SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : CAN BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS LOOSE SALVATION and END UP IN HELL?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
int3grity

CAN BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS LOOSE SALVATION and END UP IN HELL?

CAN BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS LOOSE SALVATION and END UP IN HELL?

2009/7/4 14:14Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: CAN BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS LOOSE SALVATION and END UP IN HELL?

yes i believe scripture says it is possible, iin many parables and many illustrations from old testament, in the apostles letters all have some things showing there is such a possibility, And i think Revelation shows it is possible without a doubt. But I also believe it is utter impossible as long as we want to be saved and continually come to him, and hold fast, take heed, make our election sure, abiding in him.... all through his grace and mercy then we can never be lost ever, but for those who dont do that i am not so sure.

But i am not sure :-) and having discussed this to many times i just wanted to answer your question that have the possibility to easy "get out of line", so in all discussion remember

And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know. (1Co 8:2 NKJ)

just posted that in another thread, but it ggoes well with this issue also

God bless you and keep you all

2009/7/4 14:20Profile
tozerite

Plano, TX

There are two sides on this issue: a definite "YES" camp and a definite "No" camp. Both are not short of scriptures to back their cause.

I know lovely and gracious believers on both sides of the issue.

I don't think it is an emphatic "NO", because there are too many scriptures that support the "YES" camp.

I just read this morning in 2 Samuel 7:15: "But my mercy shall not depart away from him (David), as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from thee."

Oh, that's Old Testament, many will say. I'm not sure one can dismiss it so easily.

As for me, I'm abiding in Him to keep a clear conscience and ensure I don't trample on His grace and mercy.

It is better to walk in the fear of the Lord, than go around and boast "once saved always saved."

2009/7/4 16:31Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

No, and to believe otherwise is blasphemy against God's character and should be repented of promptly.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/7/4 19:36Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Yes, I believe they can.

My personal belief is that this teaching has done more harm then we will ever begin to imagine on this earth and the implications are exactly what Matt 23.15 speaks of.

I live in the Bible belt and I have to listen to this teaching of: "your past, present and future sins are forgiven." [b]Where is the Scripture that EXPLICITLY supports that our future sins are forgiven?[/b]

Thank you and God bless you,

2009/7/4 21:14Profile

Yes I believe there are many Scriptures in the Old and New Testamant that teach so. There is no forgiveness in advance. Forgiveness is always conditional upon repentance. If a believer sins, he must repent of it and ask God for forgiveness. If he does not, he is walking on the broad road to destruction.

2009/7/4 23:18
tozerite

Plano, TX

Re:

Taylor,

I'm halfway in your camp, but please exlain your interpretation of 2 Sam 7:12, 1 Cor 6:9, and Hebrews 6:4 - 6.

2009/7/5 9:47Profile

Re: Born again saints Falling Away?

Paul said that if you did not continue in faith, you would be cut off. Jesus said that your name could be blotted out from the Book of Life, if no repentance to Godliness was evident.

It's like an apple on a tree, and a wind storm. If the apple is blown to the field below, did it fall from the tree? You must a part of the tree, to fall away from the tree. There are multiple references to this TRUTH , and especially evident in the WARNINGS by every Apostle in scripture. See acts 20, the Book of Jude, and the lists to Christians that state,

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"
1 Corinthians 6:8-10 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 6 (Whole Chapter)

Written to Christians by the apostle himself,;Not to the lost outsiders obviously. Why? WARNING! You will die if you are unholy!

The parable of the sower and the seed is also one..."And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful."
Mark 4:18-20 (in Context) Mark 4 (Whole Chapter)

Many more; we must endure to the end and without holiness, no man shall see God. We can become castaways and must subdue and crucify our lusts. Open sin is open rebellion, born again or not; it is still rebellion; and God must condemn those who persist in their lusts, otherwise Heaven would not be Heaven.

2009/7/5 11:10

Re:

So then, our right standing before God is based upon our obedience and not His?

Quote:
Open sin is open rebellion, born again or not; it is still rebellion; and God must condemn those who persist in their lusts.....

So how does this teaching differ from Roman Catholic teaching on justification.

2009/7/5 11:25
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

Mahoney wrote:

So how does this teaching differ from Roman Catholic teaching on justification.

A great deal i would say, in Joh 3:16 we se the word beliveth, this greek verb does not exist in swedish or english, the best way to describe it is to say he who believes and continue to believe.

So we are justified by faith, its a gift from God by if neglected or abandoned as any gift, i am not sure such people will be in heaven. The greatest warning and one of the things that settled it for me is pauls warning about the isralites, scripture and Paul says that

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

All had a part in Christ, they drank living water from Christ, yet what happened to them?

let it serve us as a warning and en encouragement to make our "election and calling sure".

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

2009/7/5 12:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy