit some put it, not the arm of flesh as Nee points out). When preaching the Word does not pierce men in their heart, some turn to teaching in the sense of worldly education, or maybe pounding. Others abandon the Word, grasping anything, and take up just sticking hearts (moving men) however they can. Both alternatives are pretty deadly, pretty harmful.

It's no good going out in Saul's armor and it's no use going out without the proved rock.

2009/7/11 18:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy