SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A PRAYER OF CONCERN

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
chapel

A PRAYER OF CONCERN

A PRAYER OF CONCERN

Gracious Father in heaven, I am a pastor in the flock of God and I confess that I am a troubled man. It is too late in my ministry for me to be engaged week after week with men and women who do not hear Thy pleading voice. O Lord, we often wonder if Thou wilt be forced to turn from those who have heard all of the Bible truths over and over again, in order to find willing and responsive listeners elsewhere? We recognize that Thou hast given us plain warnings in Thy Word. We remember all too well that the Jews of Jesus' day held stubbornly to their attitudes of presumption: "We are Abraham's descendents. We know who we are. If God is going to bless anyone, He is going to bless us." Yet at that very time those same self-serving men were planning to kill their promised Messiah, the eternal Son whom Thou hadst sent in the fullness of time.
We pray earnestly, 0 God, that we may not be found among those with hardened hearts, no longer able to hear Thy voice.

A.W. Tozer

2009/7/8 4:40Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: A PRAYER OF CONCERN

Not only is there great, but grave concern in this prayer.

It is one we can all identify with.

My fear is self-deception. That we carry on regardless, whether the Spirit of God is there or not.

We think of self-deception as those belonging to cults, JW's, Mormons etc.

But if we were to look in the mirror at ourselves, and compare our minds and hearts with the word of God, how far from self-deception would we see ourselves from being?

It is scary, so very scary.

God bless.

2009/7/8 5:20Profile
chapel

Re: A PRAYER OF CONCERN

Yes Enid, very much scary, strange more do not seem to notice. Maybe they are to busy looking at the lives of others. Sad and very scary.

"We pray earnestly, 0 God, that we may not be found among those with hardened hearts, no longer able to hear Thy voice."

A.W. Tozer

2009/7/9 4:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy