SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Deny Decadence

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Deny Decadence

[b]decadence[/b] [i]n[/i] A process, condition, or period of deterioration or decline, as in morals; decay. The state of being degenerate in mental or moral qualities.

You know, the longer and longer I walk with the Lord, the more I realize how simple a relationship with Him really is. The simple truth I discovered in a different light this morning is that it [i]is[/i] possible not to stumble or fall away from the Lord. And the way we get to that point is letting the world around us slowly encourage us to give up our moral values, one by one. It's hard to see and easy to justify when you're in the midst of the process of decline, but here's an encouraging - [b]How to Deny Decadence![/b]

"As we know Jesus better, His divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive His own glory and goodness! And by that same mighty power, He has given us all of His rich and wonderful promises. He has promised that you will escape the [b][i]decadence[/i][/b] all around you caused by evil desires and that you will share in His divine nature.

So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow in genuine love for [i]everyone[/i]. The more you grow like this, the more you will become productive and useful in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But those who fail to develop these virtues are blind or, at least, very shortsighted. They have already forgotten that God has cleansed them from their old life of sin.

So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away."

- 2 Peter 1:3-10 (NLT)

May God help each one of us to simply get to know Him better, which will lead to the natural fruit of choosing to do what's right, and doing that out of love.

2004/9/3 12:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Deny Decadence

Quote:
decadence n A process, condition, or period of deterioration or decline, as in morals; decay. The state of being degenerate in mental or moral qualities.

Sister Yolanda, I believe you have shared sometime that the Lord is trying to speak to His church in North America in surety and possibly world-wide. This topic of the declension of morals in infidels and heathen and even in the precious body of christ is barely mentioned or grieved over as it should be. Who are we fooling this world is goind downhill at a rate that is staggaring and the church is going with it, we arent halting the progress of the world because we are too busy just trying to cope with the falling away amongst our own ranks. The words of Jesus Christ to this generation and surely to my life speaks volumes:

[b]Matthew 5:13[/b] - Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

YOUR private Christian life does not just affect yourself or God, but the entire body of christ and in turn the WORLD!! how many people are perishing because of our double-mindedness, hycroprisy, worldliness. When the world was looking for the answer, the truth, for a different way, a different people and they glazed their eyes over the church barely noticing her! oh for people to weep over this.. Where are my tears.. why so few.. at the judgement seat there will be many!

[b]1 Peter 1:3-11[/b] - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

2004/9/3 15:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy