SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is Someone Listening in on Your Cell Phone?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
If you are not doing anything illegal...you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

This is my gut reaction but there is still something unsettling to me about it. Why is someone so interested in my affairs? Actually, I think our lives have so little drama I would think our conversations could put a non-involved person to sleep! But then maybe they are suffering from insomnia?? :-(

When I consider how public folks are about their lives - you have Twitter, MySpace, FaceBook and who knows what all, I would think if an Enemy would be interested in charting your life, folks are making it so easy by participating in all these postings.

I am also told that all cell phone conversations are on file at your carriers' headquarters...they have people employed full time to check on conversations requested by law officers and ....

Ecclesiastes 10:20: "Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter." And they did not even have cell phones or computers...

ginnyrose

2009/7/10 16:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
This is my gut reaction but there is still something unsettling to me about it. Why is someone so interested in my affairs?

maybe your just an interesting person...! :-D

2009/7/10 17:07
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Reformer wrote:

Quote:
maybe your just an interesting person...!

DUH! LOL

Quote:
I used to be able to pick up cordless phone conversations on my radio. Our scanner also used to be able to listen in on cell phone calls.

hulsey, can this still be done? and how close do you have to be in order for you to be able to pick up these conversations? The scanners firemen use, do they have the capability to pick up these conversations? or does it require another kind of scanner?

BTW, I am really getting spooked! I'll tell you why: I participate in conversations a lot that are supposed to be confidential! It has nothing to do with national security, I promise...I lend an ear to a hurting relative.

Like I said I always suspected someone was somewhere listening in but that was perhaps 5 years ago...so maybe the scanners have since then become more sophisticated?

ginnyrose

2009/7/10 19:06Profile
dunlow64God

Re:

ginnyrose,

I hate to admit it, but my first husband and I had a scanner back in 1992, i think it was...and even back then it could pick up cordless phone conversations, just by riding by someone's house...by the way, I wasn't serving the Lord then and I would never even think about doing that now...but I'm sure that technology has come a long way since then, so there is no telling the things that can be done now! (Side note...I forgot to mention that I was 19...which means I didn't really know better...well I did know better but it was more or less just one of those stupid things you do when you are young...like running away from home and getting married...whole other story...)

In Christ.
Wendy :-D

2009/7/10 20:26Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Wendy,

So, it is back to the corded phones?? Now that would be inconvenient! Wonder if you can still buy long cords? I used to feel so liberated when I had a cord that would stretch 20 feet. My, I could cook, wash dishes, do a lot of work and still yak while on the phone...Now we think we would really be tied down if we had to use a corded phone.

Thanks for sharing your perspective.

ginnyrose

2009/7/10 20:54Profile
dunlow64God

Re:

i've always used cordless phones. i guess i never really thought about anybody caring a hill of beans about what i was talking about. you never can tell though. we don't even own a corded phone. it's sad to say, but there is probably a way to eavesdrop with them (corded phones) also...you would think that people would have better things to do, like study and read the Word or pray, maybe...anyway that's just my thoughts and it's gonna get much worse before it gets better!
In Christ,

2009/7/10 21:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I tend to think someone must be dreadfully bored in order to want to listen in on our conversations. But I have a brother who is hurting and he calls and shares his heart. It is him that I am concerned about. So if you are into gossip, you may hear some juicy tidbits...

Like I said, it is a tad bit unsettling...where can a body go to hide if persecution would settle in? Where can one [i]hide anything[/i] if you sense someone may be listening?

Maybe this explains how some folks have had money stolen after hiding it....there is a church nearby whose treasurer would take the Sunday's offering home. They have been broken in so one day he hid it in the barn. But would you know? it was found and stolen again which did make some wonder whether he was embezzeling. This is not an isolated incident with these church people - they do not believe in prosecuting law offenders so they were/are targets for criminal activity.

ginnyrose

2009/7/10 23:30Profile
dunlow64God

Re:

very strange indeed! some people are really too nosy for their own good...why some would eavesdrop. others are just mean, and eavesdrop for criminal reasons...it all points to the times we are living in, i guess. maybe we should just call each other and start preaching and sharing the gospel...that would certainly be something...some folks might even get delivered and saved! :-o well, going to bed now...good night all, or good morning if you're in another time zone...and watch what you say...someone could be listening! :-P

In Christ,

2009/7/11 0:24Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
hulsey, can this still be done? and how close do you have to be in order for you to be able to pick up these conversations? The scanners firemen use, do they have the capability to pick up these conversations? or does it require another kind of scanner?

This was back in the early to mid '90s. (Wow, I just used the phrase 'back in' to refer to the 90's. I'm getting old...lol) I'm sure anything that's sent wireless can be hacked.

All this spy tech is still no match for the One who knows every thought and intention of our hearts. Now that's the ability to hear when we think no one's listening. :)

2009/7/11 2:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
others are just mean

Before the appearance of caller ID I have had annoying calls. If I recall - it has been a LONG time ago..about forgot about it - this caller would call, not say anything but just breathe. So, one day I decided to start reading some scripture...and would you know? this worked! :-) For some reason it was no longer fun to call me!!

EDIT: what did I read? I do not recall exactly but what I did was open the WORD and read the first thing I came to ... Others have tried this with similar results. Old fashioned method to deal with an annoying problem that no longer exists?

ginnyrose

2009/7/11 22:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy