SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Heart being hardened

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible1985

Re:

no i am saying i am trying to rest and believe in christ but just can't and have been trying to have faith for over a year now in that. I have prayed that God would help my unbelief but he hasn't. I have fasted to no avail. I just can't believe unles he gives me his spirit it is that simple, unlike everyone believes unless he gives his spirit in opening your eyes and unhardening your heart you can't believe, you just can't. Thats where i am at. I am sorry if you think the problem is with me or annoyed that i don't listen enough to people but i know that i have sought God in scripture, prayer, crying, spreading his word but i have nothing but a dead body.

2009/7/2 16:22Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

So you're saying you don't believe that Christ died and rose again to make atonement for your sins?

2009/7/2 17:03Profile
Lowly

Re:

bible1985,

Jesus healed you first to demonstrate His power and authority. Just like the man whose friends lowered him down through the roof of the house. Jesus said to that man "Take courage son, your sins are forgiven."

And then He said "Which is easier to sy, Your sins are forgive, or to say, Rise up and walk?....

"But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins..........

He said..."Get up, pick up your bed and go home."

In His amazing love,
Lowly

2009/7/2 17:15Profile
bible1985

Re:

I will have glimpses of believing in and out sometimes i will say it makes all the sense then other times i start doubting again. Those times where i start really believing i have asked God to save me but he hasn't, because i know i could sit here and try to hold onto that small amount of faith but then those doubts come in once again. But no i never fully trusted in his blood shed for me before truly, i only began believing in christ and the bible because God healed me, i instantly believed in God and christ and the bible, but over the past 2 years i have been falling away from the faith taylor, was i born again, i don't know but i will tell you this that i was a changed person when god healed me and i first believed, i no longer was selfish, i had a desire for gods word, i no longer wanted anything to do with tv unless it was about God, i was confident, i had prior homosexual feelings that i was delivered from, it was like christ did save me but i did not trust in his shed blood but in him. I did experience power from the holy spirit but never any big holy spirit conviction or anything, but that is why i am scared because the experience i did once have went on for a couple of years and it was not fake but real and now suddenly the last 2 years i have fell from the faith and even my heart is being hardened to believe.

2009/7/2 17:19Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

"You need to concentrate on obeying God, and not so much on how you feel.”

bible1985- I read the above quote and I thought of you, please consider this.

with care
rdg

2009/7/2 20:21Profile

Re:

Ok, Now I understand where your coming from. You've fallen back into a lifestyle that is displeasing to God. No wonder your feeling like your not saved, anyone would. The problem is that when you got delivered from homosexuality you were left alone to yourself and you haven't had some good grounded teaching on justification and sanctification and other notable doctrines that establish the believer in God. I can only guess that no one encouraged you to take a wife. A woman has a lot of power in her ability to convince you that your a man. And that is something she would have brought out of you as you continue to heal from your initial deliverance.

Now quit saying that you fell from grace. That is a foolish term, you have done no such thing. You've sinned and by sinning your reaping what sin brings forth, death. Now that doesn't mean the end of the world, but it does mean that sin carries that penalty where you feel separated from God and condemnation is also attached to that as well. Romans 8:1 There is therefore NOW no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus who walk not after homosexuality but after the Spirit.

I KNOW what your going through Brother. I was caught up in the same lifestyle for many years. I've been where your at now. You speak like I spoke so long ago. And I am telling you now that your not going to "feel" saved, your going to have to endure some things.

I too felt that overwhelming healing and sometime later I fell right back into that old lifestyle. And I carried that thing with me, but slowly things fell away as I continued with Him. Some seasons I could have taken on all the forces of hell, other times I was checking in to Hell Hotel.

But I am giving you some pointers NOW so you don't have to keep in your misery. When I sinned I spent months depressed I thought God didn't love me that I wasn't saved. All the things your saying now. But later in my experience the Holy Spirit was quickening the word to me and showing me not to wallow in condemnation but to IMMEDIATELY give it over to the LORD. IF I sin now I don't allow the condemnation to even start because I have given it over to the LORD to deal with, I can't deal with it, He was the sin bearer, only He knows how to deal with sin.

You should find some sermons on this site that talks about Justification and Sanctification, you need to get grounded.

2009/7/2 20:30
run2win

USA

Re:

Brother John,

Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. (1Pet1:2-3)

Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need. (Heb4:16)

Hence, also, He is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. (Heb 7:25)

Brother, I encourage you to read the book of Philippians. Let every verse minister to you. God is able!

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. (Phil 1:6)

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. (Phil 2:3-4)

But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. (Phil 3:7)

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)

This thread is full of wonderful encouragements for you. Trust God to deliver you from this besetting sin. You can have victory. I felt these passages would be far more valuable to you than anything I could say. May the Lord guide you in all truth and keep you. May He give you His sufficient grace for each day. Remember 1 Cor 10:13. Praying for you.

BELIEVE!

2009/7/2 23:19Profile
bible1985

Re:

Deepthinker i never gave into the homosexual feelings but i did have them though, i do not have them anymore. I am married to my wife allyce. You know where i am coming from and that is great. The main thing right now that scares me is i am getting hardened to believe, but i want to believe and know the lord so much. Please keep praying for my deliverance and my faith to be increased.Thank you guys.

2009/7/3 2:54Profile
passerby

Re:

Inordinate study of doctrines and theology can make our hearts cold. Many have lost the tenderness of their souls when they drifted away from child like faith and simple devotions with God.

Perhaps a daily reading of the 'Imitation of Christ' will make you rediscover the sweet communion that captured your soul in the past.

2009/7/3 6:12Profile
bible1985

Re:

you know i remember when the lord first came into my life 5 and a half years ago when i began to read the bible for the first time i had this inner hatred when i would read gods name or christs, not knowing what was wrong i assumed it was satan and shrugged it off and it slowly went away, but now 5 years later after falling into deep sin again those same feelings our coming again, their is this absolute hatred for God and the word of God in me when i read the scriptures, i know that it is evil that is making me feel this way, that is part of the hardening i was talking about too, also i constantly am doubting like i never did before. I have been encouraged that christ can forgive me but my biggest problem has been having faith, i am almost one hundred percent assured that us humans can't just have faith on our own, it has to be a work of God, because i have fought this for over a year now to simply just believe, i guess i need the holy spirit to come. Its like everything everyone is saying to me is right and i know it, but if the holy spirit isn't working i am going to stay dead to it all. I am going to go through confessing and forsaking my sin because i want to but hopefully the lord will give me his holy spirit, but i am noticing that even though this might seem easy to most and i'm assured most will blame me for the lack of faith and me doing something wrong here, even though my sin is my fault. But this has been for a whole year with me constantly trying to be right with god and seeking him and nothing, i will die in my sins unless his spirit comes because i am done trying and it failing. I am sorry but pray that the holy spirit comes.

2009/7/4 1:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy